Boot Camp

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Boot Camp

Postby Nicole Marie » Thu Mar 29, 2001 9:14 am

Who tuned in to Boot Camp last night? I did and loved it, but then again I'm an army brat! I'm going to go sign up now, tell me what you thought. Image
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Re: Boot Camp

Postby EJA_2 » Thu Mar 29, 2001 1:30 pm

My cousin went to boot camp. . . <P>Sorry -- that is about as relevant as I can get. You know how I don't watch TV, etc. <P>My cousin said that boot camp was one of the best things that ever happened to him. One of his complaints was that there was plenty of food, but they purposefully never gave him enough time to eat it. He said he hurt himself lots of time trying to get enough down. Funny thing is whenever he grouses about boot camp, that's the only story he tells. If that's the worst thing that happened to him, I think he had it pretty soft. <P> -- EJA
EJA_2
4th Chair

Postby LatinMan » Thu Mar 29, 2001 8:13 pm

I tuned in and I loved it! Of course for me it was a trip down memory lane. I was in the Corps from 90 to 94. It was exciting seeing everybody go through a miniscule of what we Marines had to endure for 3 months. It's a lot different of course on tv. But it was fun to see the yelling and seeing Meyer get what he deserves! I can't stand that guy he is such a snake. If he'd been in the real Corps he never would of made it the first month of boot camp. <BR>The one thing I am upset about is that Fox wont allow anyone with prior military experience to participate. I know something people might think they would have an unfair advantage but that's just not true. First it's a game where anybody can be voted off. And as the first episode proves just because you're athletic and have a can-do attitude that doesn't mean you'll stick around. In fact a lot of military people would probably get booted first because they would go in thinking that it's a peice of cake. Well at least Marines because no other service goes through what we go through. Anyway Fox should change that rule I'm not exactly in the same shape I was back in '94. I don't exactly run 5 miles a day anymore wanting to run more. <P>
LatinMan
Section Player

Postby Nicole Marie » Fri Mar 30, 2001 3:50 pm

Sounds like you want to sign up for Boot Camp 2! Good Luck Latinman! I'd like to see if I have what it takes to go through it too. Anyone else?
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby EricMichaels » Thu Apr 12, 2001 8:22 am

I think the fascinating thing about BC is that the contestant that's been voted out gets to take someone with them. Imagine how that would have changed the dynamics of Survivor...<BR>Speaking of which, what does everybody think of the suit that CBS has filed against Fox, saying that BC is a direct rip-off of Survivor? Seems to me that most of the reality shows have borrowed from Survivor. Why pick on Boot Camp?
EricMichaels
4th Chair

Return to Nicole Marie