Pray for Jenny

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Pray for Jenny

Postby dai bread » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:47 pm

Thanks TM. Kudos to your wife, then, in spades. Patience and perseverance work wonders if you can apply them, and she did.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:25 am

Jenny got through the surgery yesterday OK.
Vet said it went well.
She came home yesterday afternoon, was a bit wobbly in her walk but it was GREAT to get her home.

Doesn't like the bandage (coming off Thursday unless she pulls it off)
She has not yet really eaten anything, (seems disinterested right now)
But she has wagged her tail and is happy to be home!

We have anit-biotics and pain killers.
Hopefully she will sleep alot the next couple of days.

Thank you all for your continued prayers for Jenny!

TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:46 am

UPDATE! :-)

Jenny went to the vet yesterday and got a big thumbs up on the healing process!
The bandage can come off tomorrow.

Thanks again for ALL YOUR PRAYERS!

TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:07 am

Great news TM!
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:57 pm

jamiebk wrote:Great news TM!

I have a performance tomorrow at the American Band Conference in Poughkeepsie.

On my way home, I am stopping at Carvel and getting a cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

Jenny LOVES the soft Carvel Vanilla Ice Cream....
Have to make up for the weight she lost when she did not eat for 2 days.... :mrgreen:
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby barfle » Tue May 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Glad she's doing better, TM. I had an 18-year-old cat die about seven or eight years ago. She probably loved me more than any other creature outside of my wife. She doted on me like a high-school crush. Then one day I noticed that she was real boney (she wasn't fat to begin with, but was certainly cushy), and the vet said she had lung and liver cancer. She died about two months later.

Pets, like all of us, are temporary. It's probably not the way we would prefer it.
:grouphug:
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue May 01, 2012 3:58 pm

barfle wrote:Glad she's doing better, TM. I had an 18-year-old cat die about seven or eight years ago. She probably loved me more than any other creature outside of my wife. She doted on me like a high-school crush. Then one day I noticed that she was real boney (she wasn't fat to begin with, but was certainly cushy), and the vet said she had lung and liver cancer. She died about two months later.

Pets, like all of us, are temporary. It's probably not the way we would prefer it.
:grouphug:

I am so sorry to hear about your loss as well. When I met my wife she had two cats. Once died the fall of 1995 (she was 21)
the other was 18 as well.
The longevity comes from ALL the love we give them!

The thing that is so hard is they know something is wrong. You can see it in their faces and the way they communicate to you.

Jenny went to the vet yesterday and the she said her ear is healing very well.
Wants to see her in two weeks to take the stiches out...
Her once floppy ear now sags.... as some cartiledge was taken out.....
Her other ear goes upright when she hears things....

Yes... It is difficult...

We love them SO MUCH!!
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Fri May 04, 2012 10:32 am

Trumpetmaster wrote:Jenny LOVES the soft Carvel Vanilla Ice Cream....

Yeah well...so do I...lol
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri May 04, 2012 10:47 am

OMG - Last night.... Jenny decided she had enough of staying downstairs... It's been about a month since her last Vestibular episode.
Madamm... looked at me... grunted and proceeded to go UPSTAIRS on her own without any coaxing.....
We thought after the last episode, she was never going to go upstairs again... she seemed content to stay on the main floor of the house.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS...
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Fri May 04, 2012 12:08 pm

A wonderful turning point! Great news.
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:18 am

We need your prayers again for Jenny.

Wednesday night, during the storm, Jenny had great difficulty walking.
Thursday morning she did not want to get out of bed for her morning walk. I coax'd her, then gave her a little lift.
She got up and we did our walk in the back yard, not down the block as usual.

When I got home yesterday, my wife could not get her out of bed for her afternoon walk.
We assisted her up and took her in the backyard. She ate very little, and will drink water
when we bring it to her.

This morning, my wife got her up and I walked her in the back yard.
She recognizes us, wags her tail but seems afraid to get up as she appears to be weak and
her walk is very awkward and slow. I left her tucked in her bed and ready to go back to sleep.

She has a follow up appointment tomorrow with the vet from the surgery a month ago for her ear.
My fear is the time may be upon us as the quality of life is severly diminished. She gives us "the look"

Arthritis, old age appears to have finally caught up to our Jenny. She was OK Wednesday morning,
slow in her walk but alert, getting up on her own to eat and drink.
She is almost 16 now (about 110 years in people years)

We saved her 14 years ago from a shelter and she has provided years of unconditional love (something we humans need to learn)
and companionship.

