Close Encounters.

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Close Encounters.

Postby dai bread » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:31 am

Well, after all this time of reading and responding to posts from O.T. & Piq, I can finally put faces to their names.

We had a bit of fun making the connection. I haven't been in Cambridge for long and my directions weren't the best. I referred to a warehouse which wasn't quite where I thought it was, and gave them a left turn instead of right. However, they're resourceful people and it all got sorted out.

We had much chat, and a walking tour of Cambridge (it's a small town), then went into Hamilton for a very late lunch at the restaurant where my daughter works. More chat, to daughter as well, then back for ice-cream. I was hoping to get O.T.'s comments, since he's such a fan of gelato. The place was shut, though. Well, it's mid-winter, so I wasn't surprised. It seems winter in San Diego is about as cold as it was here today, which was a bit of a surprise as I'd thought it would be warmer.

By the time we got back to Cambridge, it was getting late and they wanted to get to Rotorua in time to find accommodation, so they set off sort of straight away, after more chat.

All in all, a very nice visit. O.T., Piq & Altoid are excellent ambassadors for the U.S. and I'm glad to have met them. I'm just sorry that there wasn't time to get my grandson around to play with Altoid. He's 7, and I think they would have got on very well. Both are lively children.

Drive safely!
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Re: Close Encounters.

Postby Shapley » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:23 am

Glad to hear they made it safely, and that you had a grand visit.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Nicole Marie » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:47 am

So cool! It's great that you were all able to meet and connect. Wonders of the internet!
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby barfle » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:09 pm

The Tenors are a gregarious lot. I've had the chance to meet them as well, and I'm priveleged to include them as my friends.

Now, who's coming to DC?
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:20 pm

barfle wrote:The Tenors are a gregarious lot. I've had the chance to meet them as well, and I'm priveleged to include them as my friends.

Now, who's coming to DC?

Barfle,
We were planning a trip to DC a few months ago when we were side tracked
with renovating our Kitchen, Dining Room, and Small Bathroom.
My wife is starting a new job next monday. We both want to go to DC but
have to wait and see how her schedule works out.

TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby barfle » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:30 am

Let me know, and we'll see if we can arrange a get-together.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Return to Culture Connections