It Makes You Wonder

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

It Makes You Wonder

Postby Haggis@wk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:21 am

IN ITALY, A PREHISTORIC HUG.

Archaeologists in Italy have unearthed two skeletons thought to be 5,000 to 6,000 years old, locked in an embrace.

The pair from the Neolithic period were discovered outside Mantua, about 40km (25 miles) south of Verona.

The pair, almost certainly a man and a woman, are thought to have died young as their teeth were mostly intact, said chief archaeologist Elena Menotti.

The picture is certainly striking.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Re: It Makes You Wonder

Postby dai bread » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:00 pm

I don't recall any mention of violence in the report. What was it that killed them? A snowstorm? Famine? Endless speculation, unprofitable but fascinating anyway.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:19 am

If they haven't already, they should name them Romeo and Juliet... 'in fair Verona where we lay our scene....'
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby jamiebk » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:50 am

Schmeelkie wrote:If they haven't already, they should name them Romeo and Juliet... 'in fair Verona where we lay our scene....'

They were probably married and trying to strangle each other...LOL :lol:
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:43 pm

jamiebk wrote: They were probably married and trying to strangle each other...LOL :lol:

I just snorted coffee all over the monitor!!!! At my parent's 50th anniversary party my father said that if he's strangled my mother when he first wanted to he'd been out of prison by then!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Return to Culture Connections