Culture

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Culture

Postby priya978 » Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:19 pm

RAPING not rapping<BR>Two completely different things<BR>see I'm not too proud to admit my errors.
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby priya978 » Sun Oct 13, 2002 10:42 pm

I'm sorry if i've offended anyone in my first reply but i was just caught in the spurr of the moment-i was in a rage at that time.So please ignore the(those) remarks.PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASEx100000000. :(
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby EricMichaels » Mon Oct 14, 2002 6:35 am

Dude! Chill.<BR> :roll:
EricMichaels
4th Chair

Postby haggis » Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:24 am

I've read it all and thought about it. My brain is full now, may I be excused??
Haggis

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing
haggis
2nd Chair

Location: warm, humid, and wonderfully sticky Dallas, Texas!!

Postby tancred » Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:36 pm

Eugene A, do you snort that crap or shoot it into your veins? <BR>You, my friend, are a waste of carbon.
"What, the flames already?"<BR>The last words of Voltaire, a life-long atheist.
tancred
4th Chair

Postby priya978 » Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:49 pm

Neither Tancred<BR>It just comes naturally.I'm a debater,and when people talk crap about a generation they don't understand it's rather demented-just like this world (or more specificly YOU).I just don't like stereotypes;they would be okay if they didn't offend people but the fact of the matter is that they do,and whoever agrees,lets alone supports those demonic labels (which CERTAINly heinous people have created) deserve to burn to the darkest,hottest,deepest pit in hell for their dastardly (take that back-it's too nice)bastardly,insignificat life-that won't and hasn't amouted to anything. :mad: <P>The world is dark and CYNICAL-as am I. :mad:
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby priya978 » Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:12 pm

And you,my FIEND (opps i meant FRIEND-My bad) are just (plain and sinple) a WASTE.<P>Take that back (well not actually but....)<BR>you are a waste of whatever you are,because your certainly not human (ie carbon!!!!!) :mad:
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby barfle » Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:28 pm

Eugene, there's a phrase you've heard before, but WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE, I listened to the latest pop music, too. It was the Beatles, Beach Boys, Motown, stuff like that.<P>I pretty much thought Classical Music was a bunch of sleepy junk, but I found a few pieces that inspired me to listen to more and more and more.<P>I have to admit that I never really TRIED to like rap. It just came naturally to me that I didn't like it, and there's enough other stuff out there that I do like that it's not worth my time to cultivate a taste that I consider more base than I want to go. As I noted in an earlier post, I thought MC Hammer was pretty entertaining when he did "You Can't Touch This," but when he did a remake of "Have You Seen Her," I thought he just changed a beautiful love song into a complaint about how lonely his genitals were. And there's a lot of difference between love and sex.<P>So....I've become my parents. ;)
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby tancred » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:15 am

Eugene A, do you own a white truck or mini-van? Do you travel the DC metro area often? ;)
tancred
4th Chair

Postby EricMichaels » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:43 am

Folks, just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood moderator:<P>Keep it civil. You haven't quite crossed the line, but you're getting darn close.<P>Eric
EricMichaels
4th Chair

Postby audiogirl » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:26 pm

Here's a sterotype-breaker for ya:<P>I have a brilliant friend who has a PhD. in Russian history. She teaches at a small private college. She has the looks of Natalie Wood, the carriage and demeanor of a young Jackie O., and is one of the few women of my age group that I would call a true lady. (Sorry, guys. She's married.)<P>Her favorite music? Country.
audiogirl
3rd Chair

Postby priya978 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:53 pm

Do you guys think I act my own age?<BR>Or more easier do you people think I write and think like my own age?<P>Just curious if I'm Wierd?And I don't care if you say yes.So don't keep anything from stopping you.Actually I'de probably take it as a compliment.
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby barfle » Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:46 am

Eugene, you're wierd. Almost as wierd as I am, which means that I think you're probably intelligent and at least half way thoughtful. Of course, you're stuck being 13 years old for a while, but that changes.<P>I would have thought that you were fairly young (compared to me, Bach is young, but I'm not saying WHICH Bach) from reading your postings, particularly your opinions on Michael Jackson. Actually, I really like him as a radio commentator in LA, and he also writes a great beer magazine. I think you write pretty well for someone your age, and you have opinions on composers that I don't know enough about to express opinions. That means you've studied topics I haven't, and I congradulate you on that.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby audiogirl » Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:57 pm

Eugene, please interpret this as constructive. It comes straight from my motherly/teacher side.<P>You are to be commended for willingly exposing yourself to something other than pop culture. Conformity is overrated.<P>I get the feeling you're looking for some appreciation from someone for not being 'too cool' to listen to classical music and read classic literature. I, for one, appreciate it. However, your writing is sometimes difficult to read. Learning to use the space bar correctly would be a good start. <P>I love to talk about literature. E-mail me sometime---audiogirl@beethoven.com.<P>Ms. Jennifer (at least that's what my students call me.)<p>[ 10-16-2002: Message edited by: audiogirl ]
audiogirl
3rd Chair

Postby tancred » Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:08 pm

Audiogirl : Somerset Maugham's The Razor's Edge. Best. Book. Ever!!! :)
tancred
4th Chair

Postby priya978 » Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:35 pm

Well Ms. Jennifer when I type postings on this site I'm in a really hurry so I'm not trying to make it that great.Plus I don't have to get a grade for these postings so why should I care?I don't have to try to get an A+ so ahh a few mistakes are okay.
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby priya978 » Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:38 pm

Plus I know my writing is strange.It has a certain sytle where I just talk about one thing then it seems and sometimes I am switching to another topic.So maybe I am pretty hard to read. ;)
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby DavidEB310 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:34 pm

eugene a.,<P>As both a former teacher of High School English/Spanish, and as a current writer of technical documentation, I'm suggesting that you care (even if you're not being graded) about your writing. <P>Apathy and writing go hand in hand in today's world, unfortunately. Good writing skills make you a better communicator and with better communication, people will take you more seriously. Believe it or not, the little things do count -- even spelling. I'm not the perfect writer, and I too make mistakes, but it's not because I don't care. I, too, tend to rush my posts sometimes, but much of my rushing can be contributed to my very fast typing skills. I also think about 2 times faster than my pen too. That sometimes creates unfortunate miscommunication or results in misinterpretation. It's the difference between making a valid point or looking the true fool.<P>Care about your writing. Take the time to put your thoughts down (if not precisely, then at least carefully). We'll all be better off with posts that we can make sense of, enjoy, and respond to accordingly.<P>I think that Bulletin Boards and e-mail have made for better communication globally, but it has also condemned us to be more careless writers. Also, it's very easy to make mistakes when typing in a little box, nevertheless, take the time, care, and keep up the good work and the good words!<P> :)
DavidEB310
4th Chair

Postby audiogirl » Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tancred:<BR><STRONG>Audiogirl : Somerset Maugham's The Razor's Edge. Best. Book. Ever!!! :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks, tanc. BTW, love the costume.
audiogirl
3rd Chair

Postby tancred » Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:03 pm

You should see the new armor! Close to two grand worth of finery. I shall post a pic soon. ;)
tancred
4th Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Culture Connections