Virtual Drinking Thread

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Virtual Drinking Thread

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:06 pm

I have to start this thread for anyone to VENT.

I have been writing technical test cases for a new product we will be offering.
I am SO brain fried from writing the cases and creating the flows in Visio....
deals with IP Addresses... telephone #'s and including logic for programmers to figure out how to code this stuff....ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To make things worse.... I have to do my taxes tonight....

BOTTOMS UP....

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:
:yum: :yum: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :yum: :yum:
:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:
:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:
:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:
:yum: :yum: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :yum: :yum:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Re: Virtual Drinking Thread

Postby dai bread » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Tax return night was the most depressing night of the year. If I was ever going to cut my throat it would have been then. Now my tax returns are too complicated to be depressing. They're just plain painful, and I really should pass the buck to a professional, but the thought of the fees involved makes me carry on.

:toast:
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:58 pm

dai bread wrote:Tax return night was the most depressing night of the year. If I was ever going to cut my throat it would have been then. Now my tax returns are too complicated to be depressing. They're just plain painful, and I really should pass the buck to a professional, but the thought of the fees involved makes me carry on.

:toast:

Dai....I thought you lived in New Zealand....not the USA. :rofl: :crazy:
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:28 am

Thanks, T/M.

I started a 'virtual biergarten' thread a number of years ago, but it fell into dis-use. I think we started going to Cambodian Coffee House, instead. Tanja served cold beer, with a helping of humour on the side, instead of that warm German stuff, I suppose.

Now, the coffee house is quiet and the biergarten is boarded up. Victims of the economy, no doubt.

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby analog » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:25 pm

They're just plain painful, and I really should pass the buck to a professional, but the thought of the fees involved makes me carry on.

Until five years ago I used to be adamant that i had to do them myself. Something psychological about not being dependent i think. Think Tim Allen syndrome....
But i was getting fearful of making a mistake in my favor and having a swat team show up at the door. The instructions last few years seem to be increasingly complex.

Found a nice lady, actually a neighbor, who runs a bookkeeping service in our small town. Her reputation is 'too much of a stickler- won't bend the rules' . So i let her do it.
Until this year I did them myself and took to her just for for review and electronic submittal. Since i had all the stuff neatly arranged in a notebook she only charged me fifty bucks. Well, every year she found a few things i'd missed and got back a couple hundred more dollars than i'd expected.

So i have succumbed to having it done for me. I found it well worth the fee.

What price peace of mind?
To that end, find one who's adamant about rigorous honesty on the return.

I'd love to go to the biergarten with you guys, only i'd have to be the designated driver. It's Tonic water and Lime for me.... and good company!

a.
Cogito ergo doleo.
analog
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Shapley wrote:Thanks, T/M.

I started a 'virtual biergarten' thread a number of years ago, but it fell into dis-use. I think we started going to Cambodian Coffee House, instead. Tanja served cold beer, with a helping of humour on the side, instead of that warm German stuff, I suppose.

Now, the coffee house is quiet and the biergarten is boarded up. Victims of the economy, no doubt.

V/R
Shapley

Step right up!
the bar is OPEN!!!
:mrgreen:
:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:44 pm

analog wrote:
They're just plain painful, and I really should pass the buck to a professional, but the thought of the fees involved makes me carry on.

Until five years ago I used to be adamant that i had to do them myself. Something psychological about not being dependent i think. Think Tim Allen syndrome....
But i was getting fearful of making a mistake in my favor and having a swat team show up at the door. The instructions last few years seem to be increasingly complex.

Found a nice lady, actually a neighbor, who runs a bookkeeping service in our small town. Her reputation is 'too much of a stickler- won't bend the rules' . So i let her do it.
Until this year I did them myself and took to her just for for review and electronic submittal. Since i had all the stuff neatly arranged in a notebook she only charged me fifty bucks. Well, every year she found a few things i'd missed and got back a couple hundred more dollars than i'd expected.

So i have succumbed to having it done for me. I found it well worth the fee.

What price peace of mind?
To that end, find one who's adamant about rigorous honesty on the return.

I'd love to go to the biergarten with you guys, only i'd have to be the designated driver. It's Tonic water and Lime for me.... and good company!

Analog,
Problem was not doing my taxes last night. I'm very good with #'s. My issue was the crap I had to deal with (still going on today) here at work....
I was SO fried when I got home at 10PM last night. (get up at 5AM to go to work.)
We should all meet at an agreed hotel.... drink to our hearts delight... and go up to our hotel rooms...
I'm usually the DD when we go out anyway... I guess I have to get others to do that so I can bend the old elbow...

Regards,
TM

a.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Schmeelkie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:16 am

I haven't had more than a 1/2 a beer or a 1/2 glass of wine in so long, it wouldn't take much... got out of the habit through pregnancies and nursing - been free of that for a while and I still don't 'get around' to drinking much. Should do some more otherwise I'll really make an a%$ of myself at my 20th HS reunion this summer!!

No drinking tonight though - have to get up at 5am (usually awake between 7 - 7:30) to do a 2hr drive and help with data collection at 3 HS in the Elmira area. YIKES! Luckily, I'm meeting a friend and she'll do most of the driving - we'll see if I've gotten over my inability to sleep in moving vehicles...
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby jamiebk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Schmeelkie wrote:I haven't had more than a 1/2 a beer or a 1/2 glass of wine in so long, it wouldn't take much... got out of the habit through pregnancies and nursing - been free of that for a while and I still don't 'get around' to drinking much. Should do some more otherwise I'll really make an a%$ of myself at my 20th HS reunion this summer!!

No drinking tonight though - have to get up at 5am (usually awake between 7 - 7:30) to do a 2hr drive and help with data collection at 3 HS in the Elmira area. YIKES! Luckily, I'm meeting a friend and she'll do most of the driving - we'll see if I've gotten over my inability to sleep in moving vehicles...

I sympathize...I get up at 4:00AM daily to begin my 5:00AM commute to San Francisco. I don't make it much past 10:00PM on the couch before I realize that I missed 2/3's of the show I was watching.
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby analog » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:16 pm

otherwise I'll really make an a%$ of myself at my 20th HS reunion this summer!!

line overheard at my 20th:

" What? Everybody sent their parents? "

a.
'
Cogito ergo doleo.
analog
2nd Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:46 pm

analog wrote:
otherwise I'll really make an a%$ of myself at my 20th HS reunion this summer!!

line overheard at my 20th:

" What? Everybody sent their parents? "

a.
'

Yeah, it's gonna be a little scary... at our 10th, the guy I had the big crush on for most of HS showed up with his hairline flirting with the top of his head - he might be almost bald by now. And meanwhile, my husband has a luxuriously thick head of curly hair!

Also, as my kids are only 6 and 3, I'm curious as to how many of my classmates are grandparents already. Should be at least a couple... overheard someone in the bathroom at the 10th patting her tummy and saying, 'yeah, this is number 5'! I had only been married about 6 months at the time. Timing for things like getting married and having kids is all over the map these days!
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Return to Culture Connections