Mystery Musical Interlude

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Mystery Musical Interlude

Postby welcid » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:26 am

Hi,

The last couple/few days Beethoven.com has broadcast a brief (45-70 seconds) unidentified musical interlude over/between commercials. I asked Nicole about it and, in addition to her not being able to hear it, she said it was part of some pilot streaming program that the station is currently using. She does not know what it is.

My question to any of you who can hear it, have any idea what the music is? It sounds very "new agey", is synchopated and has a great beat to it. It is playing right now as I type. It is really pretty. I cannot imagine that it was written stricly for commercial purposes.
welcid
4th Chair

Re: Mystery Musical Interlude

Postby Hairy Buddah » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:28 pm

This interlude has also intrigued me. I suspect that it might have something to do with copyrighted material. Perhaps there is a commercial or some other content that can't be sent out nationally, so it is covered up with the mystery interlude. I am not surprised that the on air personalities wouldn't know about it.

It sounds an awful lot like Tangerine Dream to me. I hope we eventually find out what it is.

Ya know, that would be an interesting addition to the Beethoven.com lineup. There are a lot of good composers out there who do not use acoustic instruments. Serious music can come from synthesizers and even <shudder> electric guitars. Tangerine Dream always struck me as a good example of that. I am not sufficiently musically sophisticated to know if their work shows classical training, but Dream is certainly a major step up from the verse-chorus-verse-chorus simplistic songs that pollute the majority of record stores and broadcast channels.

Hairy
Hairy Buddah
Section Player

Postby jamiebk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:32 pm

Welcome to the BBB, Hairy Buddah.

Are you by any chance related to "Hairy Eyeball"? :lol:
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:36 pm

Welcome Hairy Buddah!!!

Post Often!!!

:mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Hairy Buddah » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Thank you folks,

This appears to be a pretty friendly place. As well as useful. I was quite pleased to find that someone had asked the question on my mind, and that the hunt was already on for the mystery interlude.

I poked around a bit before coming to this forum, and was shocked that the political board was as polite as it was. While I haven't done a thorough sampling, it appeared that most people were behaving, that there was a VERY surprisingly conservative bent to the board, and it wasn't infested with inconsiderate Ron Paul supporters.

But I digress.

While I have been known to USE the "hairy eyeball", I cannot profess to be related to same.

Thanks for the welcome!

Hairy
Hairy Buddah
Section Player

Postby Shapley » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:21 am

Hello, Hairy Buddah,

Welcome to the B.com BB!

We try to be friendly, but we do have a Flame Resistant Suit available for loan if things get a bit heated. I think OT has it right now. The last I recall, he was having Piq reinforce the seat. :D

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Return to Musical Notes