Trying to find a certain tune

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Trying to find a certain tune

Postby Corona » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:10 pm

More precisely, the composer and title of a classical piano piece. I heard it long ago and for some reason Beethoven came to mind back then. But I'm not even sure if that's right. It might be Chopin. It's a slow major chord work in 3/4 time. The many times I hear the piece on the radio it's almost always accompanied by Chopin Waltz op. 64 #2. And it's not #1 (I found some bits on YouTube and listened). And I know it's not a Beethoven sonata because I used to have them all. Thanks for your time.
Corona
Section Player

Re: Trying to find a certain tune

Postby Shapley » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:17 pm

I can't help you on this one, but welcome to the B.com BB!
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Re: Trying to find a certain tune

Postby jamiebk » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Corona wrote:More precisely, the composer and title of a classical piano piece. I heard it long ago and for some reason Beethoven came to mind back then. But I'm not even sure if that's right. It might be Chopin. It's a slow major chord work in 3/4 time. The many times I hear the piece on the radio it's almost always accompanied by Chopin Waltz op. 64 #2. And it's not #1 (I found some bits on YouTube and listened). And I know it's not a Beethoven sonata because I used to have them all. Thanks for your time.

Welcome Corona...

If you hear it again, on an internet stream, don't forget to check the music log for the station...there is a very good chance that you can identify it that way. Keep listening...you just might hear it!
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Return to Musical Notes