Mosque at Ground Zero?

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Should a Mosque be built at Ground Zero?

No
92%
Yes
8%
First I've heard of it
No votes

Total votes : 12

Re: Mosque at Ground Zero?

Postby jamiebk » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:35 pm

lliam wrote:
Giant Communist Robot wrote:It's obvious they have the legal right to build there, but they show a real lack of sensitivity and compassion. What bugs me about this is that even if they do build, they will not see it as a victory for the rights of minorities over the opinion of the majority but as the will of Allah. In other words, not because we live in a democracy but due to the devine plan of Allah.

Years ago I used to hang out at the Islamic Center in Los Angeles on Vermont. I found that when Muslims speak in public they will always take the moderate line, but not in private. It's like they've been coached about what to say. In private I have never been able to get a single Muslim to repudiate extremism and terrorism. What they told me was "what is extremism? It is love of God. Which is better, love of God or love of man?" and so on. I know this is anecdotal, but it is striking that I could not get a single individual to agree that murdering in the name of Allah is wrong.

========================================================================================

Have you heard this guy G.C? His name is Michael Savage and he's on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK9yOi0V ... r_embedded

It's a bit strong but this guy says it as it is.

I think this guy says it better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjS0Novt3X4
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby lliam » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:50 am

Jamiebk, that's what I like, straight talk, take no prisoners and put 'Politically Correctness out to Graze'.

The people of N.Y need to state their case 'VERY STRONGLY' and never let this monstrosity ever get built.
Last edited by lliam on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lliam.

I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted - George Best
lliam
2nd Chair

Postby lliam » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:26 am

dai bread wrote:O.K. How do you tell a man's religion when he's driving in a car? If you've picked him out earlier, why not just bump him off then?

These thugs are in it for pleasure. Religion is a peg to hang their hats on and allow them to wring their hands and cry "Persecution!" if they're challenged.

You might have noticed reports recently that similar thugs are still active in Ireland, and are still chanting the IRA's old mantra: "Britain out!"

========================================================================================
Hello DB,
These thugs as you call them are 'Terrorists'. I would imagine where you live it’s very uncomplicated. You live in a very beautiful part of north island with around a 40,000 population and loads of space. I don't suppose you have the same problems as we in this part of the world and I hope you never do.
Lliam.

lliam
2nd Chair

Postby dai bread » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:10 pm

You're right, lliam.

Though the population is either more or less, depending on whether you include Hamilton or not. The population of Cambridge is about 16 000. Hamilton is about 30 minutes drive away, depending what part of it you're going to, and it's population is about 120 000. Your 40 000 figure includes a few other regional towns, I think. There are several.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:21 pm

A massive Gallup survey of 275,000 Americans shows that Muslims give Barack Obama the highest job approval rating, but that’s actually been the case all along. That number has dropped eight points since Obama took office, however, and that trend is seen in every faith demographic in the survey — even among atheists. In every other category, Obama has dropped by double digits since the first six months of his presidency:

Muslim Americans continue to give President Barack Obama the highest job approval rating of any major religious group in the U.S., while Mormons give the president the lowest ratings.

The differences in Obama’s approval ratings across the religious groups included in this analysis have held fairly constant across time, even as Obama’s overall rating has fallen by 15 points between the first half of 2009 and the first seven months of this year. American Muslims — in the news recently with the controversy over proposed plans to build an Islamic center and mosque near ground zero in New York City — have given Obama his highest ratings in all three time periods: 86% in the first half of 2009, 83% in the second half of 2009, and 78% so far this year. Mormons have given Obama his lowest ratings across time, dropping from 43% in the first half of 2009 to 24% this year.

In addition to Muslims, Obama receives above-average ratings among Jews, those who identify with other non-Christian religious groups, and those with no formal religious identity. Obama gets lower-than-average ratings among Protestants. Catholics have given Obama slightly higher-than-average ratings last year and so far this year.

And the Left wonders why 1/5 of all Americans think Obama’s a Muslim? :rofl:
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby lliam » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:33 am

Obama admits that he is a Muslim. Obama has bowed before a Muslim king. Obama has talked about his Muslim family. Obama has quoted from the Koran. Obama has defended Islam. Obama has visited Mosques. And many more clips of Obama and his Muslim connections have been seen on utube. BUT the writers, producers, and editors of these videos are not claiming or implying that Barack Hussein Obama is a Muslim, or that Obama said he was a Muslim, rather they are only examining the evidence surrounding the rumor that Barack Hussein Obama might be a secret Muslim. :x
Lliam.

lliam
2nd Chair

Postby jamiebk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:16 am

lliam wrote:Obama admits that he is a Muslim. Obama has bowed before a Muslim king. Obama has talked about his Muslim family. Obama has quoted from the Koran. Obama has defended Islam. Obama has visited Mosques. And many more clips of Obama and his Muslim connections have been seen on utube. BUT the writers, producers, and editors of these videos are not claiming or implying that Barack Hussein Obama is a Muslim, or that Obama said he was a Muslim, rather they are only examining the evidence surrounding the rumor that Barack Hussein Obama might be a secret Muslim. :x

Get your facts straight sir.
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby lliam » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:40 pm

[ jamiebk wrote] Get your facts straight sir.

