opera impressarios, contacts

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

opera impressarios, contacts

Postby Adina » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:41 am

Hi Everyone,

I have been listening to Beethoven.com for 2 years but it has never occurred to me to ask one of the most crucial questions in my life: do you happent o know anyone who works as an opera impressario or in any other form is closely connected to opera productions and is open enough to have a look at the showreel of my husband? the fact is that we live in hungary which is a tiny little country with only one Operahouse where for 11 years my husband used to direct pieces by Rossini, Mozart, Cimarosa, Donizetti etc with quite a great success, but due to a change on the managerial level as well as to the awful budget situation he has no opportunity to work at the present. He would be happy to go abroad to work, but has no contacts at all. So, we would highly appreciate every suggestion from you.

Thanksa lot!
Adina
Section Player

Re: opera impressarios, contacts

Postby Shapley » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:44 am

Hello, Adina.

Welcome to the B.com BB!

I wont' be able to help, but I believe some of our other posters here may be able to help

Good luck!

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:31 am

OT....any suggestions?

Welcome to the board Adina and as Shap said, best wishes...Good luck
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:08 pm

Welcome to the BBB Adina!!

:mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Adina » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:15 pm

Dear All,

thank you for the warm welcome and your good wishes. I hope they will come true.

Have a nice day!

Adina
Adina
Section Player

Postby analog » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:59 pm

Your post made me think of a documentary I saw some years back about a lady with a dream.. there must be some synchronicity afoot here because I ran across a postcard of her just days before you posted. Your post made me think of her story.

She bought an old rundown opera house in what amounted to a ghost town in our Southwest. She painted marvelous murals inside of audiences in 16th century garb... sometimes it was her only audience.
source: http://www.amargosa-opera-house.com/operahouse.html

But the place caught on and her opera house is now on our National register of Historic Places.
It sounds like the offbeat kind of place I'd stop to see.

Her name was Marta Becket and her story is interesting...
http://www.amargosafilms.com/story.asp

no commerce intended here. Just an interesting character reminiscent of Thoreau, and a little coincidence.

I wish you and your husband the best.
Cogito ergo doleo.
analog
2nd Chair

Postby Adina » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:45 am

Dear analog,

what an incredible story! I will definitely read more into it. Thanks for letting me know about it.
Best,

Adina
Adina
Section Player

Return to Culture Connections