My Weather Today

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: My Weather Today

Postby DavidS » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:41 am

Typical wintry weather for these parts: Intermittent rain, drizzle and clear intervals; temps 9 - 14 C.
Tel grain, tel pain.
DavidS
2nd Chair

Postby Shapley » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:24 am

We started yesterday in the upper 30s, with lots of fog. The fog continued through the day, with the temperatures rising into the upper 40s and lower 50s. As night fell, it rose into the 60s. Then the storms came.

Lightening and thunder, lots and lots of rain, and lots and lots of wind. About three hours of that, and then the skies cleared.

Partly cloudy and windy this morning, temperatures back down in the mid 40s.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Another fine day--warm sun, gentle breezes...hey, where's my sunscreen?
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:25 am

I have been in Augusta, Georgia this week (actually the a town right next to Augusta)
and the temperature yesterday was.....

78 degrees

woohoo.........

I am supposed to go back to NY this Sunday.... hmmnn.... I think an extended stay here with my family is in order!

:mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Schmeelkie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:20 pm

yeah, but TM, we haven't really had much of winter in NY (not counting Snowtober)...
we're back in the low 40's today. Last I looked we weren't up to 20 inches of snow yet and the average is almost 50 (and last year we were probably around 65-70 inches). I doubt we've had more than 10 days since November with highs below freezing. Usually by this point in January, we're in deep freeze - highs rarely above freezing for 2-3 weeks at a time and the snow just piles up. The 1/4 inch we got last night is already melted... And last weekend we had enough snow to sled in, but I was keeping the kids inside to finish getting over their colds!
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:41 am

Schmeelkie wrote:yeah, but TM, we haven't really had much of winter in NY (not counting Snowtober)...
we're back in the low 40's today. Last I looked we weren't up to 20 inches of snow yet and the average is almost 50 (and last year we were probably around 65-70 inches). I doubt we've had more than 10 days since November with highs below freezing. Usually by this point in January, we're in deep freeze - highs rarely above freezing for 2-3 weeks at a time and the snow just piles up. The 1/4 inch we got last night is already melted... And last weekend we had enough snow to sled in, but I was keeping the kids inside to finish getting over their colds!

yes... it has been a warm winter on Long Island as well....
the few inches of snow we got (the day after I left for Georgia)
melted a day or so later as the temp was in the 50's

I'm OK with this.... :mrgreen:

especially after last year.... :mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby dai bread » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:38 pm

So that's where all our heat went. It's been a cool summer here so far. Only 74 today; it should be 10 degrees higher.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:27 am

dai bread wrote:So that's where all our heat went. It's been a cool summer here so far. Only 74 today; it should be 10 degrees higher.

Global Warming? or a shift in weather patterns.
My parents said it has not been this warm here in Georgia..... Usually about 20 degrees colder.

Today's high is forecasted for 60.... It is usually around 40.

Leaving to go back to NY tomorrow.... and the weather forecast for next week is for warmer than normal temperatures....
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:07 am

Apparenlty, Alaska is in a deep, deep freeze this Winter. It seems they are hoarding all the cold air, in an effort to stave off global warming, no doubt.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Schmeelkie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:33 pm

It was actually in the low 30s all weekend and we got about 3 inches of snow over the day Sunday and another 2-3 overnight. Pumpkin lamented that we now had all this great snow and it's a school day. I'm going to try to leave early so I can be home when they get off the bus to play in the snow! Bella's class, however, should be sledding for PE today, so she should get her fill! They have to enjoy it today - supposed to be 43 tomorrow and 46 Wednesday with rain, so it will be disappearing fast.

This up and down temperature thing really makes it annoying to clear off the car and shovel when you know it's all going to melt the next day... :roll:
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:44 am

Shapley wrote:Apparenlty, Alaska is in a deep, deep freeze this Winter. It seems they are hoarding all the cold air, in an effort to stave off global warming, no doubt.

Just look at what Nome Alaska is going through.... Good Grief......

BTW - I came back to NY and today the temperature is forecasted for 60.

It's February 1st.

6 weeks till spring.
2 weeks to pitchers and catchers... :mrgreen:
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Schmeelkie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Seems a little odd that the groundhog will be predicting if we'll have 6 more weeks of winter or not, when we really haven't had much winter to speak of...
High of 53 yesterday was only 3 degrees below the record high and 22 degrees above the average high. Only plow piles of snow left by mid-day yesterday. Looks like it'll be about 5 days or so before we get any more snow...
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:59 pm

81 degrees, high surf advisory for North Shore.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:01 am

We were in the low to upper 60s yesterday, and I think we're expecting the same today, though it frosted this morning.
Today is groundhog day. The Sun is shining here, so our local groundhog should see his shadow. Even so, if the six weeks of weather he predicts is a continuation of what we've had, it won't be a big deal...
Last edited by Shapley on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby barfle » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:22 am

It's groundhog day........ again.

Kinda cloudy in DC, but it's in the 60s and not windy.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:57 pm

A year ago today we had gawdawful freezing weather for the superbowl. Temps in the teens, snow and ice on the roads, it was terrible. it took me 1.5 hours to drive four miles for my MIL's prescriptions.

Today? mid-70s, light breezes, a perfect day for slobberball
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:32 pm

83 degrees, blue skies, a few fluffy cotton-like clouds, winds 10 mph--a beautiful day. This morning Pearl Harbor looked like a J. M. W. Turner painting.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby dai bread » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm

78, cloudy, and I've managed to mow the lawn. The rain it raineth almost every day. The farmers love it, because the grass grows and the animals are fat and productive.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:04 pm

56, raw cold winds for the foreseeable future....I'm ready for Spring!
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:23 pm

Honolulu has been too cold. I walk around with the tip of my nose like an ice cube, and my ears are cold too. If I wanted to live on a glacier in the land of ice and snow I would move to Minnesota. This morning I saw the forecast for next Wednesday will be 86 degrees--I can't wait.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Culture Connections