The magic of Classical music

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: The magic of Classical music

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:37 am

<p>[ 08-26-2002: Message edited by: Nicole Marie ]
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby jnowacki » Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:42 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brodie:<BR><STRONG>...Then you will think. And you will think. And you will get an idea. And hey wait a minute, writing doesn't have to be dull at all. But if it is correct, then by most means it usually is... <P>-Brodie</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>OINK!!! Oink, oink, oink, OINK!!! :roll:
john

"When all reasonable force fails, use a bigger hammer!"
jnowacki
4th Chair

Postby tancred » Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:43 am

Sorry Brodie, you lost me.<BR>STOP alluding to a Clockwork Orange. It's a great book and good movie. However, the protagonist is a rapist, thief and coward. You may not want to be infattuated with that type of charcter. <BR>I could be nasty, but its too early and I am too tired.<BR>This is also my last post on the topic!<BR>Tanc :mad:
"What, the flames already?"<BR>The last words of Voltaire, a life-long atheist.
tancred
4th Chair

Postby barfle » Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:23 am

Brodie, I'll throw in my two cents again, in the off chance that you care. You won't go to jail or pay a fine for writing in a manner that only you can comprehend. It's a free country, the Bill of Rights is still mostly in effect, and free speech is one of our most cherished rights. Say what you want, the way you want to.<P>However, if you want to be read or heard and understood, don't fill your writing with so many errors that they stand in the way of your message. <BR>ifudontkarboutpunkshuashunorothergrameritsokwithmebutiwontmaketheefforttofigeritout<BR> :confused:
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby treebeau » Mon Aug 26, 2002 10:21 am

Howdy,<P>I don't know if this has been addressed yet, because I only skimmed through this thread. I believe that a good writer tailors his (her) material to the intended audience.<P>It should be obvious by now that the audience on these B.com bulletin boards tend to be more interested in intelligent, well written questions, answers, and observations. If one wishes to converse with this community, then he would do well to use the language of the community.<P>If one doesn't do that, then he may find himself boycotted before long.<P>It's a free country, and everyone is free to speak and write as they wish. Just don't expect everyone else to pay attention for long.<P>Regards,<BR>Tim B.
treebeau
2nd Chair

Postby jakjak2424 » Mon Aug 26, 2002 12:17 pm

For the new member who said that he just discovered the beauty of classical music: i say good for you! <BR>I have another secret to share everyone here: classical tibetan sounds to help you heal yourself and develop superior senses:<P>(the universe was created by music and mathematics)<P>It is recommeded to repeat each sound seven times:<P>1.) ee ( as in eel) - connected to the brain to help develop imagination, inspiration and creative will power.<P>2.) eh (as in help)- connected to the throat to develop the inner ear of the musicians.<P>3.) oh (as in omen) - connected to the heart to develop intuition and superior emotions such as love, patience, serenity.<P>4.) ah (as in aha!) - connectd to the lungs to develop genetic memory to help you remember past lives (if you believe in that).<P>5.) uh (as in who) - connected to the solar plexus to for inferior emotions.<P>6.) mm ( as in yumm) - boils your blood to increase your heat, energy and passion.<P>7.) ss (as in space) - connected to your spine to develop your instincts.<P>Some of you may think this is nonsense, for those of you who do not: the above is great for actors like me to develop voice projection, diction, and to relax. for the averge person it is also good to help rejuvinate yourself and heal your body plus to develop superior senses such as intuition and clairvoyance (hope i spelled it right!) it's cool stuff and it works for me!
jakjak2424
Section Player

