Columbus Day

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Columbus Day

Postby Shapley » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:58 am

A very happy Columbus Day to you all!

And a Happy Thanksgiving Day to you Canadians!
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Re: Columbus Day

Postby piqaboo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:09 am

oh! THAT's why we got the robocall, reminding us there is school today.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:45 am

Gee - everyone around here got the day off...
husband's college always seems to have an Oct break on a Mon/Tues the week after Columbus Day - which can be annoying as I don't get it as a holiday. Except this year - and of course, husband isn't teaching this semester, so it doesn't matter.... I took the day off anyway as m-i-l had been visiting and was leaving that day - wanted time to decompress after and not be trying to rush kids off to school/daycare while saying goodbye to Grammie. Good thing, as Bella was sick and I would have had to take the day off anyway...

Not taking Veteran's Day off - Pumpkin will spend day with Grandpa. He's got a 1/2 day the week before, but as we'll likely be moving that week, shouldn't be a problem to be around for that. Just happy he doesn't have school the Wed before Thanksgiving - I usually take that day off too.
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby piqaboo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:00 pm

Altoid will not be getting any awards for perfect attendance.
One day a week, "lunch" is her last period of the day. OT pulled her at the start of lunch, and there went any chances!
Thank goodness :toast: because she does have school that Wed but she wont be there if all goes as planned.
(Oh dear, I hope the teacher doesnt have anything planned special.... oh well, worst case, we leave straight afterward.)
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Return to Culture Connections