OperaTenor

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

OperaTenor

Postby dkm32 » Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:25 pm

I sure hope some of BB Imates don't consider this posting too irrelevant to post here. If you do...go get a life!<P>OperaTenor (Jim Boydston) was in a motorcycle accident Thursday evening. He is in the Critical Care Unit of Palomar Hospital in Escondido.<P>I just talked to him on the phone. He seems in good spirits...new meds!!! ;) His left shoulder is dislocated; left humerus is broken in two places and his left pelvis is broken in 5 places.<P>An 18 year old, driving his parents car, made a left turn into him. He flew 30 or so in the air and landed on his head. He was wearing a helmet.<P>In case you're interested:<BR> Palomar Hospital<BR> 555 E Valley Parkway<BR> Escondido, Ca 92025 <BR>Phone: (760) 739-3000
Donna
aka: Josef Strauss Nut
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Re: OperaTenor

Postby bignaf » Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:34 pm

ouch! that's not good. I hate eighteen year-old drivers. :( quick recovery.<p>[ 02-08-2003: Message edited by: bignaf ]
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby dai bread » Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:28 pm

Indeed. I'd send him an e-card if it would get to him. If he's in good spirits I guess it won't be long before he's back on board! Meantime, let's hope he mends well. Some do, some don't. :(
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby EJA » Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:07 pm

Thanks so much for letting us know, Donna. Jim is in my prayers. Say "Hi" to him for all of us if you talk to him again.
– EJA

Reality: An important truth test
EJA
3rd Chair

Postby priya978 » Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:35 pm

He must be happy, just what he needs, more meds. :( :D
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby gwleitner » Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:23 am

Jim moved to a regular room earlier this evening...no longer in critical care :) <BR>Phone calls still seem to be limited. I will find a way to get him your BB postings as soon as he is able. Make some music :o for him.....
gwleitner
Section Player

Postby dkm32 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:46 pm

This is for no other reason than to make this topic show up on top of the "Culture Connections" so people see the thread. So, ignore!<P>Gotta keep OT the main topic of conversation :eek:
Donna
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Postby dkm32 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:48 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Roadie:<BR><STRONG>I will find a way to get him your BB postings as soon as he is able. </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh, ma gosh! I just realize the implications of this!!! OT posting at a higher rate than before??? At least before he had to do <I>some</I> work every now and then. Now, <B>all</B> he'll have to do is BBB!!! I guess the bandwidth speed in So. Cal. will slow down because of this. :D
Donna
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Postby bignaf » Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:49 pm

I hope posts more that way he'll save me from the dishonor of being the most frequent poster on BBB. the shame! I average 5 posts a day.
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby barfle » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:24 am

Donna, thanks for the info, and if you get a chance, tell him that I hope for his speedy and <I>complete</I> recovery.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby bigjoel » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:07 am

I'd like to thank you as well Donna. Tell him I wish him the best if you don't mind. Thanks again.
The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working when you get up in the morning, and doesn't stop until you get to the office. <BR>-Robert Frost
bigjoel
4th Chair

Postby Bones » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:55 am

Thanks for the info. Please add my concern to what has already been expressed. The board is poorer without OT's posts.
"I try to think, but nothing happens!" - Curly Howard
Bones
3rd Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:01 pm

Best Wishes!! Everyone at Beethoven wishes you a quick recovery and to get better soon! We miss your daily calls Jim! Please get better soon. From Dan, Eric and myself please get better and call us when you get a chance.<P>And as someone who rides bikes too... Damn car drivers! They never pay attention to bikes at all. Did they arrest the evil 18 year old?
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby Shapley » Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:09 pm

I wish him a full and speedy recover.<P>Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby audiogirl » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:33 pm

Donna, Roadie, please add me to the list of get-well wishers. Jim is in my prayers.<P>Tell our OT he can consider himself (gently) cyber-hugged. :)
audiogirl
3rd Chair

Postby dkm32 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:53 pm

Hi, all!<P>I went to visit OT. He wasn't in his room when I got there. He was down getting x-rays and a cat scan (found the brain, didn't know what to do with it :roll: ) . When they brought him back he was in a bit of discomfort, but better than I would have thought. Better than I think I would have been considering. To be honest, considering what he when through, he is a great shape! Bless those helmets...and, please, never ride without one!!! TRUTH: Without a helmet, we would be speaking in the past about Jim. His head hit the curb.<P>He was really great nurses. They harass the heck out of him...which you know means that they think he's going to be fine.<P>As stated before, he has a dislocated shoulder, his humerous is broken in two places, his pelvis is broken in five, his left knee has torn ligaments and maybe broken. They are monitoring each leg for pulse and blood circulation. (All toes are black'n'blue.)<P>He showed me the hardware he now wears: They pin'd his pelvis and there are two rod holding them in place. Big rods! :mad: :mad: :mad: She felt sorry for the 18 year old who hit Jim!!! (BTW: Jim's nurse is going to report this to the hospital board.)<P>His Opera Season is over, but he is hoping to be on his feet (an back to hawking motorcycle parts at the BMW dealership) in a matter of months. The Opera Director says he has a place next season.<P>He thanks everyone for the card and flowers! He was really touched.<P>I'll pass on all messages.<p>[ 02-10-2003: Message edited by: dkm32 ]
Donna
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Postby dkm32 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:11 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nicole Marie:<BR><STRONG>And as someone who rides bikes too... Damn car drivers! They never pay attention to bikes at all. </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The kid is saying that Jim didn't have his headlight on...Gotcha! The Escondido Police KNOW Jim had his headlight on and have impounded it as envidence. (Escondido Police are on his side and have visited him [as friends] in the hospital).<P>Don't damn all car drivers, Nicole. I don't ride motorcycles...I ride horses. Kinda the same problem. But I also come from a family of motorcyclist (My dad romanced my mom on a Harley! In South Dakota :eek: :eek: :eek: !). And, lots of my friends ride bicycles. There are some of us car drivers out there that watch out for two-wheelers and four-hoof transportation. Unfortunately, too many don't. We need to educate them!!! <P>BTW, Nicole, Jim Says "Hi!".
Donna
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Postby bignaf » Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:52 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dkm32:<BR><STRONG>One thing that I think stinks to high heaven: The X-Ray tech told Jim she had no simpathy for Motorcyclist...they get what they deserve. :mad: :mad: :mad: She felt sorry for the 18 year old who hit Jim!!! (BTW: Jim's nurse is going to report this to the hospital board.)<BR>[ 02-10-2003: Message edited by: dkm32 ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>what buisness do #### techs have with having #### opinions about #### things that don't #### concern their #### self. disgusting #### ####.<BR>do you know if I can call him by phone? if yes, when?<BR>send my wishes for speedy and complete recovery. tell him to keep his smile! in a locked safe so #### technicians won't steal it.
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby owlice » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:18 pm

Please add my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, and if there's a good address for sending cards to, please let me know. Thank you!
owlice
4th Chair

Postby barfle » Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:44 am

Donna, I got him a card, but if he's moving to another hospital would they forward it?<P>That X-ray tech sounds like a real @#$%%$#!!#%^%$#!!! He has the bedside manner of Atilla.<P>I was in a wreck with a semi while I was riding a 10-speed about 25 years ago. One more case of a motorist not realizing that there are non-traditional vehicles out there. I didn't get hurt anywhere nearly as bad as OT - I got out of the hospital in two days. And helmets for bicyclists were very rare at that time.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Next

Return to Culture Connections