BEETHOVEN RADIO - Are You Still There???

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: BEETHOVEN RADIO - Are You Still There???

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:37 am

Shapley wrote:
Trumpetmaster wrote:What time did this occur?
I did not have a problem yesterday....

TM

Looking at the time of my post, it went out sometime before 3:00 P.M.
I listened to Beethoven's 7th on the free stream, and then switched back to the members' stream around 3:30 P.M.

I was in a meeting at that time.... that explains it.......
glad it came back....
I love the 128kbps stream!!!
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:32 am

Thanks for restoring the bulletin board! : )
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Shapley wrote:Thanks for restoring the bulletin board! : )

DITTO!!!
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:11 am

wooohooo...it's back
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby notesmom » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:46 am

I don't know quite where to post this, but it seems Beethoven (my very favorite radio station) is deteriorating badly! The site has had the SAME song posted on its' site for 2-3 weeks now (which means Win Media has same song posted (Beethoven's Piano Conc. 4-G major, Op. 58). I've tried emailing - no answer; the music log is non-existent (it's there but doesn't give any info); the site says 'domain is for sale'. What's happening???

No other station has quite the varied, eclectic assortment of music as Beethoven.com, which is why I love it! Please tell me what's going on?

Gini D. in Parkland, FL - notesmom@gmail.com
notesmom
Section Player

Postby Shapley » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:35 am

We've had some discussions on this over the past two months, though they are spread over several threads. You may want to click on Trumpetmaster's profile and read his comments, as he has been on top of it more than anyone. I think most of the topics are in the Scott Birmingham forum.

It seems Scott's leaving left them in a lurch, but they have promised to keep the station going. The music log is intermittent, at best, and has ben for some time. I kept a link to the music log to view what had played but, as you note, it has fallen into oblivion as well.

The music is still good, and they have the request line back again, so it may just be that we need to be patient. I think Chris, who took care of all the IT issues, has also left, which may explain why the logs and such are in the state they are in.

We long time subscribers have been hanging in there, hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

The 'For Sale' sign has been up for quite a while. I think I commented on it last year.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:08 am

Shapley wrote:We've had some discussions on this over the past two months, though they are spread over several threads. You may want to click on Trumpetmaster's profile and read his comments, as he has been on top of it more than anyone. I think most of the topics are in the Scott Birmingham forum.

It seems Scott's leaving left them in a lurch, but they have promised to keep the station going. The music log is intermittent, at best, and has ben for some time. I kept a link to the music log to view what had played but, as you note, it has fallen into oblivion as well.

The music is still good, and they have the request line back again, so it may just be that we need to be patient. I think Chris, who took care of all the IT issues, has also left, which may explain why the logs and such are in the state they are in.

We long time subscribers have been hanging in there, hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

The 'For Sale' sign has been up for quite a while. I think I commented on it last year.

YES
The music log will be fixed. They are going through some difficult times.
I have been emailing back and forth with Dan Burke. Our new host!
The b.com team is working at resolving the issues we have raised.
I am hanging in there as well.
TM
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:10 pm

I am still here, as well. I have been traveling the past few weeks, so I've had little chance to log in or post, but I read the bulletin board regularly.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:10 am

Shapley wrote:I am still here, as well. I have been traveling the past few weeks, so I've had little chance to log in or post, but I read the bulletin board regularly.

Hi Shapley.
Looks like the music log is fixed!
Been listening the past 2 weeks.
SO BUSY here at work it is ridiculous.
Concerts, rehearsals... and BTW - we adopted a 2nd dog....
will post when I can come up for some air... :-)
Hope all is well and your travels were safe!
TM
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:33 am

Glad to hear you have another dog. I hope he/she brings you as much joy as Jenny.

Our travels have been good. I was in Michigan two weeks ago and in Florida last week. I've been fortunate enough to be able to have the wife along. Since both trips fell around the weekend, we extended both to allow us a day or so of sightseeing.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:15 am

Shapley wrote:Glad to hear you have another dog. I hope he/she brings you as much joy as Jenny.

Our travels have been good. I was in Michigan two weeks ago and in Florida last week. I've been fortunate enough to be able to have the wife along. Since both trips fell around the weekend, we extended both to allow us a day or so of sightseeing.

Shapley,
We actually have 2 dogs now.
At the end of December, about 6 weeks after Jenny passed, we went to the shelter where we adopted Jenny.
They asked us for photos etc.... Took us on a tour of the facility to show us the upgrades as well as the damage from Superstorm Sandy.
The last stop was the small dogs house.
We wound up adopting a mini-pinscher mix, her name is Lily (she looks like a dachsund), but my wife loves mushy hound dogs and found Sophie from
an incredible group called Paws to the Rescue.

Lily is about 15 pounds, Sophie is about 34 pounds.
Lily is the boss and lets Sophie know it....

Lily is about 7 years old and Sophie is 2-3 years old.
We have to find a dog run for Sophie. She is VERY energetic and needs exercise.
Sophie needs a lot of training but in time, I am sure she will do well.

They are both sweet loves and angels from god who saved us.

TM
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Previous

Return to Helping Hand