New Idea for your show

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

New Idea for your show

Postby EJA_2 » Thu Feb 15, 2001 5:27 pm

Nicole and friends,<BR> I just walked into my office and heard the flower duet playing on Sir Stewarts show. I wondered how many people out there would know it was the flower duet. Our local classical radio station has an all requests program on the first Friday of each month. Every month its the same: a zillion requests for the flower duet. So, you see, I know the flower duet when I hear it. Anyhow, as I was thinking about that it ocurred to me: you should start a new feature called Nicole's Revenge. You play some obscure -- but good -- piece and don't tell anyone what it is. Then all these smarty-pants types would have to e-mail you their paltry guesses. You could do it say once a week for an hour and give beethoven.com hats, t-shirts, or mousepads for the prizes (I have all three coming, but that's another story. . . ). If nobody could guess, you would keep them in suspense until the next week's show. Hmmm. I like it. Anyone? <P> -- Ethan Adams<BR>
EJA_2
4th Chair

Re: New Idea for your show

Postby shostakovich » Thu Feb 15, 2001 5:38 pm

Good idea, Ethan. I heard the "flower duet" today, too. But flower duet FROM WHAT?<BR>Shos
shostakovich
1st Chair

Postby JasonK » Fri Feb 16, 2001 9:12 am

Answer....What is Lakme, Shos?<P>okay, I'll take classical compositions by Marvin Suggs and his Amazing Muppephones, for $1000, Shos. Hope this is a daily double, I know everything about Suggs.
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby shostakovich » Fri Feb 16, 2001 9:28 am

Hi Jason. This one wasn't meant to be a quiz, although the Nicole columns have turned in that direction. I'm looking for the answer because I flat out DON'T KNOW. It was familiar, but from what?<BR>Shos
shostakovich
1st Chair

Postby JasonK » Fri Feb 16, 2001 9:35 am

It is Lakme....going for that Jeopardy flavor.
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby shostakovich » Fri Feb 16, 2001 9:37 am

I just checked the What Wuzzit column, and the composer was Delibes, so you are probably right, Jason.<BR>Shos
shostakovich
1st Chair

Postby JasonK » Fri Feb 16, 2001 9:39 am

It is actually a favorite piece of mine, you can find it within Lakme....and now there is one to grow on.
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby shostakovich » Fri Feb 16, 2001 9:39 am

Cripe-O, Jason. I missed your jeopardy-flavored message in between our posts. Thanks, and take care.<BR>Shos
shostakovich
1st Chair

Postby EJA_2 » Fri Feb 16, 2001 12:17 pm

The Flower Duet by Leo Delibes is from his opera Lakme which was about a British officers love affair with a Brahmin priest's daughter. <P>I guess there is another flower duet by Puccini from Madame Butterfly which I can't seem to recall at all. Maybe Nicole will play that for us.<P>What does anybody else think of my idea above? I think she should do this every Friday at 12:20 EST, after lunch so she's not <I>too</I> mean. And just one piece per week. <P> -- Ethan Adams<P>
EJA_2
4th Chair

Postby John » Fri Feb 16, 2001 12:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EJA:<BR><B>... you should start a new feature called Nicole's Revenge....</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ethan:<P>I LOVE it! It's time for Nicole to turn the tables on the barrage of trivia into a great learning opportunity!!!!<P>John<P><BR>
John
4th Chair

Postby EJA_2 » Sat Mar 31, 2001 10:26 pm

Yah know, I still think this is a good idea. Just wanted to resurrect it one last time. . . <P>Maybe it should be modified, but the core idea of playing a piece and making everyone guess really appeals to me. Once a week would be often enough. Or the same piece, or parts thereof accompanied by a hint every day. Start on Monday and give us til Friday to figure out. <P>I suppose you don't need more work, Nicole? Have Shos pick the pieces for you, if you are feeling lazy. Image<P> -- EJA
EJA_2
4th Chair

Return to Nicole Marie