Cast of Bronze CD

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Cast of Bronze CD

Postby piqaboo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:10 pm

My lab once bought a $90,000 piece of equipment that came with the following instruction: "To adjust the oxygen level, adjust the oxygen level".

Even their US Tech Rep couldnt figure that one out. Took him 8 hour on the phone to Japan to get the O2 levels adjusted.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:13 pm

One of our suppliers sent a service manual with a piece of equipment. The manual was short and not a lot of help, and was obviously designed to be packaged with any of a number of models of that particular equipment. In the back of the manual were the instructions: "For Additional Instruction Call Our Help Line 24 Hours A Day", but no help line phone number was included. Nowhere in the book was there a phone number, an address, or a company name. We had to staple the sales reps business card onto the cover.

Apparently we weren't supposed to know who made the equipment or how to get hold of them. If you needed help, you were supposed to call the distributor, not the manufacturer. The manufacturer didn't want to talk to anybody. I presume the distributor was supposed to afix a sticker inside of the book below the 'additional assistance' blurb. The manufacturer did not even have their name on the equipment, there was just a sticker with the distributor's name attached to it. It, also, had no phone number.

One of our employees had written below the inscription: For Additional Help, Yell "HELP".

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby barfle » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:59 pm

If you have to ask, you're not qualified to operate it. :rofl:
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby bellringer_sh » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:28 pm

Shapley wrote:Bellringer,

The CD arrived yesterday. I had the opportunity to listen to most of it. I particularly enjoyed Réunir, even though I wasn't familiar with it before.

I'll give it another listen soon, but my backordered copy of I Solisti Veniti's Vivaldi Concerto's for Mandolin/Concerto's for Violin also arrived (I think this makes my third CD by them - some of the selections are repetitive of selections on the previous two, but there are some new ones making it well worth the wait!).

Glad to hear you got it! Reunir is an original piece written for handbells. I didn't used to like Bill Payn's music, but as I matured as a ringer, I really came to appreciate it. Plus, he's just a really nice guy, VERRRY artsy, but NOT pretentious! I look forward to more comments from you.

:D

V/R
Shapley
Sherry Colgrove
Cast of Bronze
Dallas, Texas
bellringer_sh
Section Player

Postby Serenity » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:23 pm

Big Wind Chimes are nice!

i wonder if there was a Chinese Quasimodo who held his hands over his ears yelling "THE CHIMES! THE CHIMES!"
Serenity
1st Chair

Previous

Return to Nicole Marie