U.S. Shari'a watch

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: U.S. Shari'a watch

Postby Haggis@wk » Fri May 16, 2008 4:28 pm

The slide continues

A student teacher that uses a service dog for his epilepsy has had to leave his position early after a Muslim student harassed the animal, and worse. Tyler Hurd needs the dog for his protection and for emergency supplies for first-aid responders, but apparently Technical High School in St Cloud believes that Hurd’s needs are secondary to providing a dog-free zone for its Muslim students. Hurd says he feels threatened by the action; as well he should — because the student threatened to kill the dog.

It looks like Minnesota is determined to beat Michigan to be the first state to enact Shari'a
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby piqaboo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:12 pm

Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:06 am

Maryland Textbooks on Islamic Teachings Dumbed Down

A new report issued by the American Textbook Council says books approved for use in local school districts for teaching middle and high school students about Islam caved in to political correctness and dumbed down the topic at a critical moment in its history.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:19 pm

Panel: Saudi-Run Va. School Promotes Hate

The most problematic texts involve passages that are not directly from the Koran but rather contain the Saudi government's particular interpretation of Koranic and other Islamic texts," the report says.

Some examples cited include a 12th-grade textbook in Koranic interpretation that says it is "permissible to kill an apostate, an adulterer or someone who has murdered a believer intentionally."

Such beliefs are hallmarks of the Salafi strain of Sunni Islam, which is Saudi Arabia's state religion. The religious interpretation that says it is permissible to steal from or kill apostates is part of the philosophy of Takfir, which distinguishes between true believers and non-believers and permits the believer to violate domestic laws in order to defend the faith.

The textbooks in the 900-student, K-12 academy also contain bigotry against other religious faiths, the commission says. A textbook on administrative and social sciences, for example, says: "The cause of the discord: The Jews conspired against Islam and its people. A sly, wicked person who sinfully and deceitfully professed Islam infiltrated" the Muslims. The same textbook urges Sunni Muslims to shun Shiite Muslims.

[Shakes-head-in-disbelief icon]

What really gets me is that our own State Department is shielding the school; idiots
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:37 pm

Continuing from the previous post.

State Department Stonewalls on VA Islamic High School

Saudi Arabia said it had expunged all intolerant language from its textbooks. But a recent review of Saudi texts for the current academic year by the group Freedom House revealed, despite Saudi statements to the contrary, an ideology of hatred toward Christians, Jews and Muslims who do not follow the Wahhabi version of Islam.
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:16 pm

Are Muslim Defendants Getting Special Treatment in Court?

CAIR’s intervention in the Abbasi case is a manifestation of a larger campaign against law enforcement to use political alliances and legal threats to intimidate police in cases involving Muslim defendants and to establish separate and preferable treatment for Muslims in the American legal system.
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby GreatCarouser » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:09 pm

This link is roughly 40 minutes long. It managed to hold my attention. In some ways the Q&A session at the end is the most thought provoking. Why aren't more moderate American Moslems involved protesting the actions of these radicals?

As an aside, Politics certainly does make for strange bedfellows. I never dreamed I'd post anything from Heritage.org other than as a source of humor...
http://multimedia.heritage.org/content/wm/Lehrman-092706a.wvx
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Mark Twain
GreatCarouser
2nd Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:08 pm

Does anyone in the State department own a copy of the Constitution?

I’m guessing you won’t hear from the ACLU on this.

YOUR GOVERNMENT AT WORK

State Dept. promotes 'Mosques in America'

Publishes '09 calendar featuring worship sites for only 1 religion

This now available from the U.S. State Department: "2009 Mosques of America Wall Calendar: Limited Edition for Ramadan."

"Yep, you read that correctly. It's 'perfect for Muslim outreach efforts," according to a commentary at the Gates of Vienna blog. "Where's the ACLU on this one?"

The product was being advertised by "Global Publishing Solutions," a division of the U.S. State Department, until bloggers started talking about it.

Officials then apparently hid the page behind the security of a password-protected wall. However, the page is still viewable in a Google cache of the website.

According to the Gates of Vienna, the government advertised:

In celebration of Ramadan, Global Publishing Solutions (GPS) is offering a limited edition of the 2009 Mosques in America Wall Calendar. This 12-month calendar is perfect for Muslim outreach efforts, as well as office and event giveaways.

The wall calendar features a vibrant photograph or photomontage for each month, displaying the beauty of mosques in America.

The upper half of the hanging calendar depicts mosque facades or interiors, and the lower half displays a monthly calendar grid. The 28-page calendar is saddle-stitched and measures 23 x 30 1/2 cm (9 x 12 inches)

This item is on sale until August 1st, 2008 in shrink-wrapped packs of 20 pieces.
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby piqaboo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:15 pm

I'm told this ~15 min long video has been pulled from YouTube etc, due to muslim pressure.
Not something I'll be able to watch at work.
I'm also told its not expected to stay available on google for long. since I havent watched it yet, cant vouch for that
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3369102968312745410
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby dai bread » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:24 pm

Well, it's still on Google & I've just watched it.

There's nothing new in it except direct clips of extremist demagogues ranting, and it can be said to do the same thing itself. The question then is, when does a warning become a rant?

I found the rants disturbing, largely because they were apparently screened uncut on national TV. There is always someone who will espouse anything, but when commercial or State interests lend a hand, we need to be concerned.

There's so much in the video that is about obtaining personal power over others, even if it's only your mother or sister, who can't fight back. (These extremists need to meet some Polynesian women! Or some Pakeha ones that I can think of.) In fact, the whole Islamist ideology seems to be based firmly on personal power and glory for those who want to be Caliph or part of the Caliphate.

Western civilisation has been down this road before, many times in its history, and so long as liberal intellectuals and the sensation-seeking news media are kept in check, we'll face down this lot too.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:27 am

Tyson Plant Drops Labour day In Favour Of Muslim Holiday.

approximately 250 of the plant's 1200 workers are Muslim.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:58 am

Shapley wrote:Tyson Plant Drops Labour day In Favour Of Muslim Holiday.

What ever happened to the flex holidays? I thought that this is what personal vaction time was for. I certainly don't get Easter/Good Friday off!
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:17 am

Shapley wrote:Tyson Plant Drops Labour day In Favour Of Muslim Holiday.

Based on the contract, the other paid holidays include: The Team Member's birthday

When was the last time you saw a company give you the day off with pay for your birthday?

Regardless, these creeping measure towards Shari'a continued unabated.
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby barfle » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:24 am

Haggis@wk wrote:When was the last time you saw a company give you the day off with pay for your birthday?

The last place I worked had a "personal holiday" that could be taken as a birthday or religious holiday, but NOT as regular vacation time (or even a relative's birthday). I never quite figured that one out.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:03 am

Several businesses in our area allowed paid personal vacations on the employees' birthdays. Perhaps it's a Midwest/Midsouth thing...
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby piqaboo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:25 pm

I wonder what will happen when they try to get the cafeteria to close, and the vending machines locked, during Ramadan?
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:49 pm

piqaboo wrote:I wonder what will happen when they try to get the cafeteria to close, and the vending machines locked, during Ramadan?

I suspect that is the next steps. They have already forced schools in Minn to limit the menus to halal food only, getting rid of even jello in one school district because it might have been made from animals. The ensuing uproar from non-Muslims brought jello back. The schools have already self-imposed bans on Jewish and Christian occasions and eliminated Halloween observances to cater to the Muslims who are offended. All of this, mind you, in publicly financed schools.
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:54 pm

Haggis@wk wrote: The schools have already self-imposed bans on Jewish and Christian occasions and eliminated Halloween observances to cater to the Muslims who are offended. All of this, mind you, in publicly financed schools.

The Public Schools around here have banned Halloween in response to Christian opposition. Interestingly, most of the Christian schools have Halloween parties....
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Serenity » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:46 pm

:kickcan:
Last edited by Serenity on Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:24 pm

Serenity wrote:
Shapley wrote:
Haggis@wk wrote: The schools have already self-imposed bans on Jewish and Christian occasions and eliminated Halloween observances to cater to the Muslims who are offended. All of this, mind you, in publicly financed schools.

The Public Schools around here have banned Halloween in response to Christian opposition. Interestingly, most of the Christian schools have Halloween parties....

You're a little too paranoid about the middle east cultures invading our culture and customs. How come the muslims haven't invaded Texas yet? What's your secret? Maybe you can enlighten other states as to muslim-control!

Serenity, I share Haggis' concern over some of this. While most of us are tolerant to other's religions/POV's to the point of OVER-political correctness, there does not seem to be much tolerance or middle ground with the Muslin faith. As long as everyone is being treated the same, I am OK with that. However, if they are willing to give Musilms religious holidays off and NOT give Christians the same consideration for our holidays, then I get concerned. When was the last time you had Good Friday off? How about Yom Kipppur? For one group to demand rights/privileges that no one else has and impose their holiday, customs, laws, or rites on others is wrong. Unfortunately, as I said, there seems to be little tolerance, and more an aire of conquest when it comes to advancing their religious beliefs. Unfortunately, we in our politically correct manner seem to play right into this because of our tolerance. If we are in-tolerant, they will cry foul, only to have the pendulum swing the other way.
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

PreviousNext

Return to The Debate Team