My Weather Today

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: My Weather Today

Postby Schmeelkie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:39 am

After a humid weekend (really not above the mid-80s, but felt miserable), we've had dry weather - a bit windy and highs not going much above 80 all week....expected to continue... it's lovely. If I could have this weather all summer I'd be happy! (with all the rain overnight, and a couple of 85-90 degree days on the weekend to go to the beach!)
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:46 pm

next to last week in Aug was cool, last week Aug into Sept - blazingly hot, then cool again since (except 88 on the first day of school - 9/7). Had a lovely Saturday - high around 70 - was outside for Pampered Chef party, then husband's department party - even took a paddleboat on the canal with the kids! Sunday was cooler, but the rain held off. Today had the fun of driving in with my sunglasses on, wipers on and off, and headlights on. Only supposed to get to 72 today and this is the warmest day forecasted all week! Was hoping for a little more summer before diving into fall. Especially since most of Bella's socks are too small and couldn't find any at Wal-Mart yesterday. Didn't feel up to the longer drive to the mall - had a bookcase to put together! Just hope we can get through the week...
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:26 am

Happy Fall everyone!
Had fallish days earlier this week - very cool (44-50 degree) morning temps, with afternoon highs into the low 70s - pain to figure out what to wear on days like that! Today, was totally comfortable walking out of the house at 8:30am in t-shirt and capri pants. 83 already by 11am... then tomorrow it MIGHT get up to 60...weird.
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby piqaboo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:34 am

Autumn is here. 80's during the day, chilly at night.
Just in time for the Arizona relatives to have great days at the beach, and continue the tradition of buying her a sweater in the evening.

Someone keeps bringing in fresh figs from her garden. Its a good thing!
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:01 pm

The leaves have been changing and falling for over a week now. Due to the dry Summer, they haven't much colour, though.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Haggis@wk » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:50 pm

I decided that it's winter in Texas beginning today. Using the Haggis Variable Climate Prediction System I had to move my chair from the shade to the sun this morning in order to be comfortable while reading L. Sprague deCamp. Winter has arrived and apparently some Hispanic minor called La Nina also believes that it's going to get colder sooner.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby dai bread » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:48 pm

I'm getting typical Spring weather. Warm and sunny today, cold and cloudy tomorrow. Or was it yesterday?
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:06 pm

our three day stint of temps around 70 is ending today. And I didn't get to enjoy it much as Bella and I were sick the past two day. Did have the front door open most of the day yesterday. Just hoping they're off by about 10 degrees on the Halloween forecast - says a high of 45 - yikes! Kids will not want to wear jackets over their costumes, but may have little choice in the matter. Can't fit more than a long-sleeve shirt and pants under Bella's Supergirl costume...Pumpkin might be able to fit a bit more under his Darth Vader costume, but I don't think his sleeves are that much more forgiving than Bellas...oh, well. Mid-50s at least would be tolerable... At least they took the rain out of the forecast.

'course I remember trick-or-treating in the snow one year...
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:42 am

Happy Windsday to all you east coasters...we got some decent gusts last night - lucky it doesn't bother the kids.
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:43 am

oops - forgot to mention - colleague in ND sent us a pic of his road yesterday - covered in snow! He said this would be the perfect week for us to come out and visit the ND schools in our study...ha, ha! Glad we haven't had early snow yet!
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby piqaboo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:35 am

Santa Ana yesterday - no dew fall overnight.
This after a week of rain.
The weeds are coming up gang=busters. They're getting a head start on me as the weekend will be devoted to Halloween prep instead of weed-death.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:40 am

We finally had a decent frost this morning. I looked outside early this morning (around 3:00 A.M.) and it was pitch-white outside :) . The ground was covered in frost and there was a thick fog turned luminously bright by the moonlight filtering throught. The temperature said it as 30 degrees F when I left the house.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Shapley wrote:We finally had a decent frost this morning. I looked outside early this morning (around 3:00 A.M.) and it was pitch-white outside :) . The ground was covered in frost and there was a thick fog turned luminously bright by the moonlight filtering throught. The temperature said it as 30 degrees F when I left the house.

Brrrrrrrrrr.........

I was enjoying our 70+ degree weather the past few days.
Going down to the upper Thirties tonight....
Ah... the coat comes out... :wink:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby piqaboo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Santa anas after a week of rain. The weeds are already knee high since halloween weekend was too busy for weeding.
Oh my. 85-ish out there right now.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby BigJon » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Had our first frost today on the ground today.
Even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. – Me! Feb 9, 2001
BigJon
2nd Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:10 pm

Had some sleet Halloween night, and our first actual snow yesterday...just for 5-10 min at a time a couple of times in the am - too warm to stick. Frosty every morning now. Going to Amsterdam NY tomorrow - today they're getting a wintry mix (ie, rain, sleet, snow), but nice tomorrow. Feeling sorry for the group that's out there today! Still be a few weeks before it's cold enough for snow to stick on the ground. Now we're in the part of fall I like the least - generally too cold to go outside unless you're working (like raking leaves yesterday), but no snow to play in. We only average about 8 inches of snow in November, so the good playing in the snow doesn't start until at least December...oh, well...
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:19 pm

82, sunny and breezy in Dallas today. Haggis and I played ball in the backyard. Tomorrow the temp will drop to the 40s and possibly the 30s. From short sleeve tee-shirt to overcoat in 36 hours. Ah well, enjoy it while it's still nice.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby piqaboo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:58 pm

The dew was frozen on the windshields this morning.
Clear and cold.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby dai bread » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:13 pm

Unusually hot here. I'm sleeping under just a sheet, which is something I don't normally do until January. The garden is drying out rapidly.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:43 am

cousin in SandyEggo had frost on her car yesterday - hard freeze warning for my friend in Phoenix....weird!
We're supposed to get to 54 today with rain. and tomorrow will start at 45 (just like today), but temps will drop to 35 and the snow will start. We've officially gotten .4 inches of snow thus far....should start adding up this week. Kids new winter coats arrived yesterday (wish we had had them over TG - only one day did it get above 40...brrr!), just in time... Too bad we don't have anyone from Colorado on the board...
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Culture Connections