Comments on Beethoven.com Selections

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Comments on Beethoven.com Selections

Postby Shapley » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:16 am

It's not unusual for the 'now playing' window to fail. I've noticed in the past that mine usually fails after a few hours of listening. I always thought it was a problem with my computer, but maybe not.

I've also noticed that there seem to a few limited selections that show up when it is in 'fail' mode. Right now it says 'The Sanguine Ones Waltz' is playing, though it is not. That one comes up a lot. So does 'King Cotton', and a few others that don't come to mind right now. It may be a software glitch that no one in house now knows how to repair, or that they don't find to be worth the bother, since it is only of benefit to that small handful of us who subscribe to the stream.

The failure to acknowledge requests, though, is very troubling. Part of the reason for subscribing to the stream is that they are an 'all request' classical music station. If they aren't going to be that any more, then we're paying them for a service they advertise but don't offer. I hope they'll consider that fact as they figure out where they are heading.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:07 pm

If they change the format and NO LONGER ACCEPT listener requests... I will cancel my subscription and listen to another internet radio station.
Praying it does not go down that path... but it sure looks that way to me....
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:48 am

Well... this is not good.
I sent a request in this morning and am still waiting...
It would be nice if there would be a response... but so far... NOTHING....
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:36 am

The 'Now Playing' window on the media player just seems to be on its own rotation - listing the same music in some continuous cycle with no regard to what is actually being played. If I were so inclined, and had the time, I would jot the music logged down and figure out what the repeat cycle is. Right now it says Gershwin's 'Cuban Overture' is playing. It isn't, and it hasn't. Earlier, it listed the ever-present 'Sanguine Ones Waltz', which also did not play, unless it actually sounds very much like 'Schindler's List' and I just didn't recognize it. 'King Cotton' was on the list earlier, as well, though I did not hear it, or any other march by Sousa that I recognized.

I thought yesterday it was merely lagging behind. But I'm recognizing the same selections in what appears at casual glance to be the same sequence, and which is not at all representative of the music actually being played.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:57 am

Shapley wrote:The 'Now Playing' window on the media player just seems to be on its own rotation - listing the same music in some continuous cycle with no regard to what is actually being played. If I were so inclined, and had the time, I would jot the music logged down and figure out what the repeat cycle is. Right now it says Gershwin's 'Cuban Overture' is playing. It isn't, and it hasn't. Earlier, it listed the ever-present 'Sanguine Ones Waltz', which also did not play, unless it actually sounds very much like 'Schindler's List' and I just didn't recognize it. 'King Cotton' was on the list earlier, as well, though I did not hear it, or any other march by Sousa that I recognized.

I thought yesterday it was merely lagging behind. But I'm recognizing the same selections in what appears at casual glance to be the same sequence, and which is not at all representative of the music actually being played.

you are correct..it appears like it is cycling through its "own" preset listing.
I know when the host(s) are not live, they record the program.
perhaps those left running the shop are not aware, OR if there is any IT support to fix.....

UGH...

Praying this works out..... as I have always loved listening to this radio station and ENJOYED the forum!!!
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:34 am

It seems to be operational now. It lists Chavez' "Sinfonia India", which is what is playing. I don't recall seeing it on the 'regular' rotation.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Shapley » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:26 am

Looks like it's back on its auto-listing rotation again. That seems to happen about the time of the Film at Eleven feature.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:39 pm

So much for "The World's Classical Radio Station"

If I want to listen to jazz.......

Where is my Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky??????????????????? etc/............................
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:13 am

A lot of different music today. Thanks!
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:45 am

Shapley wrote:A lot of different music today. Thanks!

this is ture! although....
I still get commercials.....
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:11 pm

Dancing Cheek to Cheek is now playing....

not that I don't like this BUTso much for Classical music....

SHOOT ME....
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:49 am

I must have missed that one. I've been listening all morning and have heard classical music and no commercials thus far.

I did hear the 'help wanted' ad again yesterday.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Schmeelkie » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:55 pm

Seem to finally have lost the commercials!
And heard a request from TM - so request line is working again!
Of course, that got us Peter and the Wolf for the first time in ages! oh, well.... I like the wolf music, at least.... ;-)
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Schmeelkie wrote:Seem to finally have lost the commercials!
Of course, that got us Peter and the Wolf for the first time in ages! oh, well.... I like the wolf music, at least.... ;-)

We will have to let Dan know... not to play Peter and the Wolf :-)
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:17 pm

Trumpetmaster wrote:
Schmeelkie wrote:Seem to finally have lost the commercials!

We will have to let Dan know... not to play Peter and the Wolf :-)

also, check out my post under Scott Birmingham topic it gives a lot more info.... :-)
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Previous

Return to Musical Notes