My Weather Today

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: My Weather Today

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:07 am

It was a cold, clear 46 degrees this morning. As I was driving across the Bay Bridge, the view was absolutely gorgeous: Moonlight curved around the tip of Point Loma, and there was a path of moonlight across the channel and over to North Island, and in the small craft anchorage under the bridge. View to the south was all rolling hills down to the Mesa in Mexico, covered with a blanket of twinkling city lights. Northward, all of the docks and downtown, and lights up the hills to Del Cerro and the foot of Point Loma. A giant golden moon in the sky over it all, and pink and turquoise dawn beginning over the mountains.

Some mornings, it's hard to go inside.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:52 pm

We've had lotsa rain and some flooding. Flash flood watch for Oahu. At noon today it was only 70 degrees F, 21 degrees C. Couldn't see the sky because of the rain clouds. Miserable weather.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby dai bread » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:01 pm

73, cloudy, light breeze, rain allegedly on its way. I'll believe it when I see it.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby monkeymd2b » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Started out rainy, now just a little overcast but blue spots. It was so nice thursday and friday and now crummy for the weekend. Oh well...another excuse to avoid cleaning up the yard!
Simple words to live by...

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and whack them on the head.
monkeymd2b
4th Chair

Postby jamiebk » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:55 pm

lousy day here today after a nice, but windy day yesterday. Drizzle, sprinkles with light winds and a coolish temp (high 50's). Ocean is blowing up so I am not diving today.
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby dai bread » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:11 pm

73, cloudy. Heavy rain during the night, which woke me up by pounding on the neighbour's steel roof. (Mine's tile, and silent).
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:33 am

35 degrees this morning.

forecast for the mid 60's...

:mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:13 pm

High wind advisory, high surf advisory, rain, cold weather--high forecast at 77 degrees.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby dai bread » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:53 pm

82, fine. A cloudless morning, but cumulus appearing now.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:27 am

raining this morning ... temp about 50.
sunshine later and temperature rising into the 70's!!!!

:mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Schmeelkie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:34 am

they're calling it 'May in March' this week around here. No highs below 55 - might get to 72 on Thursday. Was outside in shirtsleeves yesterday. Might have blooming tulips and daffodils (at least 2-3 weeks early) by the end of the week. Although the ones I planted in the containers on the front porch aren't poking up yet....

GCR - I heard about the bad weather in Hawaii and thought of you...
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:03 pm

GCR - I heard about the bad weather in Hawaii and thought of you...

Nothing that would alarm the anti-terrorist units, I hope.

Had to drive out the the Aloha Boy Scout Council; then went up the valley to Pali Lookout. Winds there were about 80 mph. The Lookout is a notch in 4,000 foot cliffs; when the wind blows the notch becomes a venturi. You have to lean into the wind to keep from being blown over. The kids loved it.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:48 am

rainy/stormy here in NorCal the past few days. More to come but we need the rain badly. We are finally filling some reservoirs.
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Had some hail on the windward side last week. Yesterday, though, was beautiful--I took the kids to the Dole Plantation where we spent a couple of hours wandering through "the world's largest maze". Later we went to the North Shore for lunch. The beaches are stunning.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:28 pm

Another perfect day in the islands.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby dai bread » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Sunny, 82, and a light SW breeze. I laid some paving this morning, before the heat was too much.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Just got home to see the weather reports coming out of the Dallas area.

Haggis, I hope you did not fare too badly in the wake of all that destruction! I'll say a prayer for you and your family.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby dai bread » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:40 pm

80 F at the moment. Rain has been prophesied for the last 3 days, but we're still waiting.

Balloon festival parade in Cambridge last Friday; dawn lift-off in Hamilton on Thursday and Nightglow in Hamilton on Saturday. That's when all the balloons are tethered in a field and fire up their burners in time to music played through a bad sound system. Good fun though.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:37 am

No word yet from Haggis, here or on Facebook. I'm guessing he is one of the multitudes in Dallas left without power. Hopefully, nothing more serious has happened.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Haggis@wk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Shapley wrote:No word yet from Haggis, here or on Facebook. I'm guessing he is one of the multitudes in Dallas left without power. Hopefully, nothing more serious has happened.

We all all safe and (knock wood) undamaged. Yesterday was quite hectic here in north Texas and once again it was pointed out that Mother Nature still trumps mankind. The QDBFH and I frequently comment and complain that when rain comes through Dallas heading for us it always seems to split and one arm goes north of Plano and one arm goes south. That's what happened yesterday and we're not complaining anymore.

The QDBFH was at a friend's house north of here when the tornado siren began. In Texas the sirens only go off when a tornado is actually seen on the ground in your vicinity. I got the dogs and me to our "safe room" and she hunkered down at her friends house. No actual tornado came that near but the rain was incredible, I had 2 inches in 2 hours. We never lost power but lots of other people in the neighborhood did, go figure. One of her friends tried to leave but the rain was so intense she returned and they all cowered in her friend's safe room.

If you watched TV you saw that incredible shot of the Schiender trailers being tossed around. Empty, those trailers weigh 14,000 lbs!! I "work" the Schneider area almost every day and had been there Monday. I'm supposed to attend a meeting at Schneider next week, i suspect that's gonna get cancelled.

As a humerous aside, I noticed that most TV stations, when portraying the South, seem to find the dumest cracker around to interview. I noticed yesterday that the interviewers were looking for the trademarked "Dallas Wimmen" big hair blondes, mostly well dressed and well spoken seem to be the pattern of the day, GCB, if you will :lol:

A friend I work with everyday in Forney, TX was in his office when the tornado hit his building. They all hunkered down in the IT room and the tornado ripped off part of the roof and caused damage inside the building. I'll upload his photos to the BB facebook later on.

Right now the news is reporting that we had 13-17 tornados hit the ground in the DFW area.
Bottom line, The Haggises and dogs feel very fortunate to have dodged 13 - 17 bullets. :|
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Culture Connections