Antineutrinos: Fact, or a Myth Perpetrated by the Right?

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Antineutrinos: Fact, or a Myth Perpetrated by the Right?

Postby Shapley » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:08 pm

I can type faster than I can read. That's always a bad thing. Also, I tend to go back and edit as I type.

Most often, however, I'm interrupted while typing, and lose track of the thought process that I had when I began the message.

I should proofread more, but you don't get 10,000 posts trying make each one a work of art...
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Shapley » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:36 pm

Then, again, perhaps I have dyslexic fingers. They always want to type 'teh' for 'the' and never can get that 'i before e' thing right.....
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby dai bread » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:10 pm

Shapley wrote:Then, again, perhaps I have dyslexic fingers. They always want to type 'teh' for 'the' and never can get that 'i before e' thing right.....

Join the club, Shap.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:12 pm

dai bread wrote:Join the club, Shap.

Thanks! It's always nice to have company. :)
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Shapley » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:26 pm

My right pinky finger quit working long ago, so I've had to learn to type the letters normally accessed with that finger using the ring finger. That often leaves my right hand searching for the 'home' position after doing so, and I have to backspace and retype a lot.

I think the error that Serenity was referring to was a tendency of mine to begin typing a thought and then re-typing it differently, but either failing to erase a word or to add a word or two, leaving a confusing sentence in my wake. I had typed most of the sentence "The Large Hardon Collider has developed a fault, delaying the experiments that, according to some, will result in the destruction of the Earth.", I then decided to change it to: "The Large Hardon Collider has developed a fault, delaying the experiments that, according to some, will end up destroying the Earth.". However, in editing the sentence, I wound up with "The Large Hardon Collider has developed a fault, delaying the experiments that, according to some, will result end up destroying the Earth." because I did not backspace sufficiently to remove the word 'result'. Proofreading would have helped but, as I've noted before, I am often interrupted, so I just hit 'submit' and hope for the best. Many have been the times I've only half completed a long post and had to cut it short. After all that typing, I hate to go back and start over, so I submit it 'as is'.

Brevity is the soul of wit, according the Shakespeare. But I prefer boxers to briefs, and Coleridge to Shakespeare.

V/R
Shapley
Last edited by Shapley on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:31 pm

Shapley wrote:...the sentence "The Large Hardon Collider has developed a fault, delaying the experiments that, according to some, will result in the destruction of the Earth.", I then decided to change it to: "The Large Hardon Collider has developed a fault, delaying the experiments that, according to some, will end up destroying the Earth.". However, in editing the sentence, I wound up with "The Large Hardon Collider has developed a fault, delaying the experiments that, according to some, will result end up destroying the Earth." because I did not backspace sufficiently to remove the word 'result'. Proofreading would have helped...

Thus, the dyslexia remarks. Also that Freudian thingie.

Although, you may have actually meant it as written. I've heard about you midwesterners and your "Show me" mottos... :poke: :grin:
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:35 pm

:oops: I didn't even see that one. :oops:

I used cut and past in the triple posting, which is why it is compounded. Most embarassing.

I would think a large hardon collider would have something to do with cockfighting....
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Shapley » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:39 pm

I looked at a sailboat a while back. It was a steel-hulled 38-footer, which was available really cheap. I spoke with the owner of the dockyard, and he told me it had suffered the effects of galvanic corrosion, which had eaten away at the hull, leaving it perforated with tiny pinholes. As a result, water was constantly seeping into the hull. He had dubbed it the Large Hard Iron Colander....
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby OperaTenor » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:58 pm

10 Things We're Looking Forward To Now That The Large Hadron Collider Is Running:

1. Suddenly much harder to get particle beams insured
2. Brief, sudden portal to empty dimension where we can dump all those Sansas
3. The return of that battleship we lost in the Philadelphia Experiment
4. Last minute lawsuit from Fox that claims they have rights to make a Hadron Collider and they just now noticed it
5. Crazed Doctor McCoy falls through, meets a woman, has to watch her die to stop the Nazis
6. "Hadron" replaces "Caden" as the hot new name for baby boys
7. All Swiss chocolate now tastes a little strange but no one knows why
8. New particle discovered, named after Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog
9. Fred Phelps opens godhatesbosons.com
10. Buyer’s remorse from the scientists as they realize that the Extra Large Hadron Collider was only thirty nine cents more
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby Shapley » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:23 am

Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Previous

Return to The Debate Team