New Commercial Free Stream

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: New Commercial Free Stream

Postby Trumpetmaster » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:14 pm

Serenity wrote:DUDE! You are in another dimension and I totally envy you! :victory:

:rofl:

i wish....

i closed out of EVERYTHING... and reconnected... it now seems ok...

too bad nothing special was in my food or drink tonight..
have to stay up for a software deployment :curse: lots of coffee..... :mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Serenity » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:29 pm

You can't even chew cud? TM, you're hardcore! Keep up the good work! :rofl:
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:33 pm

Serenity wrote:You can't even chew cud? TM, you're hardcore! Keep up the good work! :rofl:

I needed that! thanks :mrgreen:

you've been away too long.. good to have you back...
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Serenity » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:26 am

GO TM! It's 1:30AM in Massachusetts and I'm fading quickly! Take the Olympkc torch from my hand! :jedi:
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:50 am

Serenity wrote:GO TM! It's 1:30AM in Massachusetts and I'm fading quickly! Take the Olympkc torch from my hand! :jedi:

just about finishing up our deployment..
thank god for coffee.............................................

:mrgreen:
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby CLarsen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:52 am

Hi everyone,
As an extra feature, the new stream is really two streams in one!! Double the bang for your buck! Just kidding. :wink: There was a glitch in the computer that inserts music over our commercials and that's why you heard two streams. We're working on it and hope to have it fixed shortly. Thanks!
Sincerely,
Chris Larsen
IT Manager
Beethoven Radio :scooter:
CLarsen
Conductor

Postby Serenity » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:09 pm

Trumpetmaster wrote:
Serenity wrote:GO TM! It's 1:30AM in Massachusetts and I'm fading quickly! Take the Olympkc torch from my hand! :jedi:

What the heck was I doing up at 1:30AM!? Uggh! Charlie Brown you're a blockhead!
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:55 am

Serenity wrote:
Trumpetmaster wrote:

What the heck was I doing up at 1:30AM!? Uggh! Charlie Brown you're a blockhead!

Deploying new software to our provisioning system to support our new voice mail platform.
the next 4 weeks we will be upgrading the 2 existing voice mail systems, adding 2 more systems
and performing a huge data migration.......

during this time period, I have to deploy new software to support the telephone switch vendor upgrades.... then have 16 switch deployments through sept 2008.....

just 2 of my projects....... all of these deployments are overnight between 1am and 6am....

If I'm going to get used to this schedule, I'll have to find a latin band to play with :mrgreen:
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Serenity » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:52 am

Salsa? :guitar:
By the way TM, how's the free stream compared to the commercial one?
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:06 pm

Serenity wrote:Salsa? :guitar:
By the way TM, how's the free stream compared to the commercial one?

Commercials never bothered me...

the sound is FANTASTIC.
I have these Bose headphones and what a difference!!!!

Salsa... guitar... we need some Daniel Salazar playing...

Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Serenity » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:55 pm

I was eyeing those headphones for Christmas but now that they have your approval, I'll have to pull out the Christmas list :deal:

And, they did play Salazar today around 1PM but it doesn't state who requested it. Maybe it was you.
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:51 am

Serenity wrote:I was eyeing those headphones for Christmas but now that they have your approval, I'll have to pull out the Christmas list :deal:

And, they did play Salazar today around 1PM but it doesn't state who requested it. Maybe it was you.

get those headphones!!! worth the $$$!!!

also I missed the Salazar.. was in a MEETING,,,,,,,, :curse:

next time.... :mrgreen:
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:06 am

I"ve noticed that, on several occasions, the 'commercial free stream' provides us with a 'sound free stream' during commercials. I click on the 'free stream' to makes sure that B.com is on the air, which is how I know that it advertising. Dead air makes me nervous (as I know it does those in the radio business).
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:19 am

Shapley wrote:I"ve noticed that, on several occasions, the 'commercial free stream' provides us with a 'sound free stream' during commercials. I click on the 'free stream' to makes sure that B.com is on the air, which is how I know that it advertising. Dead air makes me nervous (as I know it does those in the radio business).

Shapley,
I have experienced the same..
TM
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby CLarsen » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:24 am

Hi all,
Sorry for the trouble, we're still trying to figure out the bug on the insertion computer. But hopefully the peace and quiet is better than having commercials! Thank you for your patience!
Sincerely,
Chris Larsen
IT Manager
Beethoven Radio :scooter:
CLarsen
Conductor

Postby Shapley » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:28 am

The first thing I do is open the player to make sure that it is still in 'play' mode, and that that 'now playing' is showing, indicating that the stream is working. If both are positive, then I click on the 'free WMP stream' (I'm glad it loads quickly!), on all three occassions (so far) it has been advertising, so I figured we just lost the 'backup stream'.

I saw in an earlier post that Chris said they were having conflicts with the 'backup stream', so I assume it is down until the problem is resolved. Not a bid deal but, as I said, dead air makes me nervous.

So far, the commercial-free stream has been flawless, even when it is streaming dead air... :) [knock-on-wood icon]

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:47 am

I am so pleased to be listening to B.com "live" again! The new stream is great and I am sure that bugs will continue to be worked out making it even better. Commercials or not, I am just happy as can be to have something that makes it through the firewall (and the new stream does).

Thanks to all for making it happen!
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:52 am

Welcome back to the stream!
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby dmaxwell » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:49 am

Is there some way that the stream can be tested by a user before actually signing up? The reason that I am concerned is that I am one those "one off" type people using an alternative OS - Linux. For the record, I am specifically using Ubuntu. My normal stream is the Shoutcast relay using Amarok.

I subscribed to RealNetworks RadioPass so that I could listen to the high-quality stream until the recent split. I was able to authenticate and listen even in Linux in that environment but I have some reservations whether the new high quality stream will work for me.

Thanks folks!
dmaxwell
Section Player

Postby jamiebk » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:53 am

dmaxwell wrote:Is there some way that the stream can be tested by a user before actually signing up? The reason that I am concerned is that I am one those "one off" type people using an alternative OS - Linux. For the record, I am specifically using Ubuntu. My normal stream is the Shoutcast relay using Amarok.

I subscribed to RealNetworks RadioPass so that I could listen to the high-quality stream until the recent split. I was able to authenticate and listen even in Linux in that environment but I have some reservations whether the new high quality stream will work for me.

Thanks folks!

I don't know if Chris has a test environment available without just giving the link away. Perhaps you could sign up for one month (only 10 bucks). I am sure that if it did not work B.com would be happy to refund the $$.
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Helping Hand