Middle East Turmoil

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Middle East Turmoil

Postby Haggis@wk » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:39 pm

ROGER SIMON: The Coming, And Why The Left Doesn’t Understand Iran.

“The message of the short film was clear: The current crisis in the Middle East (Egypt, Bahrain, Libya, now Syria… all of it) is a harbinger that the Mahdi (the hidden one, the Twelfth Imam) was coming soon and that, in the ensuing chaos and destruction, Khomeini’s version of Shia Islam would shortly rule over the entire globe.”

I think they just can’t wrap their mind around religious apocalypticism that doesn’t come from that old bugbear, the Christians.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Re: Middle East Turmoil

Postby dai bread » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:30 pm

Well, I sat through the film (the translated version) and was left wondering several things.

Firstly, what do the Egyptians, Libyans, Jordanians etc think of Iranian domination? Bearing in mind that Iranians are Persians, not Arabs. I notice the film talks of Arab unity. I wonder who it's aimed at?

A nation from the East... China? Or Indonesia? Not Iran, anyway. That's only the Middle East.

I couldn't get past the Christian nun's costume the female presenter was wearing.

And what have the poor Freemasons done to warrant such virulent condemnation?
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Re: Middle East Turmoil

Postby Haggis@wk » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:46 am

dai bread wrote:Well, I sat through the film (the translated version) and was left wondering several things.

Firstly, what do the Egyptians, Libyans, Jordanians etc think of Iranian domination? Bearing in mind that Iranians are Persians, not Arabs. I notice the film talks of Arab unity. I wonder who it's aimed at?

A nation from the East... China? Or Indonesia? Not Iran, anyway. That's only the Middle East.

I couldn't get past the Christian nun's costume the female presenter was wearing.

And what have the poor Freemasons done to warrant such virulent condemnation?

Well, Masons are always easy targets. As for the non-Arab rulers I would point to the Ottoman Empire. I don't believe Turks are considered Arabs but they ruled the Arab empire for almost millennia. Iran believes the 12th Imam will be from Syria and will rule the world (yes, yes, I know that's a simplification, but I'm busy today)
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Return to The Debate Team