Blue Danube

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Blue Danube

Postby jakazmi » Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:03 am

Hi Nicole,<BR>I've noticed that The Blue Danube is played excessively. Any reason for it? I like the piece myself but it is played way too often.<P>Also, your hour is my favorite part of the show. :>
jakazmi
Section Player

Re: Blue Danube

Postby dkm32 » Fri Sep 07, 2001 7:54 am

As I sit here in my "Johann Strauß" t-shirt that I got in Vienna, I would like to say: The only reason they seem to play too much "Blue Danube" :roll: is because they don't play enough other pieces by Johann and nowhere near enough Josef Strauß.<P>Just my 2¢<p>[ 09-07-2001: Message edited by: dkm32 ]
Donna
aka: Josef Strauss Nut
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Postby audiogirl » Fri Sep 07, 2001 8:11 am

Ooooh! Vienna! Color me green, 'cause I'm jealous.<P>My guess about a flood of The Beautiful Blue Danube is that it's requested a a lot. :)
audiogirl
3rd Chair

Postby Sir Stewart » Mon Sep 10, 2001 8:28 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamal1:<BR><STRONG>Hi Nicole,<BR>I've noticed that The Blue Danube is played excessively. Any reason for it? I like the piece myself but it is played way too often.<P>Also, your hour is my favorite part of the show. :></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>'excessively' is in the eye of the beholder!<P>Sir Stew<p>[ 09-10-2001: Message edited by: Sir Stewart ]
Sir Stewart
4th Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon Sep 10, 2001 11:51 am

I play the piece as I get requests for it! Send in a request during my shift and I'll play it for you, that's what I love about Beethoven Radio, we play your requests!
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Return to Nicole Marie