My Weather Today

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: My Weather Today

Postby Schmeelkie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:27 am

Heard we have a La Nina to blame for our lack of winter. Got a high of 52, I think Thursday last week. In the upper 30s and lower 40s for the rest of the week - maybe cool down over the weekend. Kids will be unhappy if they don't get to do their traditional sledding at the good hill near Grandma and Grandpa's house for Martin Luther King Jr day on Monday. I already told them that if there's no or not enough snow Monday, that once we do get snow, we'll drive out there some weekend day to sled. It's a great hill - the one I did my sledding on as a kid whenever we could get mom to drive us up there... Probably 2-
10ths of a mile, maybe 35-40% grade, large clearing at the bottom, so pretty high on the safe meter.
Actually, at a park near us, we found they have a similarly large hill that they make snow for, so we might get sledding this weekend anyway...
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:07 am

Schmeelkie wrote:Heard we have a La Nina to blame for our lack of winter. ...

I'm fine with that!

:mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby dai bread » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:27 pm

80 in the shade. Fine, partly cloudy.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:10 am

30 degrees this morning.
heavy rain coming in for tonight through tomorrow morning......

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Haggis@wk » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:38 am

40 and rainy yesterday, 70 and sunny today 40s and rainy tomorrow
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:41 pm

< 30 degrees this AM. I am so tired of these cold nights and mornings. Brrrrrrr. Sunny and clear now in NorCal. Shoudl get to low 60's this PM
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:14 pm

jamiebk wrote:< 30 degrees this AM. I am so tired of these cold nights and mornings. Brrrrrrr. Sunny and clear now in NorCal. Shoudl get to low 60's this PM

better than snow!

8)
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Haggis@wk » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Yesterday was cold and wet, tomorrow is supposed to be cold and wet, but today...today is a gloriously infrequent North Texas day. high 60's, cloudless sunny skies and light, warm breezes.

Haggis and I celebrated our good fortune with a shared cigar and a round of "slobber ball".

Although, technically, it's a "slobber squeaky frog". A marvelously tough Martha Stewart squeaky dog toy bought last October. It has surprisingly survived all the attempts of a monomaniacal insane dog to separate every squeaker from every dog toy known to mankind. Tomorrow I'll be back to cursing the cold but today, we live in the moment; life, today at least, is good :lol:
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby dai bread » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:14 pm

83 in the shade, fine, clouding over.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:30 am

It is absolutely POURING this morning. Temperature is 47 and going into the mid 50's.

I will not jinx this and use the "S" word..... :mrgreen:
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Please share some of your rain with Northern CA....
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Freaking cold this morning. Got down to 68. Currently 75. I can't wait for summer.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:22 am

68.... cold......... oh my........

It was 51 this morning and rainy.... front coming through today that will see the temperature drop into the 30's

By Monday morning they are predicting a low for us of 12 Degrees......

Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Warm today, cool breezes, sunny with blue skies. Nice.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Rain!!!!! finally!!!!
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:56 am

Giant Communist Robot wrote:Warm today, cool breezes, sunny with blue skies. Nice.

Yeah, but what about that Rat Lungworm you aren't talking about?????

Hey, anyone who has 365 days of perfect weather needs SOME kind of zing every now and then!!!! :lol: :lol:

"Rat Lungworm;" doesn't that sound like a character name from Lord of the Rings???
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:57 pm

We don't have any weather today. I went outside and looked, and it just isn't there.

I checked with the weather man and he said they aren't expecting any weather until sometime tomorrow or Sunday. Apparently it's on backorder or something.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Haggis@wk wrote:
Giant Communist Robot wrote:Warm today, cool breezes, sunny with blue skies. Nice.

Yeah, but what about that Rat Lungworm you aren't talking about?????

Hey, anyone who has 365 days of perfect weather needs SOME kind of zing every now and then!!!! :lol: :lol:

"Rat Lungworm;" doesn't that sound like a character name from Lord of the Rings???

Well, I'd never heard of it before. But I do remember we are to wash our local produce because of the very tiny disease carrying snails. We also have leptospirosis carrying bacteria in fresh waters. So don't go swimming at the base of that picturesque waterfall. And hey, this is the tropics! We have malaria and dengue fever, too.

I have to admit today's weather is absolutely perfect. It's beyond awesome. This day should be marked on the calendar and not forgotten. The trade winds are back and we have blue skies that couldn't be improved by even photoshop. The air has such a pleasant and wonderful feeling it makes you just want to lie down on the grass and forget all worries. Warm sun, gentle breezes, and.....sniff, sniff....hey! What's that on the BBQ? Spam?
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:14 pm

I was in Mannasas Virginia last night.
It was 30 degrees and snowing. This morning I scrapped about 1/4 inch of ice off the car.

I arrived in Augusta Georgia this afternoon. 60 degrres... no snow, no ice... :mrgreen:
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby dai bread » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:31 am

Cool for the time of year (70) and raining. The only people who like this summer are dairy farmers.
dai bread
1st Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Culture Connections