Chrome OS

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Chrome OS

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:03 pm

CNET has an article about Chrome OS being better than Linux--to the best of my knowledge Chrome OS uses the Linux kernel. I think maybe they mean Ubuntu or some other system. In my experience the drawback of Ubuntu is lack of support. If something goes wrong, sure, you can get answers from others online, but you need to be a software professional to understand them.

If Chrome can get around this, they will look scary to Microsoft.

Incidentally, my Chrome Browser crashed this morning for first time.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Re: Chrome OS

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:34 am

Giant Communist Robot wrote:CNET has an article about Chrome OS being better than Linux--to the best of my knowledge Chrome OS uses the Linux kernel. I think maybe they mean Ubuntu or some other system. In my experience the drawback of Ubuntu is lack of support. If something goes wrong, sure, you can get answers from others online, but you need to be a software professional to understand them.

If Chrome can get around this, they will look scary to Microsoft.

Incidentally, my Chrome Browser crashed this morning for first time.

GCR,
I have been using the Chrome Browser for a while now (about a month) and this has not happened.
How long have you used the Browser?

TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Re: Chrome OS

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:38 pm

My kids got R4's for their Nintendo DS's last Christmas. After some problems downloading with IE I switched to Chrome, which did an excellent job. I suspect my computer has been experiencing some unusual issues.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Return to Culture Connections