Postby Brodie » Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:54 pm

I must take back atleast a few remarks do to this very statement:<P>"I believe that a good writer tailors his (her) material to the intended audience.<P>It should be obvious by now that the audience on these B.com bulletin boards tend to be more interested in intelligent, well written questions, answers, and observations. If one wishes to converse with this community, then he would do well to use the language of the community."<P>Man alive, now thats thinking. Genius if I may say. That sums it all up.<P>But....I still havge a bone to pick. But do keep in mind, most of you have made your, unresponsiveness known already, can't very well take that back can you.<P>Tanc. Alluding to A Clockwork Orange, (I almost laugh at that). I am by no means alluding to it. Or any other Burgess books. No its a little of the ol Dante Burton I'm referring to. A book by the Name "Facts and Opinions about Facts and Opinions" is what I have taken most of this stuff from, choice and (if I may just sort of mock) all that cal. Great writer. Now for one last statement I guess.<P>This all started with the topic of Classical music, as do most of the threads on the board. But it some how morphed from that to different music, then to writing. I look back, it doesn't make sense. Why all of us who have taken part, did what we did. I truly do wonder what has made us all believe so strongly in something that is as unpredidctable as music, but somehow we do. Now if I did show you anything, which I'm sure (from the responses atleast) I didn't, then let atleast be this. One man can never change the opinions of everyone. Never. Not Jesus, nor God, nor Muhammad has been able to do it, and I doubt I could do even a slight bit like what they have done. I am as self indulgent in my own opinions as the next person. Be it that some of, if not all of you (with the exception of Mrs. Marie and my regard to uniforms of any kind), do not agree with the way, I think or compose myself for that matter. I'll never be able to change that. I will no longer try. If I think one way, and you think the other, then great grandy dandy wonderful, but if we ever do agree on something then good for us....Maybe just aybe it may happen.<P><BR>-Brodie
Brodie
4th Chair

Postby tancred » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:05 am

"Tanc. Alluding to A Clockwork Orange, (I almost laugh at that). I am by no means alluding to it. Or any other Burgess books. No its a little of the ol Dante Burton I'm referring to. A book by the Name "Facts and Opinions about Facts and Opinions" is what I have taken most of this stuff from, choice and (if I may just sort of mock) all that cal."<P><BR>"All that cal?" What the hell is that if not from a Clockwork Orange? How can you say you are not constantly beating the readers of this forum about the head and shoulders with nadsat? I suspect your interest in Classical music is directly related to Alex, the book's 'hero', who loves classical.<BR>Son, I just don't get you...<BR>Tanc<BR>P.S. Okay - this is truly my last posting on the subject!!!<P>[ 08-28-2002: Message edited by: tancred ]<p>[ 08-28-2002: Message edited by: tancred ]
"What, the flames already?"<BR>The last words of Voltaire, a life-long atheist.
tancred
4th Chair

Postby audiogirl » Wed Aug 28, 2002 3:39 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jnowacki:<BR><STRONG><P>This is the reason behind the old adage,<BR>"Never attempt to teach a pig to sing...you only waste your time, and annoy the pig"! :roll: <P>I can never, for the life of me, understand why some people in this world make a deliberate attempt to appear, or actually BE, stupid. The fact that these humanoids are walking the face of the planet, sucking up valuable oxygen, consuming valuable resources, and contributing nothing to the bettering of the world we live in is of considerable irritation to me. I truly believe in a "live and let live" world, but my patience is strained to the max by attitudes such as this. :mad: <P>No need to reply, as there is no possible point of dialog. You're WRONG, and always WILL BE WRONG!! (Bye you're ohn admition!)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Thank you, John for the best laugh of the month. You (and your "attitude") will be sorely missed.
audiogirl
3rd Chair

Postby Brodie » Wed Aug 28, 2002 6:19 pm

Tanc. I meant the things on choice, not nadsat. That came up when we talked about writers. All that cal does come from the book, but do read the post, it says "almost to mock" I think thats how it went. Thus I said it. But as for beating them with Nadsat? I would much rather beat Gonzo or the new form Neo-Gonzo into your head than Nadast. You mostly brought that up. I only reiterated. As for having my intrest in classical intrest come from Alex, nothing could be farther from the truth. I think what really got me into it was when I was in second grade and my teacher got out a record that had Bach's Brandenberg Concertos on it. And she also used to play, I think it was Vivaldi, though I'm not sure. And a lot of Mozart. Ah the good ol days.<P>Well I think that shall be the end of this thread, if no one responds. Kind of sad. Something that drew so much attetion, and emotions, biting the dust. After all this time it will be swept under the rug. Well as I do say often. Thus is life....<P><BR>-Brodie<P>EDIT: I saw a sentence that bugged me.<p>[ 08-28-2002: Message edited by: Brodie ]
Brodie
4th Chair

Previous

Return to Nicole Marie