Open Studio Weekend!!

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Open Studio Weekend!!

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon May 06, 2002 11:34 am

Hello All!<P>Thanks to all the listeners I met over Open Studio Weekend this past Saturday! Open Studio was a city wide opening of artist studios and galleries. I had so much fun meeting the artist viewing their work and also buying some original works. And of course the best part was meeting some new listners and see some long time friends like Shostakovich!<P>Here's a clip of the piece I picked up this weekend. It's called "Wonderdog" by joEb (Joe Baker). Very cool artist! <BR> <A HREF="http://joebaker.net/new%20map/wonderdog.html" TARGET=_blank>http://joebaker.net/new%20map/wonderdog.html</A>
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Re: Open Studio Weekend!!

Postby EJA » Mon May 06, 2002 7:52 pm

Nice print. I sure would have put the boots on the hind legs, though. How's a dog supposed to ride with his hind legs flapping in the breeze? I suppose he could hold the reigns in his teeth. Maybe I'm overthinking this . . . One cool (hot?) dog in any case. <P>I wish we had artists who make genuine art in our area. My dad ran across a local artist recently and I saw some of his work. None of it was particularly intelligible. One print vaguely resembled a buffalo standing over a sheep laying on a cot in a field of pea soup. Probably not exactly what the artist had in mind, but a title would have helped. Overthinking again. . . Anyway, it's neat that you have real artists there. Open Studio Weekend sounds like a lot of fun.
– EJA

Reality: An important truth test
EJA
3rd Chair

Postby rqgrandad » Wed May 08, 2002 5:40 am

RIGHT ON, EJA!!!!
rqgrandad
4th Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Wed May 08, 2002 11:57 am

Thanks EJA. I enjoy the painting very much too. Although most of my home is artists who paint "Buffalo's in pea soup". I truly love contemporary artists. As well as my music, contemporary music and art is a true passion of mine. <P>So this print was a little more "Down to Earth" for my taste. But as a dog lover it was something I could not pass up. And of course my money goes to a local artist who can now continue in his art. Good art and support the local art community!
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Return to Nicole Marie