Vintage Grundig Parts, Anyone?

Let's talk radio! What's happening in your city? Who's got the hot new formats and how do you get YOUR classical music? Program directors will read this and your voice will be heard. Get Radio-Active here.

Moderators: Nicole Marie, ScottB

Vintage Grundig Parts, Anyone?

Postby OperaTenor » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:17 am

I have a Grundig SO 101a, that I'm currently attempting to spruce up in order to sell(trying to make space in the garage). The rubber "tire" on the turntable drive wheel has cracked, broken and fallen off. It has a unique cross section, so not just any o-ring would work as a replacement. I could also use a replacement AM antenna(broken, broken windings). Those are the only two items keeping this from being a fully functional stereo.

Anyone (Barfle) know (Barfle) where (Barfle) I (Barfle) might (Barfle) find (Barfle) parts (Barfle) for (Barfle) this? I (Barfle) think (Barfle) we (Barfle) have (Barfle) one (Barfle) or (Barfle) two (Barfle) folks (Barfle) here (Barfle) on (Barfle) the (Barfle) BBB (Barfle) who (Barfle) are (Barfle) knowledgeable (Barfle) about (Barfle) these (Barfle) kinds (Barfle) of (Barfle) things.

There is one person I hope to hear from about this, but if anyone else has any information, I'd appreciate it.

<small>[ 10-06-2005, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: OperaTenor ]</small>
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Re: Vintage Grundig Parts, Anyone?

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:59 am

Um, I dunno about those obsolete parts. Have you thought of asking Barfle?
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby treebeau » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:20 pm

The name Barfle comes to mind...maybe subliminally.

Maybe: http://www.elexatelier.com/atelier1.htm

Maybe a little more than a year ago I ordered a turntable belt from somewhere. Not that link above. I might be able to find the receipt.

Regards,
Tim B.
treebeau
2nd Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:50 pm

Hi Tim,

It looks like that site deals only with belts for turntables, and they don't list Grundig, but thanks, anyway.

This turntable is the older style, with a stepped spindle on the motor, an idler wheel(now I know what it's called) that can be shifted to the different positions on the spindle for the different speeds(16, 33 1/3, 45, 78), which rolls against the inside of the platter.

Yes, I considerd asking Barfle about it. You think I ought to?
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby analog » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:02 pm

Cogito ergo doleo.
analog
2nd Chair

Postby barfle » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:25 am

sorry about the delay - another trip out of town, this time to Seattle.

Having checked with Barfle, he's one clueless doofus. :eek:

However, barfle might suggest eBay. Also, there is a repair facility in Hawaiian Gardens, 1-800-824-7094.

I'm not sure about the hockey puck drive for the turntable, but the AM antannas were pretty generic, if it's one of those ferrite rod thingys that you can fold about 2" away from the back of the radio.

If you ever get up to Orange County, in the City of Orange there are myriad antique stores, and some of them sell antique radios. I'm afraid I can't remember any more details than that, but the restorers are pretty good at finding parts you and I would consider impossible.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby piqaboo » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:37 am

Speaking of Orange County (and radio parts), mr barfle, sir....
Whats the name of that rib place, again?

There's a parental birthday coming up and I think it would be a good place to take my dad, his sister, her daughter, her grandaughter, his daughters and sonsinlaw and his granddaughter and grandson...... sheeee -it. Im gonna have to take out a second mortgage!
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby barfle » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:02 pm

--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

www.2joygame.com

Postby fghi571 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:41 pm

www.2joygame.com is a game currency and CD key based trade platform. The main products we have are World of War craft gold,World of War craft CDK,Lord of the Rings gold,Age of Conan gold,War hammer Online Gold,Ever Quest II ISK,Dofus Kamas,Metin2 Yang,Final Fantasy XI Gil,Silk Road goldand so on!

www.2joygame.com game trade platform is instant, security, and cheap! Welcome our game player friends and enjoy yourselves here!
All is possible!
fghi571
Section Player

Postby Shapley » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:30 pm

Could this sudden upsurge in spam be the result of the April 1st worm that has been reported so heavily in the news? Click on a link and die....

Perhaps we need an April 1st block on new members.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Return to Radio-Active