Music Archeology

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Music Archeology

Postby WeirdOne » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:10 am

Of all the forums in the world, this is the one that should appreciate the following:
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/06/30/aztec-death-music.html

Very interesting. Any thoughts or comments, especially about music as a tool for healing or destruction?
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson
WeirdOne
5th Chair

Re: Music Archeology

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:20 am

WeirdOne wrote:Of all the forums in the world, this is the one that should appreciate the following:

Very interesting. Any thoughts or comments, especially about music as a tool for healing or
destruction?

Welcome to the BBB WeirdOne!

That was an interesting link.
I listen to certain Classical Works to relax from a tough day....
OR escape to another place through a virtual image the music can paint....

Regards and Post Often.. :mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:18 am

Hello WeirdOne and welcome. Interesting article. Like TM I listen to classical music to relax or divert my attention. The whistles of death article was interesting. I believe that these many have been the inspiration for today's version of "Peter and the Wolf" :rofl:
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:48 pm

WeirdOne wrote:Of all the forums in the world, this is the one that should appreciate the following:

Very interesting. Any thoughts or comments, especially about music as a tool for healing or destruction?

Did you like the movie Apocalypto?
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby WeirdOne » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:16 am

Yes Serentity. I have seen the movie, and I enjoyed very much.
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson
WeirdOne
5th Chair

Return to Musical Notes