The PW Camp

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: The PW Camp

Postby piqaboo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:53 pm

yup, congratls!
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:52 am

Reason TV’s latest video

starts off with a gut-busting claim from one of my favorite actors, Kevin Spacey, on how Abraham Lincoln relied on the arts to “replenish his soul,” which Nick Gillespie points out somehow glosses over the fact that Lincoln was assassinated by an actor while attending a theater performance. Whether Lincoln craved the arts is one question, but it has little to do with the question of whether taxpayers should fund the arts through public financing. After the initial spit-take opening, Reason TV and Nick walk through three common sense reasons why taxpayers should stay out of the art business
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:27 am

Just noticed that I now have more posts than BigJon (1117 to 1095)! Wow - didn't think I'd ever surpass any of the regulars!
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:19 pm

Schmeelkie wrote:Just noticed that I now have more posts than BigJon (1117 to 1095)! Wow - didn't think I'd ever surpass any of the regulars!

Congratulations!

:mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Congratulations, indeed.

I haven't checked lately, but GCR may be gaining on me! :)
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:20 pm

I see my average is one post per day over the course of seven years. Not too much. Maybe my visibility is higher now as fewer people post.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby BigJon » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:05 pm

Yeah, but ya gotta add my two accounts together to get my true post count . . . :P
Even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. – Me! Feb 9, 2001
BigJon
2nd Chair

Postby piqaboo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:37 am

Feh. That aint gonna happen. Need to have posting discipline!
;)
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:19 am

An observation:

The guys and I were playing poker Saturday night. A chance to drink beer, scotch, lie and bluff. One of our regulars, Sam, was sipping some pretty good hootch out of a "World best grandpa" mug. Don, our resident philospher and youngest husband said something like, "You know, I see 'world's greatest granda' and 'world's greatest dad' coffee mug but I've never see 'world's greatest husband' coffee mug.

Sam, sucking on an e-cig (it's just not the same for a profound gesture as a stogie or a real cigarette) said "If they had one, they'd be afraid the rest of us would shoot them".

"What?" said Don,

"It's bad enough living up to wives expectations as it is now without them being able to point at the neighbohood G**D**n roles models!!!!"

Apparently, instinctually, most men realize that hanging that kind of marker on a guy would just breed resentment and anger, so why take a chance?

So, guys, if you get "world's greatest husband" coffee mug from the wife, you might want to move it to the back of the closet, or "accidentially" drop it on the tile floor....the rest of us are watching.... :lol:
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:52 am

A husband and wife are shopping in their local Wal-Mart. The husband picks up a case of Miller Lite and puts it in their cart.

'What do you think you're doing?' asks the wife.

'They're on sale, only $10 for 24 cans', he replies.

'Put them back, it's a waste of money', demands the wife. So he does and they carry on shopping.

A few aisles further on along, the woman picks up a $20 jar of face cream and puts it in the basket.

What do you think you're doing?' asks the husband...

"It's my face cream. It makes me look beautiful,' replies the wife.

Her husband retorts: 'So does 24 cans of Miller Lite and it's half the price....'

HUSBAND DOWN, AISLE 7!
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Haggis@wk » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Previous

Return to Musical Notes