Open Studio Weekend

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Open Studio Weekend

Postby Nicole Marie » Fri Apr 12, 2002 1:01 pm

Come and hang out with Beethoven Radio on May 4th and 5th at Open Studio Weekend in Hartford. Open Studio is an opening of artists galleries and lofts. It's your chance to see artists in their studio's, talk with them and if you want... buy original artwork.<P>I love this weekend and the artists. Click here to read more and to link to the Open Studio site. Oh did I mention it's free? <P>See you there!<BR> <A HREF="http://www.beethoven.com/openstudio.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.beethoven.com/openstudio.htm</A>
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Re: Open Studio Weekend

Postby audiogirl » Fri Apr 12, 2002 3:03 pm

Hey, Nicole.<P> I forked out quite a few bucks for an original oil some years ago. Although the artist wasn't famous, I have never regretted buying the painting. I loved it, and there just isn't anything like an original.<P>Consider me there in spirit!
audiogirl
3rd Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:31 pm

I'm with you AudioGirl! I love owning original artwork. Sure there's nothing like hanging a great print of a Picasso on the wall but...<P>In my home what really attracts friends and family when they visit is original pieces. Plus you support artists. If you are not to familiar with artist in your area, keep your eyes open for events like Open Studio. It's a great way to meet the artists and find work you enjoy! <P>Does anyone else enjoy original work as much as AudioGirl and myself?
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby barfle » Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:50 pm

We have several original lithographs in our collection, and my wife is an outstanding photographer and sketch artist in her own right. She's never sold any of her work, but we have 3 or 4 pictures she took on her wall. One is of the Christo umbrella installation that was quite an experience. It was a shame that one of the umbrellas fell over in the wind and killed someone, so they took it down early. :)
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby dkm32 » Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:56 pm

I have a house with all original artwork. So original that the artist isn't known outside of the house. It's really funny when someone comes over and makes a comment about seeing one of the pieces (or a copy) in a studio somewhere. Or, once, the original in a museum. It's all I can do to bite my tongue. But after the person has left a good laugh is had by one and all.
Donna
aka: Josef Strauss Nut
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Return to Nicole Marie