Stump Nicole Marie (Quiz II)

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Stump Nicole Marie (Quiz II)

Postby JasonK » Thu Feb 15, 2001 1:55 pm

Ok, so you are doing it all on your own, we can respect that but here is one that you really need to be a complete and master student of classical music to get:<P>For a kazoo autographed by Barry Gibb:<P>What composer does Don Music pay homage to when playing his music?<P>What composer does Rowlf have a bust of on his piano?<P>Here is a hint, both characters are muppets....the clock is ticking...hmmmmmm<P><BR>
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby The Riddler » Thu Feb 15, 2001 2:39 pm

Oh oh oh oh! I know this one!! Let me know when this question is available for the studio audience.
The Riddler
5th Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Thu Feb 15, 2001 2:40 pm

JasonK-<P>Not worth my time! I am a women of time. Time is money. Give me something worth playing for, then we'll talk!<P> Image
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby The Riddler » Thu Feb 15, 2001 2:41 pm

OUCH!!!
The Riddler
5th Chair

Postby JasonK » Thu Feb 15, 2001 2:54 pm

guess she dosen't know it then......kinda like the which weighs more question, pound of feathers or a pound of bricks? It is a stumper....although at this point she would probably prefer to drop the bricks on my head........<P><BR>answer please????
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby The Riddler » Thu Feb 15, 2001 3:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nicole Marie:<BR><B>JasonK-<P>Not worth my time! I am a women of time. Time is money. Give me something worth playing for, then we'll talk!<P> Image</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>TRANSLATION:<BR>I have no idea Image<P>
The Riddler
5th Chair

Postby JasonK » Thu Feb 15, 2001 3:11 pm

That's ok, she could blow me away in any of the real classical music questions any day....I realize that, so I had to put in a zinger just to even the odds and make myself feel better......so kudos to Nicole, when all is said and done, I cannot play in her league.<P>however, having said that, the offer for the autographed kazoo is still valid and open!
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby EJA_2 » Thu Feb 15, 2001 5:32 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nicole Marie:<BR><B>I am a women of time<BR> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Uh. . . Subject/Verb agreement in number?<BR>Just kidding. . . <P>But honestly, see if you can find this story about the Moonlight Sonata. It is very touching. <P> -- Ethan Adams<BR>
EJA_2
4th Chair

Postby shostakovich » Thu Feb 15, 2001 5:49 pm

This column is a delight. I've gotten my share of chuckles right here. I'm just wondering if any of you guys has a real job --- or is jousting with Nicole IT? Big smile.<BR>Shos
shostakovich
1st Chair

Postby The Riddler » Fri Feb 16, 2001 9:26 am

I am currently working as an "Annoyance Technician". My current projects include:<BR>-My Parents<BR>-Nicole Marie<BR>-Visiting Hockey Teams to Nashville<BR>Past successful projects include:<BR>-Ex Girlfriends<BR>-Professors<BR>-Other radio DJs<P>It is a full time job that takes the energy out of you. Nicole Marie is one of my toughest "clients". She's a pistol. Very bright too. Image
The Riddler
5th Chair

Postby JasonK » Fri Feb 16, 2001 9:33 am

Hey Nicole,<P><BR>Ok, <P>Instead of the autographed kazoo by Barry Gibb, how about two tickets to Hartford's premier of "Sid Knishes and his Mashing Potatoes"<P>....they are hot tickets, and I hear Knishes does a inspired interpretation of Firebird. Worth your time?
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby JasonK » Fri Feb 16, 2001 9:43 am

Ohhh, and I have no job, I live in a van down by the river....I connect to the internet by running an extension cord from my pals Bud and Sissy Davis' double wide trailer.....and unlike the riddler I have no successful past projects.
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Fri Feb 16, 2001 10:44 am

Now we're talking Jason! Rowlf's fav composer was Poochini...(looked that one up on the Muppets Web sight!) As for the bust well...no one knows? It looks like Beethoven but I could be wrong. Do I still win?
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby JasonK » Fri Feb 16, 2001 10:47 am

You are right, it is Poochini, and I will give you that it is a bust of Beethoven....he is the music critic.....but you have not won yet....remember the Don Music question, what piece can he never play?<p>[This message has been edited by JasonK (edited 02-16-2001).]
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby JasonK » Fri Feb 16, 2001 10:48 am

I cannot believe that all you scholars of music and culture can not get this one......c'mon now....
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby JasonK » Fri Feb 16, 2001 10:48 am

the gauntlet has been thrown.....<p>[This message has been edited by JasonK (edited 02-16-2001).]
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby EJA_2 » Fri Feb 16, 2001 12:04 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shostakovich:<BR><B>This column is a delight. I've gotten my share of chuckles right here. I'm just wondering if any of you guys has a real job --- or is jousting with Nicole IT? Big smile.<BR>Shos</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Well, my JOB <I>is</I> IT. But I would say that jousting with Nicole is not IT. Kind of a pun. Some will get it some won't. For the unenligthened: IT = Information Technology. Well, I guess we're dealing with information and technology here, but I don't think that's quite what my boss had in mind. . . . . . so most of the time I read this stuff at home, formulate witty replies on the way to work, and gattling-gun my keyboard when I have a spare second. <P> -- Ethan Adams<BR>
EJA_2
4th Chair

Postby EJA_2 » Fri Feb 16, 2001 2:22 pm

I have here the story on Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata which I asked Nicole Marie to regurgitate. <BR>Nicole, would you like me to post it here, or would you like more time? I'll give you some hints. The story is set in Bohn, Germany, and the author is unknown. It involves a shoemaker, a blind girl, a decrepit harpsichord, and, of course Beethoven and the moonlight. <P> -- Ethan Adams
EJA_2
4th Chair

Postby JasonK » Fri Feb 16, 2001 2:35 pm

I believe the story you are referring to is the story, "For the Love of Ingrid and Aloysius Snuffleupagus". I believe the shoemaker's name was Ghepetto?<P>Sorry, don't want to steal your thunder, but I often don't know that answers to these questions. <p>[This message has been edited by JasonK (edited 02-16-2001).]
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby EJA_2 » Fri Feb 16, 2001 4:31 pm

Originally posted by JasonK:<BR><B>I believe the story you are referring to is the story, "For the Love of Ingrid and Aloysius Snuffleupagus". I believe the shoemaker's name was Ghepetto?</B><BR>What in the &*$$ are you talking about? What I am talking about has nothing to do with the muppets, and Gheppeto, as far as I know, was a wood carver in the story Pinnochio! Can you sort of elucidate some of the above cryptic statements? You've got my curiosity up. <BR><B>Sorry, don't want to steal your thunder, but I often don't know that answers to these questions.</B> <BR>NP<P> -- Ethan Adams<p>[This message has been edited by EJA (edited 02-16-2001).]
EJA_2
4th Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Nicole Marie