I thought it was very elaborate.
Do you have a comment to the contrary ?
Lliam.

lliam
2nd Chair

Postby jamiebk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:34 pm

Obama has never "admitted that he's a Muslim". Quite the contrary. Opponents of Mr. Obama were happy to tie him to Reverend Wright of the Trinity United Church in Chicago. I doubt that a Muslim would attend such a church. Even FOX news correctly reports on Mr. Obama's religion as being Christian. If you want to hate the guy...fine with me, but please at least be accurate in your criticism. People think he's a Muslim because people like you continue to spread untruths about his religious views. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08 ... vey-shows/
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Obama has had two 'slips of the tongue' in which he has referred to himself as being of the Islamic faith. Some consider these slips to be Freudian. I suspect that is what is being referred to in this instance.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby lliam » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:34 pm

[jamiebk wrote]
Obama has never "admitted that he's a Muslim".

jamiebk, you make to many Assumptions about me I don't hate Obama or spread lies just watch the video on youtube.

As I stated in my previous post:

Obama admits that he is a Muslim. Obama has bowed before a Muslim king. Obama has talked about his Muslim family. Obama has quoted from the Koran. Obama has defended Islam. Obama has visited Mosques. And many more clips of Obama and his Muslim connections have been seen on YOUTUBE.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... slim+&aq=f
Lliam.

lliam
2nd Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:54 pm

I'm a little slow. I've just discovered that it's not a Mosque. And it's not at Ground Zero. Sounds a little "spin-diferous."
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:18 pm

This is from a blog written by a rabbi (sent to me by a rabbi friend):
Talmudic dictum “one who makes peace within his neighborhood is viewed as having made peace within the entire world.”

People of faith (Christian, Jewish, etc) are coming out all over as for the mosque/community center at Park51. They see it as a way of starting a dialog, of working to heal the wounds of 9/11, and to show that truely, only a tiny proportion of Muslims are terrorists. Most have come to America for our freedoms (including the freedom to worship) and want to integrate into American society. I read recently that what is happening to Muslims in America parallels the problems many other ethnic groups have had when many entered our country (Irish, Chinese, etc) and hopefully they'll come through it and add something to the soup that is America. the paranoia and fear-mongering is really bothering me. I don't usually post to 'The Debate Team', but wanted to add something here. What's next - internment camps for Muslims 'just in case' they're terrorists? It was a bad idea in WWII, bad idea now... come on guys....

An editorial in our paper compared Park51 to building a Shinto temple at Pearl Harbor - saying we'd never allow that. Then the next day, someone else wrote that there IS a Shinto temple near Pearl Harbor (may have pre-dated the war) and no-one's ever made a fuss....
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:40 pm

Schmeelkie wrote:This is from a blog written by a rabbi (sent to me by a rabbi friend):
Talmudic dictum “one who makes peace within his neighborhood is viewed as having made peace within the entire world.”

People of faith (Christian, Jewish, etc) are coming out all over as for the mosque/community center at Park51. They see it as a way of starting a dialog, of working to heal the wounds of 9/11, and to show that truely, only a tiny proportion of Muslims are terrorists. Most have come to America for our freedoms (including the freedom to worship) and want to integrate into American society. I read recently that what is happening to Muslims in America parallels the problems many other ethnic groups have had when many entered our country (Irish, Chinese, etc) and hopefully they'll come through it and add something to the soup that is America. the paranoia and fear-mongering is really bothering me. I don't usually post to 'The Debate Team', but wanted to add something here. What's next - internment camps for Muslims 'just in case' they're terrorists? It was a bad idea in WWII, bad idea now... come on guys....

An editorial in our paper compared Park51 to building a Shinto temple at Pearl Harbor - saying we'd never allow that. Then the next day, someone else wrote that there IS a Shinto temple near Pearl Harbor (may have pre-dated the war) and no-one's ever made a fuss....

Islam has a 1,000 plus year tradition of building mosques at the scenes of Islamic military conquests. Many people, including me, feel this is nothing more than a memorial to Islamic triumphalism at the scene of their greatest military conquest on the North American continent.

And if you see significant funding from Saudi Arabia and Iran then the inescapable conclusion is that they consider it to be one as well.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby lliam » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:19 am

The Islamisation of Paris: A Warning to Us All

Sat, 04/09/2010 - 09:37

American news broadcaster CBN has produced a dramatic insight into the extent of the Islamification of Paris, complete with hidden camera recordings of massed Muslim prayer sessions in the streets of that city.

The video broadcast shows streets blocked by huge crowds of Muslim worshippers and enforced by a private security force, all illegal in terms of France’s secular laws. French police have, the report says been told to look the other way.

Officially, France does not collect racial statistics of its population. But, the report says, “the Muslim birth rate is significantly higher than for the native French. Some Muslim men practice polygamy, with each extra wife having children and collecting a welfare check.”

The shocking video – and its implications for the entire West, can be viewed below and the YouTube account of the secret prayer session film maker, who has now been threatened with death, can be seen on the video.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2010/A ... -the-West/
Lliam.

lliam
2nd Chair

Postby Marye » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Ain't gonna happen now.
Marye
2nd Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:03 am

Giant Communist Robot wrote:I'm a little slow. I've just discovered that it's not a Mosque. And it's not at Ground Zero. Sounds a little "spin-diferous."

*DING!* WINNAR!

And I'll add that Terry Jones is just another attention whore.
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby Schmeelkie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:02 am

I know some of you won't believe this, but this is Obama saying he's Christian:
http://rr.com/news/topic/article/rr/8459870/22526984/Obama_tells_questioner_hes_Christian_by_choice/1

Sounds to me like he was exposed to other ideologies in his youth, but chose to be Christian as an adult. I also like what he says about religous freedom.
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:36 am

Not that I disbelieve, Schmeelkie, but he is a politician and his lips were moving...
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby lliam » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:15 pm

It's being broadcast now click on the link below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_fourfm
Lliam.

lliam
2nd Chair

PreviousNext

Return to The Debate Team