WMP crashing listening to Beethoven.com

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Postby Shapley » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:19 am

curiouser and curiouser...
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:26 am

WMP has crashed a few times since noon EST today....
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Nicole Marie » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:00 am

From what engineering told me there was some firewall issue. I'm trying to get a better description but they are avoiding me. Not a surprise since this has been going on since yesterday and I've been demanding this get fixed ASAP and it took until today! :witch:
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:52 am

Y.R.H.,

Could not try logging in yesterday afternoon..
Seems to be working OK now....

Thanks again for your help!

TM

:D
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:07 pm

CLarsen wrote:... for now you can go straight to http://www.beethoven.com/beethoven_ad.asx and it should pull up the stream just fine...

This worked for me, just now - before, I've had a voice saying "This content is currently unavailable". She lied. I don't know if my ITiots have gotten something dewhacked in the firewall or what, but I'm glad this alternate doodad was available.

Thanks, Chris!
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Re: WMP crashing listening to Beethoven.com

Postby jamiebk » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:30 am

Is anyone else having trouble with the WMP streaming this AM? I can't seem to get the thing to load, though it keep trying to connect.
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:57 pm

This is a new one. We checked the stream and we are OK on our end. Did you try the new link?
http://www.beethoven.com/beethoven_ad.asx

Some people who had trouble with the old link found this one worked better. Let me know if you still have trouble and I'll have IT contact you.

:badputer:
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby jamiebk » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:57 pm

Thanks Nicole. It's working OK now. Not sure what the issue was. Could have been on my end. I was however using the new link at the time
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:43 am

The normally flawless WMP stream seems spotty today on my end. Is anyone else having trouble with it today? I've lost the connection about a dozen times in the past two+ hours, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes until I've had to restart it with the 'play' button.

I've switched over to listening to CD's, for the time being. but I'm goint to retry the WMP stream. I hate to miss the Coffee Cantata.

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:09 am

Shapley wrote:The normally flawless WMP stream seems spotty today on my end. Is anyone else having trouble with it today? I've lost the connection about a dozen times in the past two+ hours, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes until I've had to restart it with the 'play' button.

I've switched over to listening to CD's, for the time being. but I'm goint to retry the WMP stream. I hate to miss the Coffee Cantata.

V/R
Shapley

Shapley,

Was in meetings all morning.
Stream was very choppy when I first turned in on for about 10 minutes
it's been fine ever since...

Hope it's now working OK for you ....

Regards,
TM
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:12 am

It seems to be working fine, now. I did have to miss the first half of the Coffee Cantata. :(
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:30 am

All is well out here in CA. I was in at 6:00AM PDT and WPM worked nicely all morning.
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:58 am

My windows stream just started playing the "This stream is being discontinued" message loop. I went to the front page and clicked on the headphones to load the new player and - drat! - the stream site is listed as a security threat and I got the no-go message in the otherwise empty popup window. :cry:
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:26 am

Selma in Sandy Eggo wrote:My windows stream just started playing the "This stream is being discontinued" message loop. I went to the front page and clicked on the headphones to load the new player and - drat! - the stream site is listed as a security threat and I got the no-go message in the otherwise empty popup window. :cry:

Selma...did you try the link from above?: http://www.beethoven.com/beethoven_ad.asx

My company blocks most of the streaming sites, but that one seems to squeak through thus far. Hope you can resolve it.
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:44 am

It's an audio message loop telling me to go to the new stream and there's no music. :rant:
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby barfle » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:45 am

That's what I got, too.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby BigJon@Work » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:01 pm

Help! Old link above just gets a repeated ad advising that stream will be discontinued. New link opens window and shows titles, but just sits there and blinks "connecting, connecting, connecting . . ."
"I am a 12 foot lizard." GCR Jan 31, 2006
BigJon@Work
2nd Chair

Postby jamiebk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:50 pm

Well at first I thought you guys were looney...because I went in to work today and used the link just likke always. It worked fine. Now, I am at home and just tried it and I am getting the same thing....a constant loop with Scott urging us to move to the new link. I hope my company hasn't got it blocked other wise, it's bye bye B.com...which would make me very sad/angry.

There is a chain of posts in one of the other sections about WPM etc and all of it is true. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3260

This new player is embedded and you have to be careful about it because it comes on at full volume! It opens a new window so it defeats my tabbed IE. There is no way to minimize the window and I don't like that it does not utilize our WPM any more where I could adjust settings better. Also, the stream seems to skip alot...something I never got on the WMP (and I have a high speed cable connection). On the other hand, the audio quality (aside from the skipping) sounds a bit better. I sure hope this works! Lots of trade offs here folks
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby EricP » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:40 am

As I said in the other thread referenced above (Free Player Loads Differently), I hate the embedded player and will stop listening here because of it. I need the taskbar controls to quickly mute or adjust the volume immediately. Going to a webpage to do that (at work) not only looks bad (if your boss is hovering) but is extremely inconvenient. I'm giving B.com a couple of days to give us the old stand-alone player back. If they don't, goodbye.

(I must have caught this "new" player months ago when I first posted that other thread because that's what I saw then. Then, miraculously, it was fine. And here we are. I caught their beta testing.)
Last edited by EricP on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Displace one note and there would be diminishment. Displace one phrase and the structure would fall."
EricP
5th Chair

Postby jamiebk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:19 am

Well....goodbye to B.Com and my BBB friends. My company blocks most audio/video streaming and the new "listen free" link is one of them. Previously, I was able to listen using the old http://www.beethoven.com-beethoven_ad.asx link, but that is gone now (simply a loop message directing us to the new link).

I will miss the format, fun and friends....I may be able to listen in on Fridays when I work from home, but that's about it. I am really bummed about the change. :( :(
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Helping Hand