War with Iran

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

War with Iran

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:49 pm

I read on a futures forum that the Russians left the Bushah nuclear plant in a hurry. The speculation is that they have been informed of an attack coming from either the US or Isreal. I think they must have read some of Bush's speeches in the newspapers.

We need to look for weapons of mass destruction, etc., and so on, in Iran.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Re: War with Iran

Postby analog » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:54 pm

Oh Lord I hope not.

Please let it be as simple as this:
http://english.pravda.ru/russia/politic ... elations-0

27.07.2007 Source:

Moscow has delayed the start-up of Iran's first nuclear power station to 2008 because Tehran has fallen behind with payments for the Bushehr plant, a top Russian official said on Thursday.
Cogito ergo doleo.
analog
2nd Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:23 am

Or maybe, after seeing how effective a Russian state-of-the-art anti-aircraft system worked (or didn't) in Syria has led them to consider how safe a Russian state-of-the-art nuclear power plant might be? :crazy:
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:47 am

I read on a futures forum that the Russians left the Bushah nuclear plant in a hurry. The speculation is that they have been informed of an attack coming from either the US or Isreal. I think they must have read some of Bush's speeches in the newspapers.

We need to look for weapons of mass destruction, etc., and so on, in Iran.

I doubt seriously that the U.S. has plans for an invasion of Iran in the near future. Both the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq were well telegraphed. Sneak attacks are not President Bush's style, unless there was evidence of an impending threat from Iran, which there doesn't seem to be at the moment.

Israel, on the other hand, may have plans. Their intelligence in the region is greater than ours, and Iran poses a greater threat to their nation than to ours. Even so, I doubt that they would telegraph news of an impending attack to the Russians, if one were pending. It would give the opportunity to Iran to beef up their air defenses.

It could simply be that Russia has perceived some threat to their workers' safety, perhaps from Iran itself, and withdrew them for that reason.

Of course, it could also simply be an erroneous rumour, and the workers could still be on site.

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:52 am

Giant Communist Robot wrote:I read on a futures forum that the Russians left the Bushah nuclear plant in a hurry.

Considering their track record for safety, I would probably leave a Russian nuclear plant in a hurry too.
:lol:
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:54 am

Considering their track record for safety, I would probably leave a Russian nuclear plant in a hurry too.

That's why they call it a 'SCRAM'. :D
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Haggis@wk » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:49 pm

Shapley wrote:

That's why they call it a 'SCRAM'. :D

GGGGGRRRRRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby BrainWaves » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:43 pm

War with Iran, will not happen.
if, if, ever US, goes to war with Iran,will have to be when the sunspot activity, will be at its highest.
High sunspot activity, will trigger violent activities in the human field.
Sunspot now is at its lowest.

BrainWaves
BrainWaves
5th Chair

Return to The Debate Team