GLADIATOR

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: GLADIATOR

Postby JasonK » Fri Jan 05, 2001 9:13 am

Right....now Peter, Rugby is a testosterone sport, indeed! I am familiar to the game, in fact I had the honor of being one of a group of fellows to start our University's team here in the States. So, I am an ambassador of Rugby in a way. Was Right Prop in the scrum...talk about a hard game, when the scrum started wheeling, it was a long day to say the least!!!! That is my contribution and legacy to my alma mater....One of the founding fathers of the rugby team with my brother Brian.....that and a whole bunch of demerits for raucous behavior in the dorms...but that is a story for another time... <P>Dman - if you do not know the sport, you should check it out....testosterone to the max and no subsititutions throughout the half!! Best thing though, it is a custom and a solemn duty for both teams to go to a pub after the game for a pint or two. On the home teams tab....God, I loved that post game stuff.<P>You could come to the post game as well Nicole, all the Merlot you care to have - on the tab of course.<P>This is truly a great forum...cheers to you three!!!
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby Peter » Sat Jan 06, 2001 9:15 pm

Jason, we are very impressed that you know all about rugby! Keep up the entertaining posts Image<P>Regards,<P>Peter & Clare
Peter
3rd Chair

Postby Scotty » Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:39 am

Alrighty then....into the fray.....how did this start......ahh yes Maximus......you have to love the name but that goes on.....Maximus Desimus Meridious.......kind of blows you away huh? I can hear the riders coming already, the impending doom.....Or is that the 9?.....okay Peter how about a pint and say a game o cricket?
Scotty
5th Chair

Postby Peter » Sun Jan 07, 2001 9:07 pm

Beam me up, Scotty! Yeah, a transatlantic game of cricket (the greatest sport on Earth). My team will have me, Michael, Lliam, Clare Image... &.....er.....seven others (?). You can pick your eleven from the most fair-minded North American posters on this site: Shos, Leslie Image Serge, etc.<P>I suggest a 50 overs per side contest. Winner takes all (the plaudits). We`ll see you on the village green at 10 a.m. sharp tomorrow - Lord`s was already booked.
Peter
3rd Chair

Postby sherouse » Sun Jan 07, 2001 11:16 pm

I'll bring all the Merlot you want, Nicole! <P>- Sherouse :-)<BR>Founder & President, Nicole Marie Fan Club<BR>Van, Beethoven USA<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nicole Marie:<BR><B>If I can come to dinner with you guys, I'll even give the hidden secrets of women! But I do Merlot not beer...is that O.K.?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
sherouse
5th Chair

Postby JasonK » Mon Jan 08, 2001 8:56 am

Peter,<P>My knoweldge of rugby is one of the benefits of a classical education...it is a fun sport and plenty tough enough to qualify for an entry on to the Gladiator board...we also got all the women too, very impressed with our prowess in the scrum Image..A part of the game goes with me everywhere I go, like a knee problem I got from getting spiked there!!! When you think about it, that is allot of trouble to go to, just to get a free pint....Hope to make it to the Six Nations tourney some year.
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby JasonK » Mon Jan 08, 2001 8:57 am

Where are my manners, I almost forgot again....Hello Clare and Silence woman!!!
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby dman » Wed Jan 10, 2001 8:39 am

HEY! When did a discussion about Gladiator get turned into Rugby and Cricket? What about Moto cross, and moster truck rallies!?!?! OOOOOOOHHHHHHH yeah baby!! Hey Nicole Marie, leave all those fake snotty sports and come see a real one with me. PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING! Now that is a real mans sport! You guys need to get out and live. You can't call it a sport unless there is foul language, beer, and a lot of showin' off for the ladies. You know women are more attracted to sweaty mean who belch when they are drunk. (they don't teach you that in ivy league schools)
dman
5th Chair

Postby JasonK » Wed Jan 10, 2001 8:46 am

Finally, The King of Cheap Ploys has come back to the Gladiator page!!!<P>Dman,<P>You just keep talking, my man, and I will lay the smack down from my ivy covered ivory tower! Just Bring it. Get ready for the Rock Bottom....<P><BR>You have a point, a person, to be truly educated must know all aspects of the world in which he lives....good point.
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby dman » Wed Jan 10, 2001 9:08 am

Unfortunately work is killing me. I am on the mergers and acquisitions team for AlliedSignal. I was still trying to clean up our purchase of Honeywell, when GE decided to buy us. As you can imagine, it is a mess. We are trying to merge 2 behemoths with a combined half million employee work force making us the largest company in the world, and they expect us not only to do this without any problems, but on time as well! Sometimes I wish I could take all the Execs to a monster truck rally so they could step back into reality. I did so miss my Maximus page. I will definitely buy that DVD this weekend.
dman
5th Chair

Postby xruntime » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:02 pm

Just want to express my infatuation with the Gladiator music. Every track (especially "Now We Are Free") is just amazing.
xruntime
Section Player

Postby Serenity » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:19 pm

Where did this thread come from all of a sudden? A YRH fan club!....Can I join! Nicole, are you into the Pinot Noir fad?

What's more "testosteronish"....Rugby or HOCKEY?! Hey "wrestling fan".......do you enjoy Mexican wrestling? How about Ultimate Fighting? :flex:

I like "The Battle" and "Am I Not Merciful?" the best
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:06 am

Hello, xruntime. Welcome to the B.com BB! I like the Gladiator soundtrack (and the movie) as well. Some of Zimmer's best work, IMHO. I also enjoy the King Arthur soundtrack, as well although, at times, I get the sense that Zimmer is just re-writing Gladiator (I get the same impression with his Pirates of the Caribbean II soundtrack, as well).

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Serenity » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:25 pm

Thanks for the Gladiator tracks Beethoven Radio! ....Especially "Am I Not Merciful"....Did you program that after reading these Gladiator posts yesterday? ...because, if you did, then....that was TOTALLY AWESOME! :headphones:
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby xruntime » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:30 pm

Nah, I actually requested it too 8)
xruntime
Section Player

Previous

Return to Musical Notes