Expresso Kamuchea

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Expresso Kamuchea

Postby jamiebk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:47 pm

I like those beds that are slung over the water...until you roll over - LOL
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby tan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:04 am

..the rolling over of the 'water' bed - they are dug into the Mekong mud- will occur at the same time that the bamboo bridge will go. we all hope to be there when it happens and take pics: the exact date will depend on the amount of monsoon that falls ...
Meanwhile- little tourists, lots of friends. John took off to Malaysia last week- after a memorable- for what is remembered that is 'session' of booze and good cheer in pp. ( nobody did hit anybody- and i ended in the arms of an aging - German Hell's Angel- Cambodia Chapter- nothing untoward, a good hug. and they will visit soon: at least those guys pay for the damage they cause- unlike backpackers).
Meanwhile in KC: Dennis an old friend moved in he got an administrative job at KC at the university. Good fun, and many memories to share. Chicago Joe came down from Kratie during the election week end, there was a ban on booze- we and the rest of KC happily ignored it, and anyways- this town is CPP so it does not matter-), Dennis said that Joe was not a part of the ban he was an erection observer. (not election) anyways. so he was entiteld to beer. ( hmm.. nobody came to check because the whole town was sauced anyways- see the link to the pppost article i posted- i think...) i'll check if not i send it asap.
on the - not so bright side- i slipped on a piece of ice. ( how in the name of buddha? well, i smashed a block of ice for the esky: a piece got away, and i gobsmacked, on that one cracking my rib. it hurts...) :mrgreen:
all by all after five boring years of sollitude: things are back to normal again- yet define normal- as Joe would say.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
tan
don't judge book by the movie
tan
3rd Chair

Postby tan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:06 am

oeps, i double posted, so I'll send you a link to a picture of the Mp's nephews ' garden gnome' or at least part of it, as gnome is a bit over the
[img][img][[IMG]http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv145/tanjawlvisb/Picture031.jpg[/img]/img]
Image[/img]
fun when the daily floodingof our street occurs:
Dennis en Joe observing the er-le-whatever:
ad Pleung! our electricity just finked- yet again, gotta go ....
finally i did get thew garden gnome pic in place: the power outage did not help... everything here back to whatever normal is: we're off to the night market for dinner- as there is no tourists around anyways...
tan
tan
3rd Chair

Postby jamiebk » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:55 am

Tan...really great to see your pictures! And its nice to see you posting again. Do you get to stream Beethoven.com? What other websites do you visit?
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby tan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:59 pm

yesterday:
and then last night the bamboo bridge went... ferries to the island till the monsoon is over for us..

:shock:
tan
tan
3rd Chair

Postby tan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:08 pm

http://www.facebook.com/amazingcambo
this is a link all of us here vastly enjo.
and of course it is always fun on khmer 440- must be the most vicious expat site ever.
as for listening: do not get beethoven anymore, so classic minestoa radio it is.
the music in the bar is 60ties, jazz, classic rock with a happy sprinkling of tom lehrer and monty python and of course flora foster jenkins for the sheer fun of it. :mrgreen:
tan
tan
3rd Chair

Postby Shapley » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:03 am

So, are you on facebook? We have a Beethoven.com group page there, though it is pretty quiet. But several of us have found each other there.

I have a link to your blog on my page, though I haven't visited it in a while. Work and travel, and facebook's constant redesigns, have altered my posting habits.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby tan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:28 pm

would love to join you guys on facebook but can't quite find you yet: the two sites i found looked quite unlikely to be the ones...
:shock: :?:
tan
tan
3rd Chair

Postby Shapley » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:04 am

The group is called 'Beethoven BB'.

This link may take you there:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/20600 ... rk_t=group
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby tan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:00 am

'khmerobics' on the mekong.... khmers trying to loose weight: now, waddaya know: our 'poor war ravaged country'.... the latest craze in cambo (under the bridge of KC ) tImage
:mrgreen: :shock:
tan
tan
3rd Chair

Previous

Return to Culture Connections