I have seen reports on stem cell research and what a remarkable thing it has done for other dogs,
however, I do not want to prolong the inevitable for selfish reasons.

I cried driving into work this morning as I dread/fear tomorrow.
I have prayed to god every day to give us strength as Jenny has left a permanent impression on our hearts.

Knowing we saved her at 2 years of age, and given her the best possible life helps, but it will not fill that void.

It is almost 3 years now since one vet wanted to put her down and that vet was wrong.
We have been blessed with almost 3 additional years of love since that event occured.

Blessings and thanks to you all.

TM
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:12 am

I will pray for you all.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:45 am

Thanks.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:17 pm

My dear friends

It is with great sadness that I let you know our Jenny was granted eternal life at 1:30 PM today.

Words cannot express my thanks and gratitude for your prayers and support.

Our vet saw her this past Saturday and said to continue doing what we were doing to nurse
her back to health as there were no severe symptons.

She had stopped eating and drinking for a few days....then over the weekend ate some food
that was pureed in the blender. we were very hopeful at that , however, she threw it up
shortly after that...
We had been helping her get up to walk in the backyard. she was ok, slow, unsteady but determined
to take care of business outside.

she had continued to get worse and last night while outside in the backyard, she collapsed.
my wife and I carried her back in the house. she is 87 pounds... at that moment we knew
there was no hope.

Today was a difficult but miraculous day. Our vet came to the house early this afternoon with
her assistant and gracefully took care of putting Jenny to sleep. They then took her to the crematory for us.

The crematory called and took care of her right away and we had her ashes back in the house at 5 PM.

She is home with the lord. An angel of unconditional love that I pray we stupid humans can eventually learn from.

The emotion and loss is raw and hurts... but there is a big relief knowing she is at peace.

I want to thank you all for your prayers, support, and love over the years for our Jenny...

Eternally grateful..
TM
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:43 am

My condolences. At least she died knowing she was loved.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Shapley wrote:My condolences. At least she died knowing she was loved.

Thanks.
this morning was tough. I would walk her at 5 am all these years... no walk this morning was tough.
thanks again...
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby BigJon » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:33 am

So sorry . . .
Even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. – Me! Feb 9, 2001
BigJon
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:02 am

We found some old photo's of when she was a few years old.
plan to scan them to add to our digital picture frame.
I will try and post some of them asap.
She was a beatiful pup and I miss her dearly.

Tried to mentaly prepare for this day..... It does not work.....

Thanks to you all....

TM
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:06 am

Our dog (we're down to just one now) has eaten cat food for most of her life. I used to buy both dog and cat food, but the dogs would let the dog food rot if there was cat food available. The vet said it would not harm them, since they were outside dogs. Cat food is very high in fat content, so it's not good for dogs that get little exercise.

Recently, she took to disliking the cat food. I put out the usual amount, but she would not touch it unless really hungry. I purchased some dog food, and she seems to be happy again.

The cats are also eating less of the cat food. I have been buying the same brand for a long time. I am wondering if the formulation has changed. I will buy a different brand when I next buy cat food (we buy it in bulk, so it takes a while to deplete the stock). I will also keep buying dog food as long our dog will eat it.

I'm not sure why the sudden change in attitude toward the cat food, by both dogs and cats, unless there is something different about it. There is no advertising on the package announcing a 'new formula' or any such. It's curious.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Shapley wrote:Our dog (we're down to just one now) has eaten cat food for most of her life. I used to buy both dog and cat food, but the dogs would let the dog food rot if there was cat food available. The vet said it would not harm them, since they were outside dogs. Cat food is very high in fat content, so it's not good for dogs that get little exercise.

Recently, she took to disliking the cat food. I put out the usual amount, but she would not touch it unless really hungry. I purchased some dog food, and she seems to be happy again.

The cats are also eating less of the cat food. I have been buying the same brand for a long time. I am wondering if the formulation has changed. I will buy a different brand when I next buy cat food (we buy it in bulk, so it takes a while to deplete the stock). I will also keep buying dog food as long our dog will eat it.

I'm not sure why the sudden change in attitude toward the cat food, by both dogs and cats, unless there is something different about it. There is no advertising on the package announcing a 'new formula' or any such. It's curious.

they probably changed some ingrediants and did not mention it....
OR
I am sure our dear friends tastes change as peoples tastes change too!

:-)
Trumpetmaster
Patron

PreviousNext

Return to Culture Connections