Help Save Beethoven Radio!

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Help Save Beethoven Radio!

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:44 am

URGENT REQUEST!

I just found out that due to the economy our afternoon host Scott was let go. :curse: :( :curse:
He will still be part of the Beethoven Radio but on a part time basis.
I pray once the economy comes around Scott will be back again on the air full time!

We listeners can support Beethoven radio by spreading the word to others to join
the Members Club, shopping at the Chopin Mall the Half Off Store, and ordering CD's off the Music Log!

I urge those of you who work in large companies to seek out the marketing/product teams to see if
they will be willing to advertise on Beethoven Radio.

It will be a sad day if Beethoven Radio has to shut down due to this poor economy.

We CAN ALL HELP AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE to help save the radio station we LOVE SO MUCH!!!!

Let's get to it!!!!!!

TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Re: Help Save Beethoven Radio!

Postby Shapley » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:00 am

I hate to hear that. We're all hoping and praying for a quick turnaround on the current economic climate. We continue to see some signs of hope, but we're simply not out of the woods yet.

I'll have to look at what methods are available for me to spread the word about Beethoven radio. Unfortunately, not many of my friends are classical music fans and I beleive most of those who are know about B.com, even if they don't subscribe.

How can we reach a broader audience? Maybe we could do a 'literature drop' at classical music concerts and events? Does B.com buy ads in symphony playlists? Would they allow us to do so for them with our local symphony orchestras?
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby piqaboo » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:17 am

Buy an ad for your business?
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:22 am

Gotta think 21st century gang! I've mentioned b.com on my FB account a couple of times. If b.com got a FB account we could 'friend' or 'fan' them - it's amazing how that can spread the word. If my folks ever got cable internet, I'm sure they'd be on in a heartbeat...

Maybe see if your local orchestra can send recording(s) and maybe do a link to b.com on their website?
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:32 am

piqaboo wrote:Buy an ad for your business?

I've considered it, but we don't do radio, television, or newspaper ads, because it's too small of an audience for our target customers. We're pretty much limited to trade magazines. Might be able to buy a sponsorship of some type, we do that locally for charities and non-profits..
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:50 am

Trumpetmaster wrote:URGENT REQUEST!

I just found out that due to the economy our afternoon host Scott was let go. :curse: :( :curse:
He will still be part of the Beethoven Radio but on a part time basis.
I pray once the economy comes around Scott will be back again on the air full time!

We listeners can support Beethoven radio by spreading the word to others to join
the Members Club, shopping at the Chopin Mall the Half Off Store, and ordering CD's off the Music Log!

I urge those of you who work in large companies to seek out the marketing/product teams to see if
they will be willing to advertise on Beethoven Radio.

It will be a sad day if Beethoven Radio has to shut down due to this poor economy.

We CAN ALL HELP AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE to help save the radio station we LOVE SO MUCH!!!!

Let's get to it!!!!!!

TM

Really makes me sad to hear this. I liked Scott a lot. His style was very easy going and conversational. I hope B.com doesn't turn into just another robo-station. There's not much point to listening without the live interaction and outreach
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:20 am

Schmeelkie wrote:Gotta think 21st century gang! I've mentioned b.com on my FB account a couple of times. If b.com got a FB account we could 'friend' or 'fan' them - it's amazing how that can spread the word. If my folks ever got cable internet, I'm sure they'd be on in a heartbeat...

Maybe see if your local orchestra can send recording(s) and maybe do a link to b.com on their website?

I don't believe it costs anything to set up a Facebook account, but you do have to be an 'official representative' of the company to create a page. Perhaps Nicole Marie or Chris could do so easily enough. I don't know how much maintenance is required, little to none I suppose, just monitor it for hackers.

I see that Ludwig nan Beethoven has 77,800+ fans on his page. Surely we could get a few of them to sign on as members of the radio station that bears his name.

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Nicole Marie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:51 pm

Thanks for all the kind words. Radio is no different then any other idustry and this economy has taken a toll on us all.

The best way to support the station is to become a member. The Members Club is direct money in for us and helps our accounts. If you do not want to join the Members club then the second best way is when you make a purchase do it at Beethoven.com. You can link to Amazon through our site and they track where you come from, we get a % of that purchase. So if it's a CD, clothing or book if you link to Amazon from our Chopin Mall then that helps us. And if you download from iTunes, do it from our Music Log. We get credit for that too. I download from iTunes all the time (rock, jazz etc) but I connect through the Music Log so we get the credit = cash.

Really it comes down to converting free listeners into members and making a purchases at the Chopin Mall. If you are in the CT area check out the items on the Half Off store. (And for those not in CT we have the Lutz Museum passes at the Half Off store - they have museums across the US so you can use it anywhere.) Those are all direct ways to support.

Outside of that we are a commercial station so we do not do fund drives. (I have had a few offers for donations - thanks! But we can not take them.) It really comes down to direct advertising dollars coming in. The West Hartford Sports helps big time. I know listeners outside of CT really don't like the sports but it is one of the biggest money makers for us so it's here to stay. And if you don't want to hear the game the Members Club is sports free!

Scott will be a part time fill in for us and will be our board op for the sports games so you will still see him on the webcam and filling in on vacations. Once the economy is better then we will bring him back. Cross your fingers that if comes soon! And again thanks for all the emails and support that has come our way. You guys are really the best! :grouphug:
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:58 pm

The sad part is If it takes a long time before Beethoven Radio can bring Scott back there is a possibility that he could have another job. :(
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Return to Culture Connections