Please come to Boston....

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Please come to Boston....

Postby Serenity » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:50 pm

Shapley wrote:
BigJon@Work wrote:I always assumed that Serenity was a female handle. But when you revealed what you did to your supervisor's mask, I knew you were a guy. :rofl:

That's right. Women never do that, though they're often near a dog that does... (my apologies to George Carlin).

Serenity is like that Saturday Night Live character that no one ever knew the gender of.

(Don't worry, Serentity, I know your gender, but I won't tell...)

Serentity? Is that a Freudian slip? :rofl:
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby barfle » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:21 pm

From Shapely? Nahh. He's just a boob.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:50 am

barfle wrote:From Shapely? Nahh. He's just a boob.

What's that? I'm sorry I haven't kept abreast of this conversation...
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:19 pm

Shapley wrote:
BigJon@Work wrote:I always assumed that Serenity was a female handle. But when you revealed what you did to your supervisor's mask, I knew you were a guy. :rofl:

That's right. Women never do that, though they're often near a dog that does... (my apologies to George Carlin).

Serenity is like that Saturday Night Live character that no one ever knew the gender of.

(Don't worry, Serentity, I know your gender, but I won't tell...)

That would be the androgynous..."Pat". One of the funniest continuing skits they ever produced.
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:10 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_%28Sat ... ht_Live%29

For those of you who wonder what the inside joke is about............
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:10 pm

Serenity wrote:I've tried to be neutral so as not to invite bias. Tell me what you think I am and how did you come to that conclusion (here or PM). [Inquiring minds want to know] :deal:

well, I've used a certain promoun with you in the past, and today I found out I was wrong. I'm still resolving the mental dissonance. but I'm good at resolving dissonances. it's my job.
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:17 pm

So we all met at the Mecca at Asylum Ave. today. it was great fun. especially recording a station ID. you'll be hearing our voices very soon.
and BTW, Altoid is the cutest!
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:18 pm

*ignaf is gracious with regards to the petty tyrant.

Today was spectacular. It was wonderful meeting everyone at the station, and to finally get to meet some people here we've admired for quite some time.

Photos to follow,once we get back from Boston.
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby piqaboo » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:18 am

I think we might have shared enough gossip to lure the recently elusive Shos back to active participation :fingers crossed: (tho, if I had the choice of spending time with Mrs Shos, or us guys, us guy'd lose hands down).
It was fun meeting everyone. 'Naf and OT declared truce, Serenity was.
Nicole is tres elegant, and all the station staff were very gracious. It was well worth the trip.
Fascinating stuff, radio stations.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby shostakovich » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:15 pm

The elusive Shos has been lured back. Serenity, Bignaf, OT, Piq, Altoid, Mrs Shos, and I had the opportunity to visit the station. We got a wonderful tour and some great surprises. The folks at B.com really rolled out the red rug for us. It was a wonderful day. Any BBB reader who comes to the area is advised to visit the station. For us it's the Hartford landmark not to be missed.
Shos

PS: I was shocked to find out that OT has been replaced by Trumpet Master as leading poster boy. If I can only find out a way to blame Bush for this, I'll post it on the appropriate board.
shostakovich
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:07 pm

Welcome back, Shos!
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby GreatCarouser » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:07 pm

Shapley wrote:Welcome back, Shos!

I can't think of a more apt comment than 'dittos'

:rofl:

glad you're back...now need to come up with a puzzle
and find Bones at the beach....
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Mark Twain
GreatCarouser
2nd Chair

Postby Serenity » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:13 am

Yesterday I met with people I had been hoping to meet for quite a while. Today I feel "connected"; content to have met so many warm and friendly people gathered in one place. Everyone at the station was so incredibly gracious! No one had "the attitude"! I wish I had more time with each and everyone of you!

Nicole, you are a gracious host; I can see why you are in charge of promotions. You are intelligent, engaging, empathic....if I could be knighted, I would swear my loyalty to YRH. Scott looks like he knows how to have a good time! Party-on, Scott! Chris Larsen.....so nice to have given us the "engineering tour" of the station. I think you should go watch Wall-E! .....Are you related to Gary Larsen? :crazy:

Bignaf.....just take those feelings and put them in writing! The dissonance will become music! And you will be one with the world again..............

OT and Piq...what can I say.........I feel a transcontinental connection with you. Altoid, she's a typical 4 year old and she will grow out of the Princess demands. Just give her plenty of hugs and kisses as you guide her toward the direction you feel she needs to go. And, let her be free to be herself! i thoroughly enjoyed watching her escape detection to go exploring the radio station while everyone pondered where she was.it's a bit unnerving for a parent but it's fun for spectators and child!

Piq..you are right on with Mr. and Mrs. Shos. I would like to meet them again and just talk for a long, long time about anything and everything. They seem to be a wealth of information; not just data but perspective on life!

By the way, i had WCCC 1290AM on from downtown Hartford to the CT/MA border. Five exits before the border, another station could be heard with the same signal, and as I crossed the state border WCCC faded in the background. If I did not have 3 kids to get home to, I would have gone to the Talcott Music Festival. Maybe i will bring them along next year.

And...i think we should go back and visit the station on a late Saturday night so that we can party with Don Shambers on Saturday night and then with Willie A. Waters Sunday morning!
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby navneeth » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:39 am

shostakovich wrote:PS: I was shocked to find out that OT has been replaced by Trumpet Master as leading poster boy.

Oh my. I think you've been away from the board long enough.

:lol: :wink:
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby barfle » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:40 pm

shostakovich wrote:The elusive Shos has been lured back. Serenity, Bignaf, OT, Piq, Altoid, Mrs Shos, and I had the opportunity to visit the station.

BRAVO!

Welcome back, Jack.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Previous

Return to Culture Connections