Where is Megrahi?

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Where is Megrahi?

Postby Shapley » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:02 am

We are doing quite well. I hope the same is true with yourself.

My wife is the shapely one. :)
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:33 am

Shapley wrote:My wife is the shapely one. :)

What??????? Shapley's not shapely?? :rofl:
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:29 am

Ex-Justice Minister says Gaddafi personally ordered the Lockerbie attack.

STOCKHOLM — Swedish tabloid Expressen says Libya’s ex-justice minister claims Moammar Gadhafi personally ordered the Lockerbie bombing that killed 270 people in 1988.

Expressen on Wednesday quoted Mustafa Abdel-Jalil as telling their correspondent in Libya that “I have proof that Gadhafi gave the order about Lockerbie.” He didn’t describe the proof.

Abdel-Jalil stepped down as justice minister to protest the violence against anti-government demonstrations.

He told Expressen Gadhafi gave the order to Abdel Baset al-Megrahi, the only man convicted in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, which killed all 259 people on board and 11 on the ground.

“To hide it, he (Gadhafi) did everything in his power to get al-Megrahi back from Scotland,” Abdel-Jalil was quoted as saying.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Mahlersfifth » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Wasn't Gaddafi a terrorist in the eyes of the U.S.? Why did that change?
Mahlersfifth
4th Chair

Postby Shapley » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:46 pm

Hello, Mahlersfifth. Welcome back!
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:40 pm

What Abdel-Jalil says may be true--on the other hand, things get said during revolutions for other purposes.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:53 pm

...that's why I didn't make any comments. One thug's word is about as good as another thug.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:16 pm

Libya: Scottish officials still in dark as to whereabouts of Lockerbie bomber

THE Scottish justice secretary said officials are trying to contact Libyan rebel leaders as part of efforts to track down the Lockerbie bomber.
Kenny MacAskill said attempts are being made to reach the National Transitional Council (NTC) while fighting continues in Tripoli. Mr MacAskill released Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi on compassionate grounds two years ago after medical advice that the prisoner was three months from death.

As part of the terms, Megrahi is supposed to check in with officials at East Renfrewshire Council, but he has not been reached since fighting broke out in Tripoli. There have been growing calls in the US for Megrahi to be extradited there in the wake of the collapse of the Gaddafi regime.

I want this guy to be extradited to the U.S. for trial
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Previous

Return to The Debate Team