Expresso Kamuchea

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Expresso Kamuchea

Postby jamiebk » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:12 pm

tan wrote:,,Jackfruit is a lot worse than over cooked brussels sprouts- a lot :dunce:

well...undercooked, over-cooked, or cooked just right, brussels sprouts turn my stomach so I don't hold out a lot of hope for jackfruit :rofl:
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby tan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:35 am

goodbye elvis, goodbye-
. Almost two weeks ago elvis vanished, just like that- one moment he was there- the next one -as if the earth had swallowed him. He would have been abducted and either eaten or sold. he ,most certainly is not in town, somebody would have seen him
I have given up hope of ever seeing him again, and dt and me do feel very sad and lonely indeed and it has not been easy to write this down as it makes it so final.
Almost to the day he had been my dog for eight years- Image
'that's not a dog- that's elvis,' - expat in Phnom penh

tan
don't judge book by the movie
tan
3rd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:52 am

tan wrote:goodbye elvis, goodbye-
. Almost two weeks ago elvis vanished, just like that- one moment he was there- the next one -as if the earth had swallowed him. He would have been abducted and either eaten or sold. he ,most certainly is not in town, somebody would have seen him
I have given up hope of ever seeing him again, and dt and me do feel very sad and lonely indeed and it has not been easy to write this down as it makes it so final.

I am so sorry.
My prayers are with you.
TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

I am so sorry.
My prayers are with you.
TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

I am so sorry.
My prayers are with you.
TM
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:00 am

So sorry to hear of Elvis' disappearance. I've enjoyed reading your stories of him over the years.

Do you still have the wild cat? Perhaps she drove him into the wild?
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:34 am

That's very sad and troubling Tan. I hope a miracle happens and he shows up. I am sorry to hear that your pooch as gone missing.
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby BigJon » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:33 pm

So sad, so sorry.
Even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. – Me! Feb 9, 2001
BigJon
2nd Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:29 am

We will all miss our Elvis sightings! My condolences...
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby tan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:23 am

life without elvis is still quite empty, strange how much on can miss a pet.
Like Joe said when i told him: well, there is pets and then there is pets...
on the bright side:
let me share a link with you about the good old days in phnom Penh:
true, true and true - as yet again -Joe would say... :dunce: :rofl: :lol:

http://khmer440.com/k/2011/08/al-rockof ... brick-etc/
tan
tan
3rd Chair

Postby piqaboo » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm sorry to hear about Elvis. He was quite a character, and obviously your very good friend. Dogs get under our skin and so thoroughly into our hearts.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby tan » Thu May 10, 2012 10:18 pm

where to begin, it’s been a long time: some sad and some bad shit happened... my old laptop kinda exploded leaving me with a third degree burn a goo 6 inches in diameter.
After the abduction of Elvis, DT my other bulldog started to deteriorate and about a month ago she died of old age and a broken heart, i’m sure of that. , (DT had waited for me to come home looked into my eyes, gave one last breath, and died.
i said to my friend vivi who was there when it happened, now i lost all things that i love, including my sense of humor and joy of life. i’m outta here. so i put down the price of my land and sold it to the moonies within 24 hours. three weeks of sheer chaos followed high drama, nerves and. so on. :roll:
truly of epic proportions.. where to start... ? let’s put it mildly: i caught myself at the point where i actually contemplated having somebody taken out.
But then all’s well that ends well
we are in Kompong Cham finally my new restaurant/ guesthousea reality and open. it’s called the ‘Penguins of Angkor.
that name gives everybody the giggles
( all this happened in less than a month) we are amongst friend and two hours away from PP, and people here actually smile-= nobody in sen monorom ever did- true khmer rouge territory up there.
let me leave it at this for today.. later more. :lol:
tan
tan
tan
3rd Chair

Postby DavidS » Fri May 11, 2012 12:31 am

Tan,
Most refreshing and encouraging to hear from you - hats off to the way you have been battling adversity, and best of success in your new move, enterprises & endeavour.
Tel grain, tel pain.
DavidS
2nd Chair

Postby tan » Fri May 11, 2012 4:45 am

:|
Last edited by tan on Fri May 11, 2012 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
tan
tan
3rd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri May 11, 2012 6:19 am

Tan,
I am so sorry for your loss.
Our dog is 15 and we have gone through some tough times over the past 2 years with her.
It will be very difficult for us when we reach that point in the path of life.

Here is a beatiful poem that I pray helps with the healing process of losing
a close and dear companion.

TM

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby tan » Fri May 11, 2012 6:28 am

sad as it maybe, i have peace with dt dying- but with elvis stolen by some rich khmer being paraded around pp i do have no peace. I will get him back- that is a promise and a threat: thinking of elvis waiting day in day out for his human is unbearable...
tan
tan
3rd Chair

Postby Shapley » Fri May 11, 2012 8:51 am

Glad to hear from you. Also sorry for your loss. I wish the very best of luck with the new guesthouse.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Shapley » Fri May 11, 2012 8:54 am

On another note, I see that Avalon Cruises will begin offering river cruises up the Mekong and Tonle Sap, starting in January of 2013:

http://www.avalonwaterways.com/Cruise-V ... ong-River/

They've built a special riverboat just for this cruise.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby tan » Fri May 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Where to begin? Let me introduce our townKompong Cham (KC), is the capitol of Kompong Cham, province. KC is on the Mekong, which is spanned by a gigantic bridge. I am not really pretty but it seems that it is visible from just about everywhere in town and to me it has certain elegance. There is an island, quite a big one .in the rainy season one reaches it by ferry, in the dry season the islanders build a bridge out of hundreds of thousands of bamboo sticks. When the rainy season arrives, the waters from Tibet arrive in town on their way to the Mekong delta the bridge will be swept away. In about a month Mr.Why out house driver predicts.Image

on the island...
the town is beautiful and rich. Many colonial buildings and colonaded , some great new khmer architecture. And an art deco market.
KC must be the cleanest town in cambo with wide streets and very little traffic. That makes it quite dangerous because- confident that nobody is around nobody and i mean nobody watches out while driving.
KC has more than its share of the ‘Khmer riche’ (new expatois for Khmer rouge cadre who made millions and then some during the pol pot regime) Born in KC where: pol pot, Hun sen and half the government of cambo.
Hun Sen‘s family resides in town. the eeh.. “Badminton court “(now there is a euphemism for you) across the street is owned by hun’s nephew- yeah, right the one with that Australian mess. We smile at each other and greet friendly. Next time he is around I’ll have to go over, introduce myself and invite him for a drink ‘(thanks to JM from garage bar for sorting out our whiskey budget. and btw where are my valiums....)
tan
tan
3rd Chair

Postby tan » Sat May 12, 2012 5:02 am

aaaww. this'll be fun...what new hell is this-whatever: pingping our fake jake russel-terrier a sen monorom mutt who looks acts and thinks she is a true jack russel got run down by a moto yesterday night - and john my 'nephew- and culinary sidekick is stuck at the vet in pp with a good ol' drunken Saturday night pp- ,to look forward to, and...i'm here with a full house to come and good but but untrained staff
this 'll be fun, forget about the sauce holandaise dear customers....
tan
tan
3rd Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Culture Connections