We Choose the Moon

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

We Choose the Moon

Postby Nicole Marie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:02 am

Since today is the 40th Anniversary of the Moon Landing, I wanted to tell you about this site:

www.wechoosethemoon.org

It is doing play by play action of the moon landing today. Reliving it each second as if it was 40 years ago.... Very cool!
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Re: We Choose the Moon

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:11 am

Nicole Marie wrote:Since today is the 40th Anniversary of the Moon Landing, I wanted to tell you about this site:

http://www.wechoosethemoon.org

It is doing play by play action of the moon landing today. Reliving it each second as if it was 40 years ago.... Very cool!

Just downloaded this to my desktop :-)

Thanks Y.R.H.!!
:mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby barfle » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:33 am

I have the DVDs from Spacecraft Films.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:42 am

I wasn't around yet 40 yrs ago...but found it strange when an anchor on the weather channel said he remembered his parents talking about it....I still haven't gotten used to people like TV anchors (and getting to be most baseball players) are either around my age or younger. I can't be getting older, can I? Always find both amusing and somewhat depressing when you get those lists every fall of what happened during college freshmen's lives, what they don't remember (life before cell phones, etc)...then I think about my kids. Obama's election is the first 'outside world' event that Pumpkin will have memories of - Bella won't remember a time before his presidency and happily will grow up knowing a woman has run for president.
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 am

And if they don't see people back on the moon and on Mars in their lifetime (really - better be in mine!), I'll be surprised.
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby barfle » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:55 pm

I'm afraid I remember Sputnik, although I was probably 12 when it went up. Mercury happened when I was in high school, and Apollo 11 landed when I was in the Army in Germany.

Sometimes I get so used to modern stuff (like message boards) that I find it hard to believe how easy it was to do without. Or was it?
:rofl:
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:53 am

Schmeelkie wrote: what they don't remember (life before cell phones, etc)...

I do!
Things were slower paced and much simpler.
How can we get back to Mayberry

:mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Schmeelkie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:18 pm

I'm one of those crazy people who only turns my cell on when I'm leaving the house and promptly turns it back off when I get home. If it rings while I'm driving, I may peek to see who's calling, and then only pick up after I've pulled over. I have a bluetooth headset, but only use it when I need to be on a conference call for work and I can't get to the office in time (so I can listen and drive/walk in). My husband and I never get near our shared limit of 300 min a month and I've texted about 4-5 times ever. I suppose this will all change when the kids are teens... When I'm at work, my husband will call my office number before he tries the cell and I do the same. And I don't do silly things like talk on my cell in a public bathroom. eeeww!
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Return to Nicole Marie