18th Century Reenactors?

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

18th Century Reenactors?

Postby Pat Fields » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:24 pm

Hi Folks,

If anyone on the board is located in (or visits) Philadelphia and enjoys reenactment of America's Georgian or Federal periods (mid to late 1700's), it may be our mutual pleasure to make an acquaintance!

As a weekend hobby, I make a (fairly regular) habit of visiting City Tavern ("The Finest Tavern in All the Colonies") for brandy, coffee and conversation. I also promenade the historically prominent sites to read political and economic commentary of past and present observers to enliven the minds and stir the spirits of this famous town’s sojourners.

Also, if anyone partakes in a similar pastime elsewhere, let me know your own experiences. We’ll swap stories!

Pat Fields
Pat Fields
Section Player

Re: 18th Century Reenactors?

Postby barfle » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:44 pm

While I don't reeneact (my plate is more than full as it is), I will say that I've enjoyed the reenactors that fill Colonial Williamsburg, VA over labor day weekend a few times.

Philly is on our list of places we intend to visit. We are checking them off, but painfully slowly. I'll look you up when the time comes.

And welcome to the pit!
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Pat Fields » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:12 pm

I've not yet made it to Williamsburg, but have the intent high on my list, so we're about squared up on that count.

A brandy and casual saunter through our more notable spots would be my great pleasure to share! Who knows? ... perhaps I might arrange to introduce you to Mr. Jefferson, or Prof. Franklin with luck.

Pat Fields

barfle wrote:While I don't reeneact (my plate is more than full as it is), I will say that I've enjoyed the reenactors that fill Colonial Williamsburg, VA over labor day weekend a few times.

Philly is on our list of places we intend to visit. We are checking them off, but painfully slowly. I'll look you up when the time comes.

And welcome to the pit!
Pat Fields
Section Player

Postby BigJon@Work » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:28 pm

barfle wrote: Philly is on our list of places we intend to visit. We are checking them off, but painfully slowly. I'll look you up when the time comes.

Gimme a shout when you are in the Philly area . . .
"I am a 12 foot lizard." GCR Jan 31, 2006
BigJon@Work
2nd Chair

Postby Serenity » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:59 pm

Can I just be interested in a Philly cheese steak sub and forget about all the history and stuff? :mrgreen:
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby barfle » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:12 am

BigJon@Work wrote:Gimme a shout when you are in the Philly area . . .

It'll be a while, I'm afeared. But I'm getting just a bit weary. Maybe springtime will help me recover, although it won't help me get out of town any time soon.

The only thing I have in the works is a fishing trip to Sitka, AK with my dad, sister, and brother-in-law, hopefully in late July. That's still coming together.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby BigJon@Work » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:22 pm

Serenity wrote:Can I just be interested in a Philly cheese steak sub and forget about all the history and stuff? :mrgreen:

I'll take you on a tour of all the best grilles.
"I am a 12 foot lizard." GCR Jan 31, 2006
BigJon@Work
2nd Chair

Return to Culture Connections