Scott Filling In

In charge of the mid-afternoon slot, chat with Scott!
-- On the Air from 1PM - 6PM

Moderator: ScottB

Scott Filling In

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:11 pm

Hey All-

Scott will be filling in for me on air from Sept 30 to Oct 2. Just wanted you all to know so you can be tuned in and send him some emails.

I will be in Florida. My other half has a drill weekend at his Air Force Base and they are doing a big family weekend air show so I'm tagging along. Plus I like hanging out with all his military buddies. Those guys are fun to go to the bar with! :toast:
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Re: Scott Filling In

Postby Trumpetmaster » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:04 pm

Nicole Marie wrote:Hey All-

Scott will be filling in for me on air from Sept 30 to Oct 2. Just wanted you all to know so you can be tuned in and send him some emails.

I will be in Florida. My other half has a drill weekend at his Air Force Base and they are doing a big family weekend air show so I'm tagging along. Plus I like hanging out with all his military buddies. Those guys are fun to go to the bar with! :toast:

It will be nice to have Scott back on the air!

Enjoy your trip to Florida Y.R.H.!

TM :mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:20 pm

Nicole Marie wrote:I will be in Florida. My other half has a drill weekend at his Air Force Base and they are doing a big family weekend air show so I'm tagging along. Plus I like hanging out with all his military buddies. Those guys are fun to go to the bar with! :toast:

You're hanging out with military guys? (Well, okay, Air Force guys, they're almost military.) We may make a right-winger out of you, yet! ;)

Have a nice trip!
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:10 pm

Nicole Marie wrote:Plus I like hanging out with all his military buddies. Those guys are fun to go to the bar with! :toast:

I am just picturing you in the bar with "Goose" and "Maverick" singing "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" to you. :lol:
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:46 pm

jamiebk wrote:I am just picturing you in the bar with "Goose" and "Maverick" singing "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" to you. :lol:

"Goose" and "Maverick" were Navy pilots. ;)

I don't think they've made an Air Force movie since Korea... :D

They did make a movie called Air Force. It was about Army pilots... :rofl:
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:28 pm

jamiebk wrote:...picturing you in the bar with "Goose" and "Maverick" singing "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" to you. :lol:

That bar was in Sandy Eggo - quite close to the Supply building on Harbor, and nowhere near the flight school, which was at Miramar. I say was, because there was this fire. I don't usually go by there, so I don't know if it's re-opened.

But nevermind, there's lots of more tacky trashy rundown bars in Sandy Eggo. I'm sure Goose and Maverick could find something appropriate, should they come back to town. But finding a foxy Grumman rep will be a real challenge.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:53 am

LOL! Thanks guys... Well I'll never be a right winger but I have been known to burst into song from time to time. Yeah the pilots are fun to hang with but John's a combat medic and his buddies in that unit are really fun! They really have no filter and can take over a room. I better bring bail money... 8)
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:25 am

Are they at Tyndall? Probably better take some disinfectant. The brig there isn't the nicest...

Not speaking from experience or anything, I'm just sayin'....
Last edited by Shapley on Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Nicole Marie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:02 am

He's at Patrick AFB in Cocoa Beach. Lots of NASA guys running around too. So is there something you would like to share Shapley? :wink:
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:12 am

One nice thing about Air Force brigs (although I don't think they call them that) is that they are staffed by Air Force guys. True brigs are staffed by Marines, or Sailors trained by them. Big difference.

Or so I'm told... ;)

Oh! BTW, the N.C.I.S. guys that pick you up from the brig to take you to your ship aren't anything like the ones on the television show. At least they weren't 20+ years ago. That may have changed now. Agents Ziva David or Kate Todd would have been welcomed...

I've never been to Patrick AFB, but I've been to Cocoa Beach. I must have remained sober there, or sober enough.

I remember Panama City, or maybe I don't remember Panama City, which might be part of the problem... :D
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Sire de Coucy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:50 pm

Have fun Nicole and enjoy some of those wonderful fall temps along the coast. It's a great place to be from just south of Jacksonville all the way to West Palm. We will miss you but will enjoy hearing Scott again. Don't forget to hit the beach while you are there. Should still be nice and warm. If North Myrtle is running 80 right now, Cocoa should be at least 85 and clearer water than SC to boot. Enjoy!
Sire de Coucy
5th Chair

Postby jamiebk » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:25 pm

Welcome back Scott...nice to hear you on the air!
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:55 am

DITTO!!!

:mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Return to Scott Birmingham