Nicole Marie, Queen of the Internet Ether

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Nicole Marie, Queen of the Internet Ether

Postby Redsox07 » Wed May 16, 2007 7:41 am

Internet radio, especially classical music radio, is the best we could ask for as music lovers. But one thing makes it really worth listening to and worth watching, and that's N.M. She's hip, knowledgeable, sharp-witted, and the best reason that someone invented the web cam!
I really envy Scott and the crew for getting to work with her, and I have an idea that she's pretty matter of fact when she's off the air, but in a good way.
I wish her the best in her career, and hope she never leaves Beethoven Radio, but if she ever does, she'll excel.
Redsox07
Section Player

Postby Shapley » Wed May 16, 2007 8:18 am

Hello, RedSox!

We haven't heard from you in a while. Good to see that you still drop in.

I agree that Nicole adds a certain charm to B.com, but then I think all the DJ's do (I still miss Eric and Dan!).

Keep up the good work, B.com!

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Nicole Marie » Wed May 16, 2007 10:01 am

Hello Redsox07!

(Scott will love you too since you are a Red Sox fan!)

Thanks for the nice words. The real treat is working with the rest of the Beethoven crew. They really are the best co-workers you could ask for. I'm sure the trips to the bar each weekend with them helps build that relationship too! ;)

I do love it here and do not plan on leaving any time soon. (As long as you all contact your state reps and tell them to support HR 2060 and save internet radio... then I'll still have a job!)

My sharp-wittedness (is that a word?) has gotten me into trouble. Some folks like to send snotty emails (you know who you are). But it turns out those folks don't get that we are classical music WITHOUT the attitude and need to pull to pole out their a$$! No really...

So RedSox07, thanks! Thanks for enjoying the show and "getting" what we are all about! (Feel free to send the check to 1039 Asylum Ave Hartford CT 06105!) :toast:
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby barfle » Wed May 16, 2007 7:50 pm

It just so happens that I was perusing Wikipedia today and discovered that Radio World Online has a feature article on beethoven dot com, with a picture of our favorite hostess.

And when it comes to Sterns, I'll pick Isaac, at least for my entertainment.

It does look like the basement group is operating on a shoestring, however. Click on some ads, my friends.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu May 17, 2007 6:24 am

Even though I am a HUGE YANKEE FAN!!!!!! :flex:

Welcome to the Pit RedSox07

:mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Fri May 18, 2007 11:32 pm

barfle wrote:Click on some ads, my friends.

I been usin' the WinMedia Amazon access. Considering the amount of stuff Amazon sends me, the connection commission ought to add up to a few cents.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Re: Nicole Marie, Queen of the Internet Ether

Postby barfle » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:09 pm

A few messages (and months) ago, I commented on the article that showed Beethoven radio received income from Amazon.com ads being clicked on, and I recommended clicking on them when you are done with the board. Alas, with the new board layout, I no longer see Amazon.com ads on the pages, so I am unable to provide that level of support for those who are so dedicated to bringing me wonderful music all day long.

Maybe this belongs in the "Helping Hand" topic, too.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:12 am

The Google ads at the top and sides of the beethoven site can be clicked on for ad revenue! Thanks for thinking of us... of course buying items from the Beethoven Stores is a great way to send duckets our way too! :D
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby Ghostman » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:33 am

I don't know who is requesting all the Copland today (9-27-07), but THANKS!!
Ghostman
5th Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:05 am

Ghostman wrote:I don't know who is requesting all the Copland today (9-27-07), but THANKS!!

I could listen to Copland ALL DAY!!!
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Ghostman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:34 am

Trumpetmaster wrote:
Ghostman wrote:I don't know who is requesting all the Copland today (9-27-07), but THANKS!!

Oh, as could I. :headphones:

It's an incredible shame I missed him when he was alive, and conducted here in Cincinnati. (only on occasion, of course). If only knew back then. (I was 10 when he died)
Ghostman
5th Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:41 am

Ghostman wrote:
Trumpetmaster wrote:

Oh, as could I. :headphones:

It's an incredible shame I missed him when he was alive, and conducted here in Cincinnati. (only on occasion, of course). If only knew back then. (I was 10 when he died)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghostman,

He was at a concert of his music in Queens NY that I attended. (many years ago)
I was fortunate to meet him, shake his hand and get his autograph. (i guess i'm a geek)

anyway... MY AGE is showing....

Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Ghostman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:24 am

Trumpetmaster wrote:Ghostman,

He was at a concert of his music in Queens NY that I attended. (many years ago)
I was fortunate to meet him, shake his hand and get his autograph. (i guess i'm a geek)

anyway... MY AGE is showing....

A geek? Why so? For taking a piece of a greatness with you after an encounter? No way, or not in my opinion. You experienced, what I dream about. All I have left is a chance encounter with Danny Elfman, John Williams, Hans Zimmer (if I make it back to Germany), or Peter Boyer, and a very little chance at that.
Ghostman
5th Chair

Postby barfle » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:59 pm

Does Lukas Foss's autograph qualify me as a geek?
:flex:
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Ghostman » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:06 am

barfle wrote:Does Lukas Foss's autograph qualify me as a geek?
:flex:

No... He is Buffalo's conductor, and director right?
I have Erich Kunzel's. I got that during a grade school field trip.
Ghostman
5th Chair

Postby lehavens » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:45 am

Back to the topic at hand....

I would like to express my appreciation for the wonderfully quirky news stories that Nicole Marie shares with all of us!

I've actually been to The Providence Place Mall on numerous occasions and wonder if I've ever passed that apartment.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
lehavens
Section Player

Postby jamiebk » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:04 am

If you like quirky news stories, check out these websites....you can subscribe to daily updates etc. to your email.

Chuck Shepherd's "News of the Weird"
http://www.newsoftheweird.com/

Reuters: "Oddly Enough"
http://www.reuters.com/news/oddlyEnough ... EnoughNews

I often post selected articles from either here on the board.
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Catmando » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:56 am

Ok, in regards to what Nicole was just talking about (ie. Star Wars TV series spin-off), she was mentioning there are none of the main characters that were in the movies, such as Luke Skywalker, and the "Wokies". Did she mean the Ewoks perhaps?
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:15 am

As long as it's not that annoying animated Binks dude. Judging from the size of the senate chamber, there have to be a lot of planets to choose from. We could have podracing, and Jedi Olympics, and a look into the private life of Queen Amidala's hairdresser (who has got to be a nut case) :mrgreen:
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:17 am

I wouldn't mind seeing back-story on Senator Organa and wife who become Leia's adoptive parents, Owen and Veru (Beru?), Luke's adoptive parents, or maybe the start of the rebellion - stuff that happened in between episodes 3 and 4. There's lots of ground to cover - just pick a time period.

And by the way - there are already 2 mini-movies (animated) that were originally 2-6 min or so pieces run on Cartoon Network covering the Clone Wars - basically, what happens between episodes 2 and 3, including a great bit where Anakin has a vision that alludes to his turning to the dark side. Cool stuff - funny and serious.
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Next

Return to Nicole Marie