Happy Thanksgiving!

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Happy Thanksgiving!

Postby Nicole Marie » Tue Nov 20, 2001 4:00 pm

TO all- <P>Have a great holiday and fun with family and friends, that's what holiday's are for. Free a turkey and eat veggies instead. ;)<P>Nicole Marie
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Postby niccolo_paganini » Tue Nov 20, 2001 4:41 pm

yeah right I'm eatin turkey
niccolo_paganini
4th Chair

Postby shostakovich » Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:53 pm

Hi Nicole. I'm with you. Forego the turkey. TALK turkey, listen to Turkey in the Straw, but let the critters live. Some years ago, my wife fashioned a turkey shape out of tofu and baked it. Now we just do veggie burgers.<BR> Happy Thanksgiving all.<BR>Shos
shostakovich
1st Chair

Postby EricMichaels » Wed Nov 21, 2001 8:24 am

Tofurkey? Ugh! :p
EricMichaels
4th Chair

Postby treebeau » Wed Nov 21, 2001 10:09 am

Yeah,<P>Happy Thanksgiving Peter and Clare, Lliam, and Michael.<BR> ;) <P>Regards,<BR>Tim B.
treebeau
2nd Chair

Postby Crystal » Wed Nov 21, 2001 11:26 am

Hey, <BR>I'm all for you vegetarians not eating turkey. This decreases the amount of tofu in the world and leaves more turkey for me!<P>Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
"I think I think, therefore, I think I am."
Crystal
5th Chair

Location: Pick one: Missouri, Mississippi, Germany, California

Postby niccolo_paganini » Wed Nov 21, 2001 12:07 pm

The purpose of animals is to be eaten be humans
niccolo_paganini
4th Chair

Postby BigCharles » Wed Nov 21, 2001 3:08 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by niccolo_paganini:<BR><STRONG>The purpose of animals is to be eaten be humans</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And the purpose of humans is to be eaten by ...<P><BR>... the IRS!<P>Happy T Day everyone!
ATB<P>Charles Kincaid
BigCharles
Section Player

Postby EJA » Wed Nov 21, 2001 5:23 pm

I'm a meat eater, but all of that aside; what about this stuff called "Tofurkey?" I'm thinking that may be in line for worst brand name/trademark of the year. What do you think?
– EJA

Reality: An important truth test
EJA
3rd Chair

Postby niccolo_paganini » Wed Nov 21, 2001 6:27 pm

we are to be eaten by no one.
niccolo_paganini
4th Chair

Postby lliam » Fri Nov 23, 2001 11:35 am

Thank's treebeau, but we don't have Thanksgiving, but we do have Turky on Christmas Day.<P> I was very interested in the History about Salem (if it's the same one) about the Witch Hunt's, and buildings that are Haunted, do you know of any Haunted buildings?<P>Lliam.<BR> :o ;) :eek:
Lliam.

I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted - George Best
lliam
2nd Chair

Postby treebeau » Mon Nov 26, 2001 10:24 am

Howdy,<P>My message about Thanksgiving was tongue in cheek, knowing it is an American tradition, All of you are regular posters to these boards and I was trying to make a joke.<P>I live in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The Salem you are interested in is in Massachusetts. However, there is a historic section here called "Old Salem" ( <A HREF="http://www.oldsalem.org" TARGET=_blank>http://www.oldsalem.org</A> ) which was started by Moravians a few hundred years ago. There are residences there that are said to have their ghosts but it doesn't seem to get any press. One only learns of this by taking a tour.<P>The Moravians are a religious group originally from somewhere in Germany. Sorry I don't know the history well. Their buildings in Old Salem are very well preserved post and beam structures. Whenever I have guests I take them there and tell how the structures were cut and fitted on the ground, etched with marks identifying where each timber goes, then raised. You can easily see the markings.<P>Regards,<BR>Tim B.
treebeau
2nd Chair

Postby lliam » Mon Nov 26, 2001 5:22 pm

Hi, treebeau, that's a very interesting site, I will have to spend an hour at the weekend navigating it. Sorry I didn't get the joke. I'll pay more attention nex time.<BR> :-)<BR>Speaking of Jokes as anyone heard this one.<P> There was this cannibal who went on a two week vacation, when he arrived back home after the holiday, he was minus an arm and a leg, when his friend asked what on earth had happened, the reply came,'I forgot, it was a self catering holiday'.<P>Lliam. <P> <P> :) ;) :cool:<p>[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: lliam ]
Lliam.

I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted - George Best
lliam
2nd Chair

Postby Peter » Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:43 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by treebeau:<BR><STRONG>Yeah,<P>Happy Thanksgiving Peter and Clare, Lliam, and Michael.<BR> ;) <P>Regards,<BR>Tim B.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I say, Timothy, you're sense of humour could almost be described as "British". <P>In the UK, we don't have Thanksgiving, but our Queen does have an "official" birthday (she has two birthdays each year) which is celebrated by civil servants and uncivil servants alike.
Peter
3rd Chair

Postby Peter » Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:45 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lliam:<BR><STRONG><P> There was this cannibal who went on a two week vacation, when he arrived back home after the holiday, he was minus an arm and a leg, when his friend asked what on earth had happened, the reply came,'I forgot, it was a self catering holiday'.<P>Lliam. <P></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Q: What do you call a gorilla that's good with clay?<P>A: Hairy Potter!<P> :roll:
Peter
3rd Chair

Return to Nicole Marie