Knock, Knock...is anyone home?

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Knock, Knock...is anyone home?

Postby jamiebk » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:02 pm

Wow...this is the quietest I have even seen the BBB. Since I work form home on Fridays, I actually get to listen :headphones: and post to the BB...and now...no one is around. :poke: Hope you all are starting a nice long vacation weekend or something. :driver:
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Re: Knock, Knock...is anyone home?

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:37 pm

Well, I'm home and B.com is on, but I was working...
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:05 pm

How can you work at home? Do you have kids interrupting every 5 minutes? Do you find yourself getting up constantly for a variety of reasons? Fridays are typically slow on the board; sometimes there is a flurry of activity for a couple of hours. Did you try requesting anything?

I wonder what all the "bots" are up to? They never post anyway. Maybe I'll try to PM one of them and see what happens............but i fear I may be sucked down into a cyberspace black hole! Which is more likeable: Yahoobot, Googlebot or MSNbot?

How late do you work? 6PM? 12PM? Do you mix work and play? You probably have, in your browser: a work tab, a fun tab, a news tab and a search tab (minimum).

Do you wear headphones? Or does the non-classical-music-spouse tolerate your speakers one day a week?
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:58 pm

Lot of questions there Serenity...I will try to answer them for you (stunning picture of you by the way on the radio station tour)

Serenity wrote:How can you work at home? I work from home every Friday. A lot of my job is phone and computer and customer calls. I am an underwriter with an insurance company.Do you have kids interrupting every 5 minutes? Kids are gone...wife and I are Empty-nesters. Do you find yourself getting up constantly for a variety of reasons? Sometimes, but my work is flexible. Usually I work at the office from 6AM to 3PM. When I work from home I can adjust that. Usually I end up working much longer when I am at home. I guess it all works out in the end. Fridays are typically slow on the board; sometimes there is a flurry of activity for a couple of hours. Did you try requesting anything? I requested 2 things one from Scott and one from HRH. My request to HRH was late and just before she left for the music festival. I don't think Scott was in the studio for his show. I think it was pre-recorded because they were all at the music festival.

I wonder what all the "bots" are up to? Bots just monitor the board for activity. They never post anyway. Maybe I'll try to PM one of them and see what happens............but i fear I may be sucked down into a cyberspace black hole! Which is more likeable: Yahoobot, Googlebot or MSNbot? I like Google

How late do you work? 6PM? 12PM? See above Do you mix work and play? More on Fridays because my company usually blocks a lot of sites. I would not go to them anyway...big brother is always watching, and really, they do pay me to work there...not to surf the internet You probably have, in your browser: a work tab, a fun tab, a news tab and a search tab (minimum). I am not quite that organized, but I usually have 3-4 work functions open (I can log on to my work desktop from home through "Citrix") as well as 3-4 personal items such as B.com MSN home page, Google and the like.

Do you wear headphones? No at home I have good side speakers. At the office I have a private office so I have side speakers there too but they are total crap. Or does the non-classical-music-spouse tolerate your speakers one day a week? Non-classical-music-tolerating wife usually plans to run her errands when I work from home. Our office is set up so that two of us can work (computer stations are in each corner. Usually my music is low, but she still prefers not to work on the computer that day. She despises the opera segment...that's usually when she leaves
:rofl:
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:47 pm

So nice of you to answer all my questions! One more: does your wife scuba dive with you?
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:02 pm

Serenity wrote:So nice of you to answer all my questions! One more: does your wife scuba dive with you?

She does not like the water so no scuba for her. Her interests are in raising song canaries (waterslagers). She also does flower design (weddings, parties and such). She's on our park and rec council for our city and she also participates in managing the wine tasting attraction at our country fair every year. She stays very busy. Fortunalty she indulges me my interests as well which are scuba (of course), cycling, backpacking, skiing and I also do some wine-making and ranching with one of my buddies.
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:52 am

Always like getting a picture of what other people's lives are like! Thanks for all the questions Serenity and thanks, Jamie, for answering them!

I don't generally post on Fridays because I'm not working - home with the kids. as only one of them naps, I rarely get computer time (husband is usually working at home - switching between his computer and mine - which is the one hooked up to the internet.) sometimes I show the kids pictures that relatives send, and can thus squeeze in a quick check of my email, but not always. Although, starting in September, Pumpkin will be off to Kindergarten and I can probably get some computer time while Bella naps - woo hoo! Husband will be teaching Fridays, so it'll just be Bella and me. I'm really looking forward to that! To make things fair, I will probably take a couple of days off when Pumpkin has a day off (like on Superintendent's workshop days or random holidays like Veteran's Day) that I would normally work, send Bella to daycare and have a Pumpkin-Mommy day. Did that once in the spring and he really enjoyed it.
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Serenity[bot] » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:44 pm

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:
Spades - King David,
Hearts - Charlemagne,
Clubs -Alexander, the Great
Diamonds - Julius Caesar
Serenity[bot]
5th Chair