Favorite Instrument

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Favorite Instrument

Postby DavidEB310 » Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:27 am

TuneGirl,<P>Only if I can find my lost shaker of salt!
DavidEB310
4th Chair

Postby TuneGirl » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:00 pm

Fins to the left, fins to the right?...<P>Tunegirl
TuneGirl
5th Chair

Postby oceanpa » Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:34 am

for the orchestra, I have to go with the violin. For a band, I'm a fan of the trumpet, but for listening only. A baritone horn is my favorite instrument to play, it has a sweet mello sound. I also like listening to the saxophone. One question here: has anyone ever played a contrabass saxophone? Years ago I saw and heard one, they are awesome!
oceanpa
Section Player

Postby EJA » Thu Oct 31, 2002 3:07 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dkm32:<BR><STRONG>Easy!<P>#1 - Bagpipes<BR>#2 - Kilts...ah, uh, Bagpipes<BR>#3 - Banjo<P>Ah, whata band!<P>[ 10-27-2002: Message edited by: dkm32 ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>We might be kin, Donna. Any of your relatives hail from the Isle of Skye or Johnson City Tennessee?
– EJA

Reality: An important truth test
EJA
3rd Chair

Postby wcoye » Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:31 pm

Re contrabass sax,<P>Never played one but I'm Dying to. The Wind orchestra I play with has done a couple of programs with a sax quintet named "the Nuclear Whales". A fantastic group! They have one and the player always demostrates a little on it. Strange sound. In ensemble it comes off almost as a percussion instrument. VERY cool!!!!<BR>Bill
wcoye
5th Chair

Postby squib » Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:29 pm

I would say the voice, you just can't get anymore sincere or individually expressive than a beautiful voice. <P>Otherwise I would say the guitar, expressive like the violin, polyphonic like the piano, and you hold it close to your heart.
squib
Section Player

Postby barfle » Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:01 am

Billy, there's also a group called the San Francisco Saxophone Quartet. They have a CD called "Tails of the City" (because they are all in formal wear on the cover art). It's an incredible journey through some wonderful classical music, all done on fairly non-traditional instruments (four different ranges of saxophone). It's out of print, but if you can find a copy, grab it!
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby dkm32 » Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:52 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EJA:<BR><STRONG><P>We might be kin, Donna. Any of your relatives hail from the Isle of Skye or Johnson City Tennessee?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this. The furthest south my kin can call home (aside from Southern Cal) is South Dakota. Prior to that it was Ireland and Germany.<P>BTW: My favorite Banjo picker was John Hartford. Did you ever get to see him? Great talent. Alas, he died last year...many years too young!
Donna
aka: Josef Strauss Nut
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Postby priya978 » Sat Nov 16, 2002 10:01 pm

Every great musician died to young. Karajan, Berstein, Szell. And Beethoven, especially Mozart, etc. It's a pity.
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby bignaf » Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eugene a.:<BR><STRONG>Every great musician died to young. Karajan, Berstein, Szell. And Beethoven, especially Mozart, etc. It's a pity.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>you expect everyone to live 100 years? Karajan lived 81 years is that "too young"?<BR>well, maybe you're right. I wouldn't mind if he lived some 162 years.
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby boosky » Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:25 pm

being a drummer i would have to say precussion...... but i love to hear piano
MUSIC IS THE FLOWER OF FEELING
boosky
5th Chair

Postby Nonamel » Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:41 pm

Eugene A. wrote:<P>Every great musician died to young. Karajan, Berstein, Szell. And Beethoven, especially Mozart, etc. It's a pity.<P> While this really doesn't have much to do with musicians, another of the brilliant minds out there died at a young age. Edgar Allan Poe died just after his fourtieth birthday.
I don't have a name, so if you must give me a name, then give me Noname.<BR> Nonamel
Nonamel
5th Chair

Previous

Return to Nicole Marie