Rick Perry

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Rick Perry

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:18 pm

While this board was down I read some blogs from Europe. Perry seems quite popular there. He does have a certain charisma--still, I'm surprised.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Re: Rick Perry

Postby dai bread » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:24 pm

From reports in my newspaper, Perry is the only Republican candidate so far with any credibility at all. Regarding the rest, I can only assume the Republicans don't want the presidency.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:20 pm

dai bread wrote: I can only assume the Republicans don't want the presidency.

Dai, you truly need to question your local reporters. A duck would beat Obama today and next November. Count on it and ignore the liberal twaddle
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:07 pm

A duck would beat Obama today and next November. Count on it and ignore the liberal twaddle

His core voters, who strongly believe in him, are large in numbers. He'll try to pick up independent and moderate Republican votes from now to the election. I find his lack of planning and action exasperating. Two years after the recession began he suddenly jumps into motion to give us a plan for jobs. Maybe less time at Martha's Vineyard or the golf course and he'd have done this sooner. Or not. His timing has a whiff of political motive to it.

His large core of supporters, the difficulty in beating a sitting President, and now his appeals to independents and moderates combine to form his strategy. I think his weaknesses will be hard to exploit.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:10 pm

I can only assume the Republicans don't want the presidency.

They lust for the office. Their mouths water. Their pulses race as their eyes glaze over. Wanting it is not enough, they need to find the right message. Complaining about Obama isn't going to do it.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby dai bread » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:46 pm

...neither is putting up candidates who, even at this distance, appear to be appalling. If I was an American, I'd vote for Haggis' duck.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:32 am

dai bread wrote:...neither is putting up candidates who, even at this distance, appear to be appalling. If I was an American, I'd vote for Haggis' duck.

Please remember that everything you are seeing or hearing is coming from a Left wing media that wants Obama to win. Right now the Left's theme is Perry is dumb, Romney is weird and Bachmann is scary. Expect that to be repeated endlessly until one is established as the nominee, who will then inherit all three descriptions. If you want to see how crazy the Left gets read this piece from Bryon York.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer. ... igious-war

The Democrat Party really has no other campaign issues. The Left both here and elsewhere belives to the very core of their souls that they are entitled to power and get cranky when it appears they might lose it; this promises to be a very nasty election cycle.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:12 am

dai bread wrote:...neither is putting up candidates who, even at this distance, appear to be appalling. If I was an American, I'd vote for Haggis' duck.

Did you mean appealing? Certainly some are appalling.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:12 pm

This morning on the radio I heard Obama complaining about too much regulation in business. To whom would this snippet most likely appeal?
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:05 pm

I see Rick Perry graduated from Texas A&M with a 2.5 GPA and a B.A. in Animal Science.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Giant Communist Robot wrote:I see Rick Perry graduated from Texas A&M with a 2.5 GPA and a B.A. in Animal Science.

And Obama graduated with...oh wait, he's never released any grades, the first president to do so. Have you noticed that nothing from his early life has ever been documented or vetted other than in his own books?

No grades, no former girlfriends have come forward, no student's he taught has ever been identified. Thanks to the media's conspiracy to protect him he remains the most enigmatic president of modern history if not all U.S. history.

This is should be a two way street, but of course it's not. I'm sure it's only coincidence that Kerry never release his grades until after he lost the election; his grades were worse than that idiot Bush, oh well.
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:35 pm

oh wait, he's never released any grades

True. But he did graduate from Harvard Law as Magna Cum Laude.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:38 pm

he remains the most enigmatic president

I read his autobiography and he doesn't reveal much about himself. He does write about what he did or what happened. What he thinks or feels, like his policies, are anyone's guess. An unusually private person for a politician.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby dai bread » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:14 pm

Your link to the Examiner article was interesting, Haggis. The NZ Herald isn't all that left wing, and although the specific instances the Examiner mentions weren't in my paper, the general attitude of the American left wing has been fairly well canvassed. Obama doesn't look pretty either, and I'd still vote for the duck.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:27 pm

Giant Communist Robot wrote:
oh wait, he's never released any grades

True. But he did graduate from Harvard Law as Magna Cum Laude.

Barack Obama has not released transcripts for his grades from Occidental College, Columbia University and Harvard Law. He has also not released his SAT and LSAT scores. No explanation has been offered for not releasing them.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_were_Bar ... z1WquaMxlZ

A black guy graduated from Harvard........
Last edited by Haggis@wk on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Giant Communist Robot wrote: An unusually private person for a politician.

An unusally private person who has never been question by anyone about his private life.....but I'm sure you'll vote for him....again.
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:00 am

, no former girlfriends have come forward

In his book he never mentions any. Come to think of it, I don't recall him even mentioning his wife.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:03 am

Giant Communist Robot wrote: I don't recall him even mentioning his wife.

The weirdest thing was when he announced he had won the presidency, his wife left the stage so he could be alone.....that was just....weird.....what president elect doesn’t want to share the moment with his loved ones?

He truly is a full blown clinical narcissist
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:50 pm

.but I'm sure you'll vote for him....again.

no I won't
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:27 pm

I don't know about voting for Obama. It depends upon who the Republicans can put up to run. Perry??? not a snowball's chance in hell. Bachmann...ditto. Republicans (my registered party) have shot themselves in the foot selling out to the evangelicals and crackpot Tea Party.
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Next

Return to The Debate Team