BEETHOVEN RADIO - Are You Still There???

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: BEETHOVEN RADIO - Are You Still There???

Postby Shapley » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:54 am

I clicked on my bookmark this morning and the commercial-free stream started as normal, no problems!
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Chad » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:33 am

Hi Guys,

There will be no changes to the member's club and the 128k stream. If you access the FREE stream via the Beethoven.com website (headphones or FREE stream link), the new stream will load as soon as we complete the change. If you access the FREE stream through a bookmark, you will want to change it. We will post the new FREE stream link once it is available for use, here and in the Help section. Thanks for listening!

Chad
:guitar:
Beethoven Radio
Marlin Broadcasting, LLC
Engineer
Chad
Site Admin

Postby Trumpetmaster » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:41 am

Shapley wrote:I clicked on my bookmark this morning and the commercial-free stream started as normal, no problems!

Ditto.... No problems at all this morning.......

:D
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:01 pm

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the heck just happened to the classical stream??? I am hearing HS football. THis just clicked on at 3:00 (6:00PM back east). Is this supposed to happen???
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:41 am

For several years we have broadcast the West Hartford High School Sports games on just our AM signal. Demand has grown to put the games on the dot com so we are trying it this year. They games are actually really exciting to listen to! They run for about two hours so if you really don't like them they are over pretty fast but so far the majority of folks don't mind them.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby jamiebk » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:53 am

Nicole Marie wrote:For several years we have broadcast the West Hartford High School Sports games on just our AM signal. Demand has grown to put the games on the dot com so we are trying it this year. They games are actually really exciting to listen to! They run for about two hours so if you really don't like them they are over pretty fast but so far the majority of folks don't mind them.

Nicole, I may speak for just myself here, but personally I do not enjoy listening to local HS football when I am subscribing to a high def. classical audio steam. I know nothing about the kids, the teams or the rivalries and have a hard time taking any interest in such local events. While your AM station is different and caters to local audiences, you have a world wide audience that tags in on your internet stream for classical music. These games start at 3:00PM (PDT)..right in the middle of the work day on Friday for me...a time when I am most interested in listening to B.com. Unfortunately, my company blocks streaming and my only day to work from home is Friday. I PM'd a few other listeners who were of similar mind. Do you have a way to monitor what sort of increase in listenership you gain as a result of streaming the games?
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:08 am

jamiebk wrote:Nicole, I may speak for just myself here, but personally I do not enjoy listening to local HS football when I am subscribing to a high def. classical audio steam. I know nothing about the kids, the teams or the rivalries and have a hard time taking any interest in such local events. While your AM station is different and caters to local audiences, you have a world wide audience that tags in on your internet stream for classical music. These games start at 3:00PM (PDT)..right in the middle of the work day on Friday for me...a time when I am most interested in listening to B.com. Unfortunately, my company blocks streaming and my only day to work from home is Friday. I PM'd a few other listeners who were of similar mind. Do you have a way to monitor what sort of increase in listenership you gain as a result of streaming the games?

Now, Jamie. You're missing the big picture. If this is successful, they can take the West Hartford High School on the road, playing local teams in Sacramento, CA, Cape Girardeau, MO, Dallas, TX, and even in Cambodia and India. We'll get to hear our local teams take on the mighty, err... whatever the West Hartford team is called., in high-definition audio, wherever we roam. :)

Just Kidding, Nicole. If it pays the bills, I'm all for it.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:51 am

I have no objection to having it on the AM radio or free stream. I do object to having the games on the 128K subscription stream.
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:25 am

Chad just PM'd and said that the games will continue to be on the AM broadcast and the free stream, but that the 128K subscription stream would continue to play classical music. Thanks guys.

(PS...I guess I failed to mention that I was listening to the subscription stream - 128K- when the game came on so I guess there was a glitch last Friday).

Thanks for checking and thanks for the response. :grouphug:
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:34 pm

I see now... Sorry about that. Subscribers are not supposed to hear the games. The command to keep the game off the subscription stream did not work so IT is resetting it and we should be good to go for the next game this weekend.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:47 pm

What happened?????

We went from J.C. Bach's Bassoon Concerto (an excellent selection, BTW) to rock & roll to Flight of the Bumblebee (performer unknown), and now back to J.C. Bach....
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Serenity » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:14 pm

Can you play music and have the local score on the corner of the website? Then, the minute we think the game is close, we can click on the score and go to the game?
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:39 am

Serenity wrote:Can you play music and have the local score on the corner of the website? Then, the minute we think the game is close, we can click on the score and go to the game?

Serenity...it's not an issue if you subscribe to the 128K stream. The game is only on the free stream (and AM radio). Otherwise, the games start at 6PM EDT.
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:22 pm

It's about 11:15-11:20PDT on Friday. Did anyone elses' player go dead or is it just me? I can't get a stream on either the free or 128K options.
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:32 pm

Just rebooted and got it back. Must be me.
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:00 pm

Is the Beethoven Media Steam (members stream) dead? I switched to the free stream because I have been getting dead air on the other for the past several minutes, and I don't want to miss Beethoven's 7th.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:34 pm

Shapley wrote:Is the Beethoven Media Steam (members stream) dead? I switched to the free stream because I have been getting dead air on the other for the past several minutes, and I don't want to miss Beethoven's 7th.

Me too....it came back just in time!
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:39 pm

Looks like mine's back, too. I had to wait til Beethoven was over to try it.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:13 am

Shapley wrote:Looks like mine's back, too. I had to wait til Beethoven was over to try it.

What time did this occur?
I did not have a problem yesterday....

TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:03 am

Trumpetmaster wrote:What time did this occur?
I did not have a problem yesterday....

TM

Looking at the time of my post, it went out sometime before 3:00 P.M.
I listened to Beethoven's 7th on the free stream, and then switched back to the members' stream around 3:30 P.M.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

PreviousNext

Return to Helping